• VaSID First Team
• All-ACC Second Team
• Played in and started all 21 games on defense
• Third on the team in draw controls (38), fourth in ground balls (42) and fifth in caused turnovers (21)
• Had a ground ball and a draw control in all but two games
• Had a career-high five ground balls and five draw controls in the win at William & Mary
• Had three or more ground balls in seven games and multiple draws in 11 contests
• Recorded a career-high four caused turnovers at BC
• Scored first career goal against North Carolina in NCAA Tournament (5/14/17)
• Played in all 18 games with nine starts
• Fourth on the team with 23 ground balls and fifth with 21 draw controls
• Had a ground ball in all but two games
• Finished with four draw controls and three caused turnovers in win at No. 5 Louisville (4/16)
• Had a career-high three ground balls and added three caused turnovers at Navy (4/6)
• Recorded a career-best five draw controls against Johns Hopkins in the NCAA First Round (5/13)
• Three-time First Team All-American
• Two-time First Team All-WCAC , earning second team honors in 2014
• Three-time First Team All-State
• 2015 First Team All-Met, after earning second-team honors in 2014
• Two-time Academic All-American
• 2014-15 Girls Lacrosse Cardinal Award
• Played in the 2015 Under Armour All-American Classic
• 2015 All-USA Girls Lacrosse honorable mention
• Served as the team captain, helping to lead Bishop Ireton to both a conference and state title
• Also ran four years of varsity cross country, serving as team captain her senior season
• Parents are Douglas and Kathleen Luzik
• Has two siblings, Jack and Andrew
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores