Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Coach Myers shares her take-aways from the training period
Cavaliers open a two-game homestand by hosting the Monarchs on March 26 at 7 p.m.
Cavaliers and the Tribe square-off on March 12 at 7 p.m.
Head coach Julie Myers reflects on Fall Ball
• IWLCA Second Team All-South Region
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• VaSID Second Team
• Started all 18 games on defense
• Second on the team with 16 caused turnovers
• Third on the team with 35 draw controls
• Fourth on the team with 23 ground balls
• Recorded a career-high 11 draw controls at Navy (4/6)
• Finished with two ground balls, three draw controls and a career-high four caused turnovers in win over No. 4 Northwestern (2/13)
• Had multiple ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 12 games with 12 starts
• Missed seven games after suffering an injury in the Duke game
• Had 16 ground balls including four games in which she picked up three ground balls
• Caused 11 turnovers
• Caused three turnovers with three ground balls at James Madison
• Appeared in 13 games with six starts, including starting the first four games of the season
• Picked up four ground balls with two caused turnovers and two draw controls against Loyola (Feb. 15)
• Had three ground balls and a caused turnover in the regular-season meeting with No. 1 North Carolina (March 8)
• 14 ground balls, 11 caused turnovers and three draw controls
• 2013 US All-American
• 2013 Under Armour All-American
• 2013 First Team Baltimore All Met
• Played three years Varsity Lacrosse at McDonogh, starting all three years
• 2013 Captain
• 2013 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland Conference All Star Team
• 2013 Varsity Sport's Network Defensive Player of the year
• 2012 Baltimore Under Armour underclassmen team
• 2011 Baltimore Metro Team 1
• Played Varsity Soccer for 2 years
• Daughter of Hugh Preas II and Michael Anne Preas
• 2010-2013 Honor Roll
• 2013 Howard C. Eyth Scholar Athlete
• Has two siblings, Hugh and Caitlin
• Sister Caitlin played lacrosse at Mount St. Mary's 2005-2009
• Her major is Spanish
Cavalier Football Notebook: Duke WeekFootball9/29/16Sophomore Olamide Zaccheaus is the leading receiver for Virginia, which opens ACC play Saturday afternoon against Duke in Durham, N.C.Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2017 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 9/26/2016
Virginia women’s lacrosse head coach Julie Myers announced that fourth-years Maggie Preas, ...
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2016 Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/15/2016
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will include ...
Women's Lacrosse Adds Colleen McCaffrey To Staff
W. Lacrosse | 8/8/2016
Virginia women's lacrosse head coach Julie Myers announced the hiring of Colleen McCaffrey as an ...
Virginia Women’s Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/29/2016
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team, along with two individual student-athletes, were...
Three Players Named to ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academ...
W. Lacrosse | 6/20/2016
Three Virginia women's lacrosse players were named to the ACC All-Academic Team, the league...
Four Virginia Women's Lacrosse Players Named to All-State Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/16/2016
Virginia women's lacrosse had four players earn VaSID All-State honors, the organization...
Virginia's Season Ends with Loss to Johns Hopkins in NCAA...
W. Lacrosse | 05/13/2016
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team’s (9-9) season ended with a 12-10 loss to Johns...
Four Players Earn IWLCA All-South Region Honors
W. Lacrosse | 05/13/2016
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team had four players earn Intercollegiate Women’s...
- Online Stores