Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers win 14 of 15 races this weekend
Cavaliers post wins against top competition
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Rowed with the 3V4 at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge at Ohio State
• Rowed in a 3V4 boat vs. No. 6 Yale
• Member of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Four
• Rowed with the 2V4 at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Bow seat of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Part of the 2V8 that defeated Oregon State at the Pac-12 Challenge
• Rowed with the Second Varsity Four that finished 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the 2012 USRowing Junior National Team Selection Camp
• Member of 2012 USRowing High Performance Development Team that raced in Germany
• 12th in the V4x at 2012 Youth Nationals
• 19th in the Varsity 2x at the 2012 Head of the Charles
• Second place in the Varsity Four at the 2013 Youth Nationals
• Earned the Rome Ventura Award (for leadership in rowing)
• Daughter of Kathy and Bradford Bateman
• Has an older sister, Erin
• Rowed for Holy Names Academy Crew under Alex Twist and Caitlin McClain
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavalier Rowers Named to Olympic Rosters
W. Rowing | 7/5/2016
Former UVA rowers Grainger, Janssen, Roper, Miller (2011) and UVA two-sport athlete Meghan O̵...
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
- Online Stores