Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Cunningham Thriving With Super Bowl ChampsFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2018 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/23/2018
The eight-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in six regattas,...
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
- Online Stores