Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Women's Lacrosse Academic Team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Cavalier goalkeeper lauded by a vote of the conference's head coached
Cavaliers win their sixth-straight game
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Started all 21 games in goal, playing 1249 minutes
• Recorded 176 saves for a .422 save percentage
• Had 11.58 goals against average
• Recorded career-high eight ground balls against North Carolina in NCAA Tournament (5/14/17)
• Finished with multiple ground balls in 16 games
• Grabbed 10 or more saves in seven of the final nine games of the season
• Had season-high 12 saves six times
• Limited opponents to seven goals or less in five-straight games
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• VaSID All-State First Team
• ACC All-Academic Team
• Played all but nine minutes in goal
• Recorded 132 saves on the season to rank third in the ACC with 7.41 saves per game
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week three times (dates)
• Recorded 12 saves and allowed just eight goals for a .600 save percentage in the win over Northwestern (2/13)
• Had double digit saves in five games
• Recorded a season-high 15 saves at Notre Dame (3/19)
• ACC Freshman of the Year
• Inside Lacrosse National Rookie of the Week and ACC Defensive Player of the Week (March 31) after making 18 saves in the victory at Boston College
• Inside Lacrosse Co-National Rookie of the Week (March 3) after making 10 saves at Syracuse and 13 in the win at Penn State
• Played all but four minutes in goal for the Cavaliers this season
• Second in the ACC in saves per game (7.47)
• Made 142 saves with a .419 save percentage, also picking up 31 ground balls
• Posted a 12-7 record
• Five games with double-digit saves
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2014 Capital Gazette Female Athlete of the Year
• Recipient of the 2014 George Roberts Award, honoring Severna Park High's Female Athlete of the Year
• Helped lead SPHS to three state championships (2011, 12, 14)
• 2014 US Lacrosse All-American
• 2014 Coaches All-County First Team and All-Met First Team
• Also was a four-year starter in basketball, leading the team in scoring her senior season
• In basketball, 2014 Coaches All-County First Team after earning second-team honors as a junior
• Played four seasons of soccer, including serving as the starting goalkeeper her junior and senior seasons
• 2013 Coaches All-County second team in soccer
• 2014 Academic All-American
• Daughter of Keith and Tanya Vander Kolk
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Lacrosse Announces 2018 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 10/12/2017
Kasey Behr, Maggie Jackson, Daniela Kelly and Rachel Vander Kolk have been named Virginia women's...
Virginia Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team announced its fall scrimmage schedule that will feature ...
Three Cavaliers Selected in Professional Lacrosse League Draft
W. Lacrosse | 8/24/2017
Three former Virginia women’s lacrosse players were selected in the Women’s...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 7/26/2017
Katherine Rueger and Rachel Vander Kolk were named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll, while...
Four Players Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Virginia had four players named to the 2017 ACC Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores