Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 5/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 5/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
Jeff White: Resilience Marks Zwicker Comeback
W. Rowing | 5/8/2018
Graduate student Ali Zwicker, one of Virginia's captains, has fully recovered from the stroke she...
UVA’s Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 5/1/2018
The honor marks the second time UVA’s 2V8 has been named the ACC Crew of the Week in the...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Longhorn Invite
W. Rowing | 4/28/2018
No. 3 Texas won the event followed by No. 9 Virginia, No. 8 Iowa, Oregon State, No. 18 Oklahoma, ...
No. 9 Cavaliers Return to Action at Longhorn Invite
W. Rowing | 04/27/2018
UVA will have four crews (Varsity Eight, Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight and Second Varsity...
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 04/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
- Online Stores