Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
Short-Handed Cavaliers' Struggles ContinueWomen's Basketball2/8/16Since losing All-ACC guard Faith Randolph, the Virginia women's basketball team has lost six of eight games. UVA hosts Syracuse on Thursday night.Selflessness Fuels Cavaliers' Latest TriumphMen's Basketball2/6/16Ninth-ranked Virginia totaled 17 assists in its 64-50 win over ACC rival Pittsburgh at the sold-out Petersen Events Center on Saturday afternoon.'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2016 Schedule
W. Rowing | 11/17/2015
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer announced the Cavaliers' 2015 schedule on Tuesday (Nov. 17...
Virginia Wins Two Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/15/2015
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/13/2015
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2015 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 15) by hosting ...
Virginia Wins Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 11/1/2015
The Virginia rowing team captured the Princeton Chase on Sunday (Nov. 1) on Lake Carnegie. The...
Cavaliers Race at Princeton Chase on Sunday
W. Rowing | 10/30/2015
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
Varsity Four Places Second Among Collegiate Boats at Head of...
W. Rowing | 10/18/2015
The Virginia rowing Varsity Four finished second among collegiate boats in the Championship Fours...
Virginia Begins Fall Season at the Head of The Charles on...
W. Rowing | 10/16/2015
The Virginia rowing team opens its fall season at the world’s largest regatta, the Head of ...
Casto and Dikkers Named Co-Captains For Virginia Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/01/2015
Seniors Sam Casto (Dallas, Texas) and Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) have been named co-captains...
- Online Stores