Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Part of Second Varsity Eight at the NCAA Championships that placed 12th overall
• Member of the ACC Third Varsity Eight
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Member of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that won the petite final to finish seventh overall at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with 2V8 all season
• Selected to the USRowing Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fifth at NCAAs
• Named the Thomas Temple Allan Rookie of the Year at the team's end-of-the-year banquet
• Part of the 2V8 that won the ACC title and Eastern Sprints
• Member of 2V8 that placed third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Part of Varsity Four that was highest collegiate Championship Four at Head of the Charles (2nd overall)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for Phillips Academy Andover and Boston Rowing Club
• Placed third at the 2011 New England Championships in the Varsity Eight
• Won the Royal Canadian Henley in Women's U23 Quad in 2010
• Played field hockey and ice hockey, swam and ran cross country at Phillips Academy Andover
• Parents are Kathleen and David Fanikos
• Has two brothers, Peter and Jack
'Hoos Have Plenty in Reserve at JPJMen's Basketball11/26/15No. 12 Virginia received 30 points from its reserves in an 80-54 win over Lehigh on Wednesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/15At noon Saturday, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) closes the season against Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Hit Their Stride In CharlestonMen's Basketball11/23/15In winning the Charleston (S.C.) Classic, the Virginia men's basketball team posted an average margin of victory of 25.7 points.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2016 Schedule
W. Rowing | 11/17/2015
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer announced the Cavaliers' 2015 schedule on Tuesday (Nov. 17...
Virginia Wins Two Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/15/2015
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/13/2015
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2015 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 15) by hosting ...
Virginia Wins Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 11/1/2015
The Virginia rowing team captured the Princeton Chase on Sunday (Nov. 1) on Lake Carnegie. The...
Cavaliers Race at Princeton Chase on Sunday
W. Rowing | 10/30/2015
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
Varsity Four Places Second Among Collegiate Boats at Head of...
W. Rowing | 10/18/2015
The Virginia rowing Varsity Four finished second among collegiate boats in the Championship Fours...
Virginia Begins Fall Season at the Head of The Charles on...
W. Rowing | 10/16/2015
The Virginia rowing team opens its fall season at the world’s largest regatta, the Head of ...
Casto and Dikkers Named Co-Captains For Virginia Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/01/2015
Seniors Sam Casto (Dallas, Texas) and Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) have been named co-captains...
- Online Stores