Cavaliers win six of seven races in afternoon session
Cavaliers sweep all four races and awards
Finals begin at 8 a.m. Saturday
Cavaliers' next regatta is ACC Championships May 16-17 in Clemson, S.C.
Cavaliers' Varsity Four wins two races against top-10 competition
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• Rowed with the Fourth Varsity Four at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Four
• Stroke seat of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Four that placed 11th at the Head of the Charles
• Stroke seat of Varsity Four that placed fourth at NCAAs
• Also in stroke seat for ACC Champion V4
• Bow seat of V4 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Stroke seat of V4 that finished fourth at Head of the Charles
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Member of the Novice Eight that completed an undefeated spring season
• Part of the Novice Eight that won the Eastern Sprints
• Competed at the UVa and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Named ﬁrst team All-Met for womenʼs rowing June 2011
• Rowed with 2011 Junior National Team, High Performance Sculling 4x that trained in Berlin, Germany
• Has completed both the Marine Corps Marathon and the Richmond Marathon
• Has two brothers, John and James, and two sisters, Helena and Sarah
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the battle for the Commonwealth Cup, UVA (6-5, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium. ESPN will televise the game.Littlepage Ready to Start Next ChapterGeneral Release11/24/17During Craig Littlepage's 16 years as athletics director, UVA teams have won 13 NCAA championships and 76 ACC titles.Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/02/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
- Online Stores