Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Part of Second Varsity Eight at the NCAA Championships that placed 12th overall
• Member of the ACC Third Varsity Eight
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Member of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that won the petite final to finish seventh overall at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with 2V8 all season
• Selected to the USRowing Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fifth at NCAAs
• Named the Thomas Temple Allan Rookie of the Year at the team's end-of-the-year banquet
• Part of the 2V8 that won the ACC title and Eastern Sprints
• Member of 2V8 that placed third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Part of Varsity Four that was highest collegiate Championship Four at Head of the Charles (2nd overall)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for Phillips Academy Andover and Boston Rowing Club
• Placed third at the 2011 New England Championships in the Varsity Eight
• Won the Royal Canadian Henley in Women's U23 Quad in 2010
• Played field hockey and ice hockey, swam and ran cross country at Phillips Academy Andover
• Parents are Kathleen and David Fanikos
• Has two brothers, Peter and Jack
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/2/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Bolster Novice Program
W. Rowing | 9/26/2017
Assistant coach Erin Neppel, who joined Kevin Sauer's staff in July, has been charged with...
Former Cavaliers to Compete at World Championships
W. Rowing | 9/21/2017
Five former University of Virginia rowers will compete at the 2017 World Rowing Championships...
Virginia Rowing Announces Co-Captains
W. Rowing | 9/20/2017
Seniors Ali Zwicker and Anna Fairs have been named co-captains for the 2017-18 Virginia rowing...
UVA Rowing to Compete in Three Fall Regattas
W. Rowing | 9/12/2017
he Cavaliers travel to The Head of The Charles on Sunday, Oct. 22 and Princeton Chase on Sunday, ...
Jeff White: New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' Fold
W. Rowing | 08/18/2017
Virginia heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant...
Neppel Named Assistant Coach for UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 07/24/2017
Neppel arrives in Charlottesville after serving as the interim head coach at Canisius College...
- Online Stores