Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Coach Myers shares her take-aways from the training period
Cavaliers open a two-game homestand by hosting the Monarchs on March 26 at 7 p.m.
Cavaliers and the Tribe square-off on March 12 at 7 p.m.
Head coach Julie Myers reflects on Fall Ball
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• Played in and started 20 games
• Had 32 ground balls, 24 caused turnovers and six draw controls
• Picked up career-high seven ground balls and six caused turnovers in win at JMU (3/22/17)
• Eight games with multiple ground balls, seven with multiple caused turnovers
• IWLCA Second Team All-South Region
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• VaSID Second Team
• Started all 18 games on defense
• Second on the team with 16 caused turnovers
• Third on the team with 35 draw controls
• Fourth on the team with 23 ground balls
• Recorded a career-high 11 draw controls at Navy (4/6)
• Finished with two ground balls, three draw controls and a career-high four caused turnovers in win over No. 4 Northwestern (2/13)
• Had multiple ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 12 games with 12 starts
• Missed seven games after suffering an injury in the Duke game
• Had 16 ground balls including four games in which she picked up three ground balls
• Caused 11 turnovers
• Caused three turnovers with three ground balls at James Madison
• Appeared in 13 games with six starts, including starting the first four games of the season
• Picked up four ground balls with two caused turnovers and two draw controls against Loyola (Feb. 15)
• Had three ground balls and a caused turnover in the regular-season meeting with No. 1 North Carolina (March 8)
• 14 ground balls, 11 caused turnovers and three draw controls
• 2013 US All-American
• 2013 Under Armour All-American
• 2013 First Team Baltimore All Met
• Played three years Varsity Lacrosse at McDonogh, starting all three years
• 2013 Captain
• 2013 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland Conference All Star Team
• 2013 Varsity Sport's Network Defensive Player of the year
• 2012 Baltimore Under Armour underclassmen team
• 2011 Baltimore Metro Team 1
• Played Varsity Soccer for 2 years
• Daughter of Hugh Preas II and Michael Anne Preas
• 2010-2013 Honor Roll
• 2013 Howard C. Eyth Scholar Athlete
• Has two siblings, Hugh and Caitlin
• Sister Caitlin played lacrosse at Mount St. Mary's 2005-2009
• Her major is Spanish
Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores