• Bow of the Varsity Eight that placed 10th at the NCAA Championships
• Bow of the Varsity Eight that won an ACC championship
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014-15 (at UCLA)
• Rowed in each of UCLA’s top two varsity eight crews during her freshman season
• Rowed bow seat in the second varsity eight in UCLA’s season-opening win over Loyola Marymount (March 14)
• Rowed bow seat in the 2V8+ at the two-day San Diego Crew Classic (March 28-29), helping the Bruins’ log a first-place finish on day one before finishing in first place in the Grand Final on day two
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in UCLA’s race against USC (April 11)
• Rowed two seat in the V8+ on day one of the Clemson Invitational (April 18)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ on day two, helping UCLA finish in second place behind top-ranked Ohio State (April 19)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in a race on Dexter Lake against Washington State and Oregon State (May 2)
• Rowed seven seat in the V8+ at Pac-12 Championships (May 17)
• Competed at St. Margaret’s College in Christchurch, New Zealand, on the rowing, basketball and cross-country teams
• As a rower for St. Margaret’s, helped lead the program to the NZ secondary school rowing championship in 2013, winning a gold medal at the Maddi Cup in the U18 J8+ (eight), 4+ (four), and 2- (pair)
• At New Zealand Nationals, won gold in the U19 4+ (four) and the senior 4-
• Also won silver in the U20 2- (pair) and the U20 4- (four)
• Named the joint runner-up of the Canterbury Secondary School’s Sportswoman of the Year award
• In 2012, guided St. Margaret’s to the NZ second school rowing championship (Maddi Cup), winning gold in the U18 8+ (eight), U17 8+ and the U17 4+ (four)
• Competed for Southern RPC (Regional Performance Centre)
• Rowed at the NZ Nationals in 2014 …
• Helped Southern RPC earn a gold medal finish in the 2014 U22 8+ (eight) and a silver in the U20 pair also rowed to a fourth-place finish in the U22 pair
• Full name: Alice Louise Darry
• Born in New Zealand and was raised in Christchurch
• Alice is the oldest of Hunter and Katrina Darry’s four children
• Has two younger brothers, Tom and Sam, and one younger sister, Charlotte.
1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.Tyson Finds Perfect Fit at UVAWomen's Squash1/18/18Annie Tyson, who also starred in lacrosse in high school, is one of the leaders of the UVA women's squash team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/02/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
- Online Stores