Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Hall's NBA Stock RisingMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.Master Plan Offers Transformational BlueprintGeneral Release6/8/18A proposed master plan for the athletics precinct on North Grounds was presented Thursday to the Board of Visitors' Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Four Cavaliers Earn CRCA National Scholar-Athlete Honors
W. Rowing | 6/11/2018
Adi Hendlin, Jane Hudson, Sophie Pennoyer and Lizzie Trull were honored as CRCA National Scholar-...
Five Cavaliers Named to CRCA All-Conference Team
W. Rowing | 6/10/2018
Jane Hudson, Heidi Long, Morgan Rosts, Ellie Stewart and Izzi Weiss represented the Cavaliers on ...
UVA Places Fifth at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/26/2018
Virginia's Second Varsity Eight rowed to a third-place finish as the No. 7 Cavaliers finished...
No. 7 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/25/2018
No. 7 UVA advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 7 UVA Begins NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/23/2018
No. 7 Virginia will compete in the 2018 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 25-27) at...
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 05/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
- Online Stores