Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Second-Team CRCA All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC Team member
• Part of the Varsity Eight that earned third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat at the Head of the Charles
• CRCA All-South Region Second Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that finished as the top collegiate boat (fourth overall) at the Head of the Charles
• Member of Varsity Eight that finished fourth at NCAAs
• Split time between V8 and 2V8 in spring
• Part of 2V8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• In bow seat for V8 that finished third at Head of the Charles and was top collegiate boat
• Member of Varsity Eight that won NCAA and ACC Championships
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that finished third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SRAA National Championship squads
• Placed third at the 2010 youth nationals
• Member of the US Junior National squad that competed at 2010 Junior World Championships, placing seventh in the pairs
• Part of the Midwest Championship teams from 2008-11
• Holds the New Trier school record in the 2K and 6K
• Honored as a scholar-athlete all four years
• Mother is Kim Benton
• Has a brother, Colby
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
V8 Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 09/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 08/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
- Online Stores