• Rowed for Oakland Strokes Rowing Club as a novice under head coach Beth Anderson from 2016-17
• Was a nationally-ranked and highly-accomplished cross country and track runner at Athenian International High School
• An injury ended her running career, forcing her out of all sports during her junior year of high school
• First cross country female runner in conference history to go undefeated and win individual conference title
• Led her cross country team to first-ever conference title for two consecutive years
• Holds multiple, league, school and cross country course records
• Two-time undefeated cross country league champion
• First Team selection Northern California BCL East, and North Coast Section.
• Two-time 1600 meter league track champion
• Was a first-team member of the Northern California BCL East and North Coast Section
• Holds 400 meter, 800 meter, 1600 meter and 4x400 meter high school track records
• Placed first in the Women's Novice 4 USRowing Southwest Youth National Championships
• Placed second in the Women's Novice 8 USRowing Southwest Youth National Championships
• Ran varsity cross country and track & field at The Athenian School
• Two time Division 5 Bay Area Conference 1st Team All-League and Conference
• Placed 8th at CIF State Cross Country Championships Divison 5
• Daughter of Kathryn and Gregory Brown
• Mother played Division I Volleyball and was a member of the United States Womens' National Team
• Has one younger brother, Drake
• Four-time recipient of The National Presidential Service Gold Achievement Award
• Contributing writer and editor of school newspaper
• California Interscholastic Foundation Track and Cross Country Scholar Athlete
• Northern California North Coast Section Student Scholar-Athlete
• Founder and president of philanthropy club
• Founder and president of TURN, Film and Speakers Institute
• Global Round Sqaure International Ambassador for Athenian High School
• Keynote speaker at High Schools Entrepreneurship Symposium, AAUW and Animal Rescue Foundation
• Nominated by her high school as a Jefferson’s Scholar
• Selected to the Dean’s List and was a member of the Honors Society
• In 2010, started her own nonprofit business The Turquoise Bone, which is a socially conscience foundation where she bakes organic dogs treats from original recipes and markets, distributes and sells her products
• All proceeds from The Turquoise Bone are donated to sponsor clinics and free sterilization surgeries for lower income families in order to address over population issues and try to reduce the amount of canines euthanized yearly
• Loves to bake, travel, ski, ride motorcycles, and be with her best friend, her dog, Rad
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Completes Racing Action at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/18/2018
The Virginia rowing team completed racing action at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational Sunday (M...
UVA Wins 10 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/17/2018
The Virginia rowing team won 10 of 12 races to open the 2018 season at the Oak Ridge Cardinal...
Cavaliers Open Spring Season at Oak Ridge Invite
W. Rowing | 3/16/2018
The Virginia rowing team opens the 2018 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 17-18) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2018 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/23/2018
The eight-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in six regattas,...
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/01/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
- Online Stores