Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke of the Second Varsity Eight that place second at the ACC Championship
• Earned the Craig Fielder Memorial Award for overcoming adversity
• ACC Top VI Award recipient
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Stroke seat of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th overall at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with V8 at the Windermere Cup
• Selected to represent Canada in the women's quad at the World Under-23 Championships
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the Third Varsity Eight that swept three races at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
• Rowed with the Novice Eight that placed third at the Rivanna Romp
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the 2013 Canadian Junior National Team
• Rowed with Canadian 4- at the 2013 World Junior Championships and placed eighth
• Selected to Team BC at 2012 Canadian National Rowing Championships
• Winner of 8+ and 4- at 2012 CanAmMex Regatta for Canada
• First place in Junior A Women's 2- at 2012 British Columbia Championships
• Third place in Under-23 Women's 2- at 2012 British Columbia Championships
• Also played volleyballl, basketball and field hockey at Claremont
• Named the Claremont Female Athlete of the Year for her grade in 2011 and 2012
• Graduated with Distinction from Claremont
• Daughter of Jill and Jamie Zwicker
• Has a younger sister, Becca
• Rowed for Victoria City Rowing Club under Albert Van Schothorst
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Sauer Elected to Rowing Hall of Fame
W. Rowing | 6/13/2017
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer has been inducted into the Pocock/Collegiate Rowing...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA All-Region 3
W. Rowing | 6/5/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA National Scholar-Athletes
W. Rowing | 6/1/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were named Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association...
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 05/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
- Online Stores