Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed 10th at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won an ACC championship
• Named to the All-ACC first team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Named to the CRCA All-America second team
• CRCA All-Region first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Rowed with ACC Champion 2V8
• Was in 2V8 all season long
• Part of 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• 2012 and 2013 NWIRA junior women's single champion
• 16th in Jr. Women's double at Head of the Charles
• 2013 NWIRA junior and open women's double champion
• Also competed in track and field, volleyball and nordic skiing at Orono High School
• 2013 Wright County All-Conference Champion in the discus and shot put
• 2012 All-Twin Cities Ski Conference selection
• Daughter of Cynthia and Brigham Briggs
• Has one older sister, Kelly, and five younger sisters, Emily, Claire, Mary, Audrey and Ailene
• Father, Brigham, played football for Air Force from 1985-86
• Uncle, Paul Briggs, played basketball for Brigham Young from 1989-1991
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/2/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Bolster Novice Program
W. Rowing | 9/26/2017
Assistant coach Erin Neppel, who joined Kevin Sauer's staff in July, has been charged with...
Former Cavaliers to Compete at World Championships
W. Rowing | 9/21/2017
Five former University of Virginia rowers will compete at the 2017 World Rowing Championships...
Virginia Rowing Announces Co-Captains
W. Rowing | 9/20/2017
Seniors Ali Zwicker and Anna Fairs have been named co-captains for the 2017-18 Virginia rowing...
UVA Rowing to Compete in Three Fall Regattas
W. Rowing | 09/12/2017
he Cavaliers travel to The Head of The Charles on Sunday, Oct. 22 and Princeton Chase on Sunday, ...
Jeff White: New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' Fold
W. Rowing | 08/18/2017
Virginia heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant...
- Online Stores