Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Coach Myers shares her take-aways from the training period
Cavaliers open a two-game homestand by hosting the Monarchs on March 26 at 7 p.m.
Cavaliers and the Tribe square-off on March 12 at 7 p.m.
Head coach Julie Myers reflects on Fall Ball
• IWLCA Second Team All-South Region
• All-ACC Second Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• VaSID Second Team
• Started all 18 games on defense
• Second on the team with 16 caused turnovers
• Third on the team with 35 draw controls
• Fourth on the team with 23 ground balls
• Recorded a career-high 11 draw controls at Navy (4/6)
• Finished with two ground balls, three draw controls and a career-high four caused turnovers in win over No. 4 Northwestern (2/13)
• Had multiple ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 12 games with 12 starts
• Missed seven games after suffering an injury in the Duke game
• Had 16 ground balls including four games in which she picked up three ground balls
• Caused 11 turnovers
• Caused three turnovers with three ground balls at James Madison
• Appeared in 13 games with six starts, including starting the first four games of the season
• Picked up four ground balls with two caused turnovers and two draw controls against Loyola (Feb. 15)
• Had three ground balls and a caused turnover in the regular-season meeting with No. 1 North Carolina (March 8)
• 14 ground balls, 11 caused turnovers and three draw controls
• 2013 US All-American
• 2013 Under Armour All-American
• 2013 First Team Baltimore All Met
• Played three years Varsity Lacrosse at McDonogh, starting all three years
• 2013 Captain
• 2013 Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland Conference All Star Team
• 2013 Varsity Sport's Network Defensive Player of the year
• 2012 Baltimore Under Armour underclassmen team
• 2011 Baltimore Metro Team 1
• Played Varsity Soccer for 2 years
• Daughter of Hugh Preas II and Michael Anne Preas
• 2010-2013 Honor Roll
• 2013 Howard C. Eyth Scholar Athlete
• Has two siblings, Hugh and Caitlin
• Sister Caitlin played lacrosse at Mount St. Mary's 2005-2009
• Her major is Spanish
Cavaliers Shift Focus to ACC TourneyWomen's Basketball2/27/17In the ACC tournament, No. 8 Virginia, which has a first-round bye, meets No. 9 seed Wake Forest at 2 p.m. Thursday in Conway, S.C.Short-Handed 'Hoos Rediscover Shooting TouchMen's Basketball2/25/17No. 18 Virginia, which hosts No. 8 North Carolina at 7 p.m. Monday, ended a four-game losing streak Saturday with a victory at NC State.Weekend Notebook: Perrantes Hits HomestretchMen's Basketball2/24/17For point guard London Perrantes, the final regular-season road game of his UVA basketball career is Saturday afternoon at NC State.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls 17-10 to No. 12 Princeton
W. Lacrosse | 2/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-2) fell 17-10 to No. 12 Princeton on Saturday (Feb 25...
Women's Lacrosse Hosts No. 12 Princeton Saturday
W. Lacrosse | 2/24/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-1) returns home to host No. 12 Princeton (1-0) on...
Mueller Paces Virginia to 15-14 Win Over Richmond
W. Lacrosse | 2/22/2017
Freshman Sammy Mueller scored six goals to propel the Virginia women's lacrosse team (1-1) to a...
Virginia Plays at Richmond Wednesday
W. Lacrosse | 2/21/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team (0-1) returns after a week off to play at Richmond (1-0)...
Virginia Downs Wales in an Exhibition
W. Lacrosse | 2/14/2017
The Virginia women's lacrosse team hosted the national team of Wales in a scrimmage on Tuesday at...
Women’s Lacrosse Hosts Wales in Scrimmage Tuesday
W. Lacrosse | 2/13/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team will host the Wales National Team in a scrimmage on...
Virginia Falls 11-10 to Elon
W. Lacrosse | 02/11/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team (0-1) fell 11-10 to Elon (2-0) in its season opener on...
No. 14 Women's Lacrosse Hosts Elon to Open 2017 Season
W. Lacrosse | 02/10/2017
The Virginia women's lacrosse team (0-0) will begin the 2017 season Saturday (Feb. 11) when it...
- Online Stores