• Played in two games, making first start against Virginia Tech on Senior Day
• Picked up first draw control that led to opening goal in win over Virginia Tech (4/22/17)
• Played in two games
• Recorded a draw control against William & Mary
• IWLCA Academic Honor Roll
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in three games
• Picked up a ground ball against Virginia Tech and at William & Mary
Transferred to Virginia after playing at Davidson in 2014
• Big South Freshman of the Year
• All-Big South Second Team
• Played in 18 games with 10 starts, scoring 18 goals with six assists for 24 points
• Scored hat tricks against Presbyterian and Longwood
• Added 20 ground balls, five draw controls and three caused turnovers on the season
• 2013 Academic All-American as well as All-Long Island Second Team in lacrosse
• 2012 All-County honorable mention
• Also played soccer at Cold Springs Harbor, helping to lead the team to two state semifinal appearances
• 2012 All-State, All-County and named the Most Valuable Player of the County Finals her senior season of playing soccer
• Also ran winter track where she was a member of a 4x400 relay that was ranked 36th in the nation for the 2012-13 season
• Named to the Cold Spring Harbor High School Hall of Fame for lacrosse, winter track and soccer.
• Parents are Bill and Maureen Rueger
• Has two older brothers, Matthew and Charles
• Father, Bill, played soccer at Bowdoin College
End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing AgainWomen's Basketball3/13/18In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet California (21-10) in the first round Friday at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 8 Virginia Returns to ACC Play at No. 21 Notre Dame
W. Lacrosse | 3/16/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team returns to ACC action when it travels to No. 21...
No. 8 UVA Falls in a Shootout at No. 13 Loyola, 19-18
W. Lacrosse | 3/14/2018
The No. 8 Virginia Cavaliers (5-2) overcame a five-goal deficit, but fell late to the No. 13...
No. 8 Virginia Travels to No. 13 Loyola Maryland
W. Lacrosse | 3/13/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will be on the road at No. 13 Loyola Maryland on...
No. 6 Virginia Falls 13-9 to No. 5 North Carolina
W. Lacrosse | 3/10/2018
The Cavaliers led 6-4 at halftime, but a second-half rally by the Tar Heels gave UVA its first...
No. 6 Virginia Hosts No. 5 North Carolina Saturday
W. Lacrosse | 3/9/2018
The No. 6 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts No. 5 North Carolina (3-2) on Saturday at 1 ...
No. 9 Virginia Outlasts No. 5 Syracuse 17-16
W. Lacrosse | 3/4/2018
The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team held on for a 17-16 win over No. 5 Syracuse on...
No. 9 Virginia Meets No. 5 Syracuse in ACC Home Opener
W. Lacrosse | 03/03/2018
The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts No. 5 Syracuse in its Atlantic Coach...
Virginia Has Three Named to Tewaaraton Award Watch List
W. Lacrosse | 03/01/2018
Virginia women’s lacrosse had three players selected to the 2018 Tewaaraton Award Watch...
- Online Stores