Cavaliers win six of seven races in afternoon session
Cavaliers sweep all four races and awards
Finals begin at 8 a.m. Saturday
Cavaliers' next regatta is ACC Championships May 16-17 in Clemson, S.C.
Cavaliers' Varsity Four wins two races against top-10 competition
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• Rowed with the Fourth Varsity Four at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Four
• Stroke seat of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Four that placed 11th at the Head of the Charles
• Stroke seat of Varsity Four that placed fourth at NCAAs
• Also in stroke seat for ACC Champion V4
• Bow seat of V4 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Stroke seat of V4 that finished fourth at Head of the Charles
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Member of the Novice Eight that completed an undefeated spring season
• Part of the Novice Eight that won the Eastern Sprints
• Competed at the UVa and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Named ﬁrst team All-Met for womenʼs rowing June 2011
• Rowed with 2011 Junior National Team, High Performance Sculling 4x that trained in Berlin, Germany
• Has completed both the Marine Corps Marathon and the Richmond Marathon
• Has two brothers, John and James, and two sisters, Helena and Sarah
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships`
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 5/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
2017 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/16/2017
No. 11 Virginia is one of 22 schools selected for the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championship, the NCAA...
UVA Earns Eighth Straight ACC Rowing Championship
W. Rowing | 05/14/2017
No. 11 Virginia won four of five races to claim its eighth consecutive ACC Rowing championship...
No. 11 UVA Aims for Eighth Straight ACC Title on Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/12/2017
No. 11 Virginia seeks its eighth consecutive ACC title as the Cavaliers compete at the 18th...
- Online Stores