Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships`
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 5/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
2017 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/16/2017
No. 11 Virginia is one of 22 schools selected for the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championship, the NCAA...
UVA Earns Eighth Straight ACC Rowing Championship
W. Rowing | 05/14/2017
No. 11 Virginia won four of five races to claim its eighth consecutive ACC Rowing championship...
No. 11 UVA Aims for Eighth Straight ACC Title on Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/12/2017
No. 11 Virginia seeks its eighth consecutive ACC title as the Cavaliers compete at the 18th...
- Online Stores