Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Women's Lacrosse Academic Team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Casey Bocklet scored four goals with three assists
Casey Bocklet scored five goals with three assists
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Played in 17 games with 17 starts
• Fourth on the team with 27 goals scored
• Finished with 32 points (27 goals, five assists)
• Had multiple goals in 11 games
• Scored a season-best four goals in the win at Virginia Tech (4/22)
• Had three hat tricks on the season (Boston College, Navy and Virginia Tech)
• Ranked third on the team with 35 goals
• Scored her 35 goals on 62 shots for a .565 shooting percentage
• Finished the season with three-straight hat tricks, scoring three goals in the ACC Tournament against Notre Dame and then in each of the two NCAA Tournament games
• Six hat tricks
• Had three four-goal games including contributing six points on four goals and two assists at Syracuse
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 19 games with 10 starts
• Contributed 30 points with 25 goals and five assists
• Led the team with a .641 shooting percentage
• Moved into the starting lineup against Old Dominion
• Since becoming a starter, scored 21 goals with four assists.
• Finished the season scoring at least two goals in eight of her last 10 games
• Had a seven-game scoring streak snapped against Princeton, but still has an active 11-game points streak
• Scored a goal against William & Mary off a pass from her twin sister, Brooke
• Scored five goals in the NCAA Tournament, including a hat trick in the semifinals against Syracuse
• Finished the season with four hat tricks including back-to-back three-goal performances in the victories over No. 9 Notre Dame and No. 6 Maryland
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Made first career appearance against William & Mary
• Scored first career goal at Old Dominion, finishing the game with a hat trick, scoring all three goals in the first half
• Scored two goals at American
• Had her first career assist in the victory over Duke in the first round of the ACC Tournament
• Has three points in the first two games of the NCAA Tournament with a goal against Penn and a goal and an assist against Georgetown
• Scored a hat trick in the NCAA quarterfinals at North Carolina, scoring the three goals on four shots
• Ranked third on the team in scoring during the NCAA Tournament with her five goals
• Led all Cavalier freshmen with 14 points (12 goals, two assists)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played four seasons of lacrosse and four seasons of tennis a St. Paul's School for Girls
• High school doubles partner in tennis was her twin sister, Brooke, winning the 2008 IAAM Conference doubles championship
• Led St. Paul's in scoring in the 2010-12 seasons, scoring over 215 career goals
• 2011 Under Armour Underclass All-American - Baltimore
• 2012 Under Armour Senior All-American (South team)
• 2011 and 2012 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A-Conference All-Star
• Full name is Kelly Weeks Boyd
• Daughter of John and Kathy Boyd
• Has two siblings, an older sister Taylor and a twin sister, Brooke, who also plays on the Virginia lacrosse team
• Her major is Economics
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores