Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA’s Varsity Four Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 3/20/2018
Virginia’s Varsity Four was named the inaugural 2018 ACC Crew of the Week Tuesday (March 20...
UVA Completes Racing Action at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/18/2018
The Virginia rowing team completed racing action at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational Sunday (M...
UVA Wins 10 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/17/2018
The Virginia rowing team won 10 of 12 races to open the 2018 season at the Oak Ridge Cardinal...
Cavaliers Open Spring Season at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/16/2018
The Virginia rowing team opens the 2018 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 17-18) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2018 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/23/2018
The eight-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in six regattas,...
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/01/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
- Online Stores