• Bow of the Varsity Eight that placed 10th at the NCAA Championships
• Bow of the Varsity Eight that won an ACC championship
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014-15 (at UCLA)
• Rowed in each of UCLA’s top two varsity eight crews during her freshman season
• Rowed bow seat in the second varsity eight in UCLA’s season-opening win over Loyola Marymount (March 14)
• Rowed bow seat in the 2V8+ at the two-day San Diego Crew Classic (March 28-29), helping the Bruins’ log a first-place finish on day one before finishing in first place in the Grand Final on day two
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in UCLA’s race against USC (April 11)
• Rowed two seat in the V8+ on day one of the Clemson Invitational (April 18)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ on day two, helping UCLA finish in second place behind top-ranked Ohio State (April 19)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in a race on Dexter Lake against Washington State and Oregon State (May 2)
• Rowed seven seat in the V8+ at Pac-12 Championships (May 17)
• Competed at St. Margaret’s College in Christchurch, New Zealand, on the rowing, basketball and cross-country teams
• As a rower for St. Margaret’s, helped lead the program to the NZ secondary school rowing championship in 2013, winning a gold medal at the Maddi Cup in the U18 J8+ (eight), 4+ (four), and 2- (pair)
• At New Zealand Nationals, won gold in the U19 4+ (four) and the senior 4-
• Also won silver in the U20 2- (pair) and the U20 4- (four)
• Named the joint runner-up of the Canterbury Secondary School’s Sportswoman of the Year award
• In 2012, guided St. Margaret’s to the NZ second school rowing championship (Maddi Cup), winning gold in the U18 8+ (eight), U17 8+ and the U17 4+ (four)
• Competed for Southern RPC (Regional Performance Centre)
• Rowed at the NZ Nationals in 2014 …
• Helped Southern RPC earn a gold medal finish in the 2014 U22 8+ (eight) and a silver in the U20 pair also rowed to a fourth-place finish in the U22 pair
• Full name: Alice Louise Darry
• Born in New Zealand and was raised in Christchurch
• Alice is the oldest of Hunter and Katrina Darry’s four children
• Has two younger brothers, Tom and Sam, and one younger sister, Charlotte.
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/2/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Bolster Novice Program
W. Rowing | 9/26/2017
Assistant coach Erin Neppel, who joined Kevin Sauer's staff in July, has been charged with...
Former Cavaliers to Compete at World Championships
W. Rowing | 9/21/2017
Five former University of Virginia rowers will compete at the 2017 World Rowing Championships...
Virginia Rowing Announces Co-Captains
W. Rowing | 9/20/2017
Seniors Ali Zwicker and Anna Fairs have been named co-captains for the 2017-18 Virginia rowing...
UVA Rowing to Compete in Three Fall Regattas
W. Rowing | 09/12/2017
he Cavaliers travel to The Head of The Charles on Sunday, Oct. 22 and Princeton Chase on Sunday, ...
Jeff White: New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' Fold
W. Rowing | 08/18/2017
Virginia heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant...
- Online Stores