Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
• Named to the CRCA All-America second team
• CRCA All-Region first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Rowed with ACC Champion 2V8
• Was in 2V8 all season long
• Part of 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• 2012 and 2013 NWIRA junior women's single champion
• 16th in Jr. Women's double at Head of the Charles
• 2013 NWIRA junior and open women's double champion
• Also competed in track and field, volleyball and nordic skiing at Orono High School
• 2013 Wright County All-Conference Champion in the discus and shot put
• 2012 All-Twin Cities Ski Conference selection
• Daughter of Cynthia and Brigham Briggs
• Has one older sister, Kelly, and five younger sisters, Emily, Claire, Mary, Audrey and Ailene
• Father, Brigham, played football for Air Force from 1985-86
• Uncle, Paul Briggs, played basketball for Brigham Young from 1989-1991
Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
V8 Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 09/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
- Online Stores