• Rowed for Oakland Strokes Rowing Club as a novice under head coach Beth Anderson from 2016-17
• Was a nationally-ranked and highly-accomplished cross country and track runner at Athenian International High School
• An injury ended her running career, forcing her out of all sports during her junior year of high school
• First cross country female runner in conference history to go undefeated and win individual conference title
• Led her cross country team to first-ever conference title for two consecutive years
• Holds multiple, league, school and cross country course records
• Two-time undefeated cross country league champion
• First Team selection Northern California BCL East, and North Coast Section.
• Two-time 1600 meter league track champion
• Was a first-team member of the Northern California BCL East and North Coast Section
• Holds 400 meter, 800 meter, 1600 meter and 4x400 meter high school track records
• Placed first in the Women's Novice 4 USRowing Southwest Youth National Championships
• Placed second in the Women's Novice 8 USRowing Southwest Youth National Championships
• Ran varsity cross country and track & field at The Athenian School
• Two time Division 5 Bay Area Conference 1st Team All-League and Conference
• Placed 8th at CIF State Cross Country Championships Divison 5
• Daughter of Kathryn and Gregory Brown
• Mother played Division I Volleyball and was a member of the United States Womens' National Team
• Has one younger brother, Drake
• Four-time recipient of The National Presidential Service Gold Achievement Award
• Contributing writer and editor of school newspaper
• California Interscholastic Foundation Track and Cross Country Scholar Athlete
• Northern California North Coast Section Student Scholar-Athlete
• Founder and president of philanthropy club
• Founder and president of TURN, Film and Speakers Institute
• Global Round Sqaure International Ambassador for Athenian High School
• Keynote speaker at High Schools Entrepreneurship Symposium, AAUW and Animal Rescue Foundation
• Nominated by her high school as a Jefferson’s Scholar
• Selected to the Dean’s List and was a member of the Honors Society
• In 2010, started her own nonprofit business The Turquoise Bone, which is a socially conscience foundation where she bakes organic dogs treats from original recipes and markets, distributes and sells her products
• All proceeds from The Turquoise Bone are donated to sponsor clinics and free sterilization surgeries for lower income families in order to address over population issues and try to reduce the amount of canines euthanized yearly
• Loves to bake, travel, ski, ride motorcycles, and be with her best friend, her dog, Rad
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/02/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
- Online Stores