Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Part of Second Varsity Eight at the NCAA Championships that placed 12th overall
• Member of the ACC Third Varsity Eight
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Member of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that won the petite final to finish seventh overall at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with 2V8 all season
• Selected to the USRowing Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fifth at NCAAs
• Named the Thomas Temple Allan Rookie of the Year at the team's end-of-the-year banquet
• Part of the 2V8 that won the ACC title and Eastern Sprints
• Member of 2V8 that placed third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Part of Varsity Four that was highest collegiate Championship Four at Head of the Charles (2nd overall)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for Phillips Academy Andover and Boston Rowing Club
• Placed third at the 2011 New England Championships in the Varsity Eight
• Won the Royal Canadian Henley in Women's U23 Quad in 2010
• Played field hockey and ice hockey, swam and ran cross country at Phillips Academy Andover
• Parents are Kathleen and David Fanikos
• Has two brothers, Peter and Jack
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
V8 Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 09/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 08/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
- Online Stores