Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/02/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
- Online Stores