Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Coach Myers shares her take-aways from the training period
Cavaliers open a two-game homestand by hosting the Monarchs on March 26 at 7 p.m.
Cavaliers and the Tribe square-off on March 12 at 7 p.m.
Head coach Julie Myers reflects on Fall Ball
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• Played in and started 20 games
• Had 32 ground balls, 24 caused turnovers and six draw controls
• Picked up career-high seven ground balls and six caused turnovers in win at JMU (3/22/17)
• Eight games with multiple ground balls, seven with multiple caused turnovers
• IWLCA Second Team All-South Region
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• VaSID Second Team
• Started all 18 games on defense
• Second on the team with 16 caused turnovers
• Third on the team with 35 draw controls
• Fourth on the team with 23 ground balls
• Recorded a career-high 11 draw controls at Navy (4/6)
• Finished with two ground balls, three draw controls and a career-high four caused turnovers in win over No. 4 Northwestern (2/13)
• Had multiple ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 12 games with 12 starts
• Missed seven games after suffering an injury in the Duke game
• Had 16 ground balls including four games in which she picked up three ground balls
• Caused 11 turnovers
• Caused three turnovers with three ground balls at James Madison
• Appeared in 13 games with six starts, including starting the first four games of the season
• Picked up four ground balls with two caused turnovers and two draw controls against Loyola (Feb. 15)
• Had three ground balls and a caused turnover in the regular-season meeting with No. 1 North Carolina (March 8)
• 14 ground balls, 11 caused turnovers and three draw controls
• 2013 US All-American
• 2013 Under Armour All-American
• 2013 First Team Baltimore All Met
• Played three years Varsity Lacrosse at McDonogh, starting all three years
• 2013 Captain
• 2013 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland Conference All Star Team
• 2013 Varsity Sport's Network Defensive Player of the year
• 2012 Baltimore Under Armour underclassmen team
• 2011 Baltimore Metro Team 1
• Played Varsity Soccer for 2 years
• Daughter of Hugh Preas II and Michael Anne Preas
• 2010-2013 Honor Roll
• 2013 Howard C. Eyth Scholar Athlete
• Has two siblings, Hugh and Caitlin
• Sister Caitlin played lacrosse at Mount St. Mary's 2005-2009
• Her major is Spanish
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-James Madison Postponed to April 18
W. Lacrosse | 3/21/2018
The Virginia women's lacrosse game vs. James Madison, originally scheduled for Wednesday, March...
No. 9 Virginia Hosts No. 4 James Madison Wednesday
W. Lacrosse | 3/20/2018
The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will host No. 4 James Madison on Wednesday at 7 p....
No. 8 Virginia Powers Past No. 21 Notre Dame
W. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team used a balanced offensive attack to pick up an ACC...
No. 8 Virginia Returns to ACC Play at No. 21 Notre Dame
W. Lacrosse | 3/16/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team returns to ACC action when it travels to No. 21...
No. 8 UVA Falls in a Shootout at No. 13 Loyola, 19-18
W. Lacrosse | 3/14/2018
The No. 8 Virginia Cavaliers (5-2) overcame a five-goal deficit, but fell late to the No. 13...
No. 8 Virginia Travels to No. 13 Loyola Maryland
W. Lacrosse | 3/13/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will be on the road at No. 13 Loyola Maryland on...
No. 6 Virginia Falls 13-9 to No. 5 North Carolina
W. Lacrosse | 03/10/2018
The Cavaliers led 6-4 at halftime, but a second-half rally by the Tar Heels gave UVA its first...
No. 6 Virginia Hosts No. 5 North Carolina Saturday
W. Lacrosse | 03/09/2018
The No. 6 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts No. 5 North Carolina (3-2) on Saturday at 1 ...
- Online Stores