Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Seniors score 14 of Virginia's 17 goals on Senior Night
Casey Bocklet scored four goals with three assists
Casey Bocklet scored five goals with three assists
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the victory
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• All-ACC Second Team
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Started all 18 games
• Led team with 22 caused turnovers
• Second on the team with 35 ground balls
• Finished with 10 goals, 16 assists to total 26 points
• Scored a season-high two goals against Johns Hopkins (5/13) in the NCAA first round
• Tallied a career-high four caused turnovers at Notre Dame (3/19)
• Picked up a career-best four ground balls against Richmond (2/24) and Louisville (4/16)
• Had three or more ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Started all 19 games
• 26 points with 17 goals and 9 assists
• 24 ground balls, 15 draw controls and 8 caused turnovers
• Scored hat tricks at Richmond and William & Mary
• Scored the game-winner against Harvard and against Louisville
• Picked up three ground balls at Syracuse, at William & Mary and in the regular-season contest against Notre Dame
• Appeared in all 21 games with 17 starts
• 26 points with 16 goals and 10 assists
• 27 ground balls, 18 draw controls and 11 caused turnovers
• Scored her first collegiate goal on Feb. 18 against Richmond, also getting her first collegiate assist in the same game
• Six multi-goal performances, but is still seeking her first career hat trick
• Contributed four points with two goals and two assists against American (April 1)
• Had a four-game goal-scoring streak snapped against Notre Dame, but had an assist in that contest. Also picked up a career-best four ground balls
• Won a career-high five draw controls in the victory at Virginia Tech
• Scored two goals with an assist in the NCAA Tournament Semifinals victory over North Carolina
• Forced a turnover and picked up the ensuing ground ball in the final 30 seconds of the North Carolina game, helping to cement the Cavalier victory
• Made her first career appearance against William & Mary
• Played in three games including at Old Dominion and at American
• Played four seasons of varsity lacrosse, soccer, and basketball at Glen Ridge High School
• 2012 US Lacrosse All-American in lacrosse
• 2012 first team All-State, 2011 second team All-State
• Led her high school team in assists and draw controls all four years
• As a soccer player earned All-County and All-Conference honors as well as being named the 2011 NNJ Midfielder of the Year
• In basketball, earned All-County and All-Conference honors
• Daughter of Thomas and Monica Alati
• Youngest of four siblings with two older sisters, Aimee and Ali, and an older brother, Thomas
• Father, Thomas, played lacrosse at Maryland and Kutztown University
• Sister, Ali, played lacrosse at Townsend; brother, Thomas, played lacrosse at the University of Scranton
• Was a member of the National Art Honor Society while at GRHS
• Her major is History
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Behr, Mueller Named to IWLCA All-America Teams
W. Lacrosse | 6/14/2018
Senior Kasey Behr and sophomore Sammy Mueller were named to the 2018 IWLCA All-America Teams.
Jeff White: Roller-Coaster Season Ends in NCAAs
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
Virginia, making its 23rd consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament, lost 15-12 to No. 3 seed...
Virginia Ends Season with 15-12 Loss to JMU
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 15-12 to JMU in the 2018 NCAA Second Round on...
Virginia Plays No. 3 seed JMU in NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/12/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will play No. 3 seed James Madison on Sunday (May...
Virginia Defeats Stanford to Advance to NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team advanced to the 2018 NCAA Second Round with a 12-...
Virginia Has Four Players Earn IWLCA All-Region Honors
W. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Virginia women’s lacrosse had four players selected to the IWLCA All-South Region Teams.
Virginia Plays Stanford to Open NCAA Tournament
W. Lacrosse | 05/10/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will begin play in the 2018 NCAA Tournament by...
Kasey Behr Selected Seventh Overall in WPLL Draft
W. Lacrosse | 05/08/2018
Senior Virginia women’s lacrosse midfielder Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) was selected...
- Online Stores