Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 4/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
No. 9 UVA Hosts No. 10 Princeton Saturday at Lake Monticello
W. Rowing | 4/20/2018
No. 9 Virginia hosts No. 10 Princeton in its lone home regatta on Saturday, April 21 at Lake...
Two Cavaliers Named to USRowing U23 National Team Camp
W. Rowing | 4/19/2018
Coxswain Izzi Weiss and Isabella Strickler have been named to the 2018 USRowing Under-23 National...
UVA's Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 4/17/2018
Virginia’s Second Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/14/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team placed second overall at the two-day Clemson Invitational on...
No. 9 UVA Rowers Compete at Clemson Invite on April 13-14
W. Rowing | 4/13/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team returns to action at the Clemson Invitational on Friday-Saturday (...
No. 9 UVA Wins Three Races in Columbus
W. Rowing | 03/31/2018
No. 9 Virginia captured three wins against No. 5 Michigan, No. 6 Ohio State and No. 18 Michigan...
No. 9 UVA Races at No. 6 Ohio State Saturday
W. Rowing | 03/30/2018
No. 9 Virginia races against No. 5 Michigan and No. 6 Ohio State Saturday (March 31) on the...
- Online Stores