• Played in two games, making first start against Virginia Tech on Senior Day
• Picked up first draw control that led to opening goal in win over Virginia Tech (4/22/17)
• Played in two games
• Recorded a draw control against William & Mary
• IWLCA Academic Honor Roll
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in three games
• Picked up a ground ball against Virginia Tech and at William & Mary
Transferred to Virginia after playing at Davidson in 2014
• Big South Freshman of the Year
• All-Big South Second Team
• Played in 18 games with 10 starts, scoring 18 goals with six assists for 24 points
• Scored hat tricks against Presbyterian and Longwood
• Added 20 ground balls, five draw controls and three caused turnovers on the season
• 2013 Academic All-American as well as All-Long Island Second Team in lacrosse
• 2012 All-County honorable mention
• Also played soccer at Cold Springs Harbor, helping to lead the team to two state semifinal appearances
• 2012 All-State, All-County and named the Most Valuable Player of the County Finals her senior season of playing soccer
• Also ran winter track where she was a member of a 4x400 relay that was ranked 36th in the nation for the 2012-13 season
• Named to the Cold Spring Harbor High School Hall of Fame for lacrosse, winter track and soccer.
• Parents are Bill and Maureen Rueger
• Has two older brothers, Matthew and Charles
• Father, Bill, played soccer at Bowdoin College
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores