By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Casey Bocklet scored four goals with three assists
Cavaliers upset a previously-undefeated team for the second-straight Saturday
A 7-1 Virginia run gives the Cavaliers the road victory
• VaSID First Team
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Led Virginia with 43 goals, to rank 12th in the ACC
• Third on the team with 55 points
• Named ACC Co-Offensive Player of the Week the week of March 21 following wins over Loyola and then-No. 10 Notre Dame. Reese averaged 4.00 goals per game on 6.00 shots per game with an .833 shot on goal percentage
• Scored a season-high five goals in the win over Loyola
• Recorded a hat trick in eight games this season, and had a stretch of six-straight
• Scored a goal in all but two games
• Appeared in 18 games with nine starts
• Third on the team with 27 goals
• Finished with 34 points on 27 goals and seven assists
• Scored a career-high five goals and added an assist in the win over No. 6 Penn State (2/27)
• Named Inside Lacrosse Fan Poll National Player of the Week after scoring nine goals in two games
• Had multiple goals in eight contests
• Recorded a hat trick three times (Richmond, Penn State, Virginia Tech)
• Had a career-high three draw controls against William & Mary (3/2)
• Played in all 19 games
• Scored 21 goals with six assists for 27 points
• Had the game-winning goal in back-to-back games against Princeton and at James Madison
• Also scored the game-winner against Virginia Tech
• Three hat tricks
• Scored three goals with an assist in the win at Boston College
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six games
• Scored a goal in her first collegiate game against Penn State (March 1)
• Scored a goal in the regular-season finale at Virginia Tech (April 16)
• Won a draw control against American (April 1)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2013 First Team All-American
• 2013 Under Armour All-American
• 2013 First Team All Metro-Washington Post
• 2013 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A Conference All Star
• Ranked #16 Rising College Freshman by Inside Lacrosse
• Played four years Varsity Lacrosse and Soccer
• 2012-2013 Lacrosse Captain
• 2012-2013 Soccer Captain
• 2011-2012 Under Armour Underclass All American
• 2012-2013 First Team All County-Capital Gazette
• Full name is Kelly Reese
• Daughter of Rick and Sandie Reese
• Has one sibling, Kristen
• 2011-2012 National Honor Society Member
• 2012-2013 National Art Honor Society Member
• Her major is History
Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores