Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Part of Second Varsity Eight at the NCAA Championships that placed 12th overall
• Member of the ACC Third Varsity Eight
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Member of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that won the petite final to finish seventh overall at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with 2V8 all season
• Selected to the USRowing Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fifth at NCAAs
• Named the Thomas Temple Allan Rookie of the Year at the team's end-of-the-year banquet
• Part of the 2V8 that won the ACC title and Eastern Sprints
• Member of 2V8 that placed third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Part of Varsity Four that was highest collegiate Championship Four at Head of the Charles (2nd overall)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for Phillips Academy Andover and Boston Rowing Club
• Placed third at the 2011 New England Championships in the Varsity Eight
• Won the Royal Canadian Henley in Women's U23 Quad in 2010
• Played field hockey and ice hockey, swam and ran cross country at Phillips Academy Andover
• Parents are Kathleen and David Fanikos
• Has two brothers, Peter and Jack
Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.'Hoos Hoping For Another Boost From ThompsonMen's Basketball3/18/17In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in Virginia's win over UNCW in the NCAA tournament's first round.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Three Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team won three of six races on day two of the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational...
UVA Wins 11 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/11/2017
The Virginia rowing team won 11 of 12 races to open the 2017 season at Oak Ridge Cardinal...
UVA Opens Spring Season at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/10/2017
The UVA rowing team opens the 2017 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 11-12) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
- Online Stores