• Bow of the Varsity Eight that placed 10th at the NCAA Championships
• Bow of the Varsity Eight that won an ACC championship
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014-15 (at UCLA)
• Rowed in each of UCLA’s top two varsity eight crews during her freshman season
• Rowed bow seat in the second varsity eight in UCLA’s season-opening win over Loyola Marymount (March 14)
• Rowed bow seat in the 2V8+ at the two-day San Diego Crew Classic (March 28-29), helping the Bruins’ log a first-place finish on day one before finishing in first place in the Grand Final on day two
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in UCLA’s race against USC (April 11)
• Rowed two seat in the V8+ on day one of the Clemson Invitational (April 18)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ on day two, helping UCLA finish in second place behind top-ranked Ohio State (April 19)
• Rowed bow seat in the V8+ in a race on Dexter Lake against Washington State and Oregon State (May 2)
• Rowed seven seat in the V8+ at Pac-12 Championships (May 17)
• Competed at St. Margaret’s College in Christchurch, New Zealand, on the rowing, basketball and cross-country teams
• As a rower for St. Margaret’s, helped lead the program to the NZ secondary school rowing championship in 2013, winning a gold medal at the Maddi Cup in the U18 J8+ (eight), 4+ (four), and 2- (pair)
• At New Zealand Nationals, won gold in the U19 4+ (four) and the senior 4-
• Also won silver in the U20 2- (pair) and the U20 4- (four)
• Named the joint runner-up of the Canterbury Secondary School’s Sportswoman of the Year award
• In 2012, guided St. Margaret’s to the NZ second school rowing championship (Maddi Cup), winning gold in the U18 8+ (eight), U17 8+ and the U17 4+ (four)
• Competed for Southern RPC (Regional Performance Centre)
• Rowed at the NZ Nationals in 2014 …
• Helped Southern RPC earn a gold medal finish in the 2014 U22 8+ (eight) and a silver in the U20 pair also rowed to a fourth-place finish in the U22 pair
• Full name: Alice Louise Darry
• Born in New Zealand and was raised in Christchurch
• Alice is the oldest of Hunter and Katrina Darry’s four children
• Has two younger brothers, Tom and Sam, and one younger sister, Charlotte.
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 4/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
No. 9 UVA Hosts No. 10 Princeton Saturday at Lake Monticello
W. Rowing | 4/20/2018
No. 9 Virginia hosts No. 10 Princeton in its lone home regatta on Saturday, April 21 at Lake...
Two Cavaliers Named to USRowing U23 National Team Camp
W. Rowing | 4/19/2018
Coxswain Izzi Weiss and Isabella Strickler have been named to the 2018 USRowing Under-23 National...
UVA's Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 4/17/2018
Virginia’s Second Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/14/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team placed second overall at the two-day Clemson Invitational on...
No. 9 UVA Rowers Compete at Clemson Invite on April 13-14
W. Rowing | 4/13/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team returns to action at the Clemson Invitational on Friday-Saturday (...
No. 9 UVA Wins Three Races in Columbus
W. Rowing | 03/31/2018
No. 9 Virginia captured three wins against No. 5 Michigan, No. 6 Ohio State and No. 18 Michigan...
No. 9 UVA Races at No. 6 Ohio State Saturday
W. Rowing | 03/30/2018
No. 9 Virginia races against No. 5 Michigan and No. 6 Ohio State Saturday (March 31) on the...
- Online Stores