Cavaliers win six of seven races in afternoon session
Cavaliers sweep all four races and awards
Finals begin at 8 a.m. Saturday
Cavaliers' next regatta is ACC Championships May 16-17 in Clemson, S.C.
Cavaliers' Varsity Four wins two races against top-10 competition
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• Rowed with the Fourth Varsity Four at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Four
• Stroke seat of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Four that placed 11th at the Head of the Charles
• Stroke seat of Varsity Four that placed fourth at NCAAs
• Also in stroke seat for ACC Champion V4
• Bow seat of V4 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Stroke seat of V4 that finished fourth at Head of the Charles
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Member of the Novice Eight that completed an undefeated spring season
• Part of the Novice Eight that won the Eastern Sprints
• Competed at the UVa and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Named ﬁrst team All-Met for womenʼs rowing June 2011
• Rowed with 2011 Junior National Team, High Performance Sculling 4x that trained in Berlin, Germany
• Has completed both the Marine Corps Marathon and the Richmond Marathon
• Has two brothers, John and James, and two sisters, Helena and Sarah
'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.Barir Finds Niche in Second YearMen's Soccer9/21/16Daniel Barir, a sophomore from Denmark, has a team-high three assists for No. 16 Virginia, which plays Saturday night at No. 13 Louisville.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 8/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
Rowing Names Pritzker and O'Brien as Assistant Coaches
W. Rowing | 8/16/2016
UVA Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Financial Officer Steve Pritzker and former UVA...
Janssen Earns Silver in Dutch Quad at Rio Olympics
W. Rowing | 8/11/2016
Former Virginia rowing standout Inge Janssen earned a silver medal in the women’s quadruple...
Cavalier Rowing Olympic Update
W. Rowing | 8/6/2016
Follow the results of the University of Virginia rowers at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Cavalier Olympic Central
W. Rowing | 8/6/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Six Cavaliers To Compete at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 8/5/2016
Six UVA rowers will compete at the 2016 World Rowing Championships on Aug. 21-28 at the Willem-Al...
Sauer Realizes Olympic Dream in Rio
W. Rowing | 08/01/2016
Sauer’s Olympic dream will be realized after 40 years when he coaches at the 2016 Olympic...
Former Cavalier Rowers Named to Olympic Rosters
W. Rowing | 07/05/2016
Former UVA rowers Grainger, Janssen, Roper, Miller (2011) and UVA two-sport athlete Meghan O̵...
- Online Stores