A 7-1 Virginia run gives the Cavaliers the road victory
Cavaliers vying for their fourth NCAA National Championship
Maryland went on a 5-0 run in the final 11:37 to snap Virginia's four-game win streak
Cavaliers earn a 16-14 victory on Senior Night
Cavaliers will host the Dukes on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
• Started all 18 games
• Tied for team-high with 41 points on 35 goals and six assists
• Scored a goal in all but one game
• Had multiple goals in 10 games, including six-straight to start the season
• Scored a career-high four goals against Richmond (2/24), William & Mary (3/2) and Duke (4/28)
• Had a season-high five points against Richmond and Duke
• Grabbed a career-best four draw controls against Richmond
• Played in seven games
• Scored a goal at James Madison and one in the NCAA Tournament first-round win over Winthrop
• Won two draw controls and picked up a ground ball
• Played in 19 games with two starts
• Five goals, four assists, seven ground balls, three draw controls and three caused turnovers
• Scored her first two collegiate goals at William & Mary (March 12)
• Had her first collegiate points in her first game, logging an assist in the season-opener against Northwestern (Feb. 09)
• Contributed a goal and an assist against Old Dominion and against Boston College
• Played varsity lacrosse for McDonogh for four years, serving as the 2013 team captain
• 2013 Under Armour All-American Senior South Team
• 2013 McDonogh Eagle Award recipient
• 2012 Under Armour Underclassmen Baltimore Team
• 2010, 2011 Baltimore Metro Team 1
• Played Varsity Field Hockey three years, serving as the team captain her senior season
• Full name is Roselynd Allegra Valis
• Daughter of Joe and Posey Valis
• Has one brother, Brinton
• Father, Joe, was an All-American Lacrosse Player at Swarthmore
• Worked at McDonogh Summer Lacrosse Camp
• Awarded 2013 Rollins-Luetkemeyer Scholar
• Her major is Media Studies
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
Jackson and Behr Earn IWLCA All-America Honors
W. Lacrosse | 5/17/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson and junior Kasey Behr were named to the 2017 IWLCA All-American Teams.
Virginia Ends Season with Loss to UNC in NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/14/2017
The No. 13 Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 23-12 to No. 2 North Carolina to close its...
Virginia Takes on No. 2 Seed North Carolina in NCAA Second...
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team continues play in the 2017 NCAA Championship against No....
Virginia Advances to NCAA Second Round on Sunday
W. Lacrosse | 5/12/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team advanced to the NCAA second round with an 11-9 victory...
Virginia Has Four Players Earn IWLCA All-Region Honors
W. Lacrosse | 5/12/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team had four players selected to the Intercollegiate Women...
Reese Looks to Extend Cavalier Career
W. Lacrosse | 05/12/2017
Senior attacker Kelly Reese has scored a team-high 40 goals for Virginia, which meets Elon in the...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championship Against Elon
W. Lacrosse | 05/11/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team begins play in the 2017 NCAA Championship first round on...
- Online Stores