Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Women's Lacrosse Academic Team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Cavalier goalkeeper lauded by a vote of the conference's head coached
Cavaliers win their sixth-straight game
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Started all 21 games in goal, playing 1249 minutes
• Recorded 176 saves for a .422 save percentage
• Had 11.58 goals against average
• Recorded career-high eight ground balls against North Carolina in NCAA Tournament (5/14/17)
• Finished with multiple ground balls in 16 games
• Grabbed 10 or more saves in seven of the final nine games of the season
• Had season-high 12 saves six times
• Limited opponents to seven goals or less in five-straight games
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• VaSID All-State First Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• Played all but nine minutes in goal
• Recorded 132 saves on the season to rank third in the ACC with 7.41 saves per game
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week three times (dates)
• Recorded 12 saves and allowed just eight goals for a .600 save percentage in the win over Northwestern (2/13)
• Had double digit saves in five games
• Recorded a season-high 15 saves at Notre Dame (3/19)
• ACC Freshman of the Year
• Inside Lacrosse National Rookie of the Week and ACC Defensive Player of the Week (March 31) after making 18 saves in the victory at Boston College
• Inside Lacrosse Co-National Rookie of the Week (March 3) after making 10 saves at Syracuse and 13 in the win at Penn State
• Played all but four minutes in goal for the Cavaliers this season
• Second in the ACC in saves per game (7.47)
• Made 142 saves with a .419 save percentage, also picking up 31 ground balls
• Posted a 12-7 record
• Five games with double-digit saves
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2014 Capital Gazette Female Athlete of the Year
• Recipient of the 2014 George Roberts Award, honoring Severna Park High's Female Athlete of the Year
• Helped lead SPHS to three state championships (2011, 12, 14)
• 2014 US Lacrosse All-American
• 2014 Coaches All-County First Team and All-Met First Team
• Also was a four-year starter in basketball, leading the team in scoring her senior season
• In basketball, 2014 Coaches All-County First Team after earning second-team honors as a junior
• Played four seasons of soccer, including serving as the starting goalkeeper her junior and senior seasons
• 2013 Coaches All-County second team in soccer
• 2014 Academic All-American
• Daughter of Keith and Tanya Vander Kolk
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 12 Virginia Falls 16-12 at No. 14 Virginia Tech
W. Lacrosse | 4/21/2018
The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 16-12 at No. 14 Virginia Tech on Saturday...
No. 12 Virginia Closes Regular Season at No. 14 Virginia Tech
W. Lacrosse | 4/20/2018
The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will close its regular season at No. 14 Virginia ...
No. 12 Virginia Falls 15-10 to No. 4 JMU
W. Lacrosse | 4/18/2018
The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 15-10 to No. 4 James Madison on Wednesday...
No. 12 Virginia Hosts No. 4 JMU Wednesday
W. Lacrosse | 4/17/2018
The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts its final regular season home game against ...
No. 11 Virginia Uses Big Second Half to Top Louisville 18-10
W. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
Junior Angie Loynaz scored a career-high six points to lead Cavaliers to an 18-10 win over...
No. 11 Virginia Returns to ACC Play at Louisville
W. Lacrosse | 4/13/2018
The No. 11 Virginia women’s lacrosse team is back in ACC action at Louisville on Saturday...
No. 11 Virginia Falls 16-13 to No. 13 Navy
W. Lacrosse | 04/11/2018
The No. 11 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-6) fell 16-13 at No. 13 Navy (10-3) on...
No. 11 Virginia Plays at No. 13 Navy Wednesday
W. Lacrosse | 04/10/2018
The No. 11 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-5) takes on No. 13 Navy (9-3) on Wednesday,...
- Online Stores