Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Member of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Part of the 2V8 that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• NCAA Champion in the Varsity Four
• ACC Champion in the V4
• Member of the V4 all spring
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Part of the V4 that defeated Stanford, Oregon State and USC at the Pac-12 Challenge
• Member of the 2V4 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Winner in 2- at 2013 Midwest Junior Rowing Championships
• Runner-up in 1x at 2013 MJRC
• Sixth in 2- and 1x at 2013 USRowing Youth Nationals
• 2012 U.S. Junior National Team selection camp member
• Third place in intermediate 2x at 2012 USRowing Club Nationals
• Sixth in 2- at 2012 USRowing Youth Nationals
• Winner in 2- at 2012 Midwest Junior Rowing Championship
• Eighth in 2- at 2011 USRowing Youth Nationals
• Daughter of Megan and Vince Brennan
• Has two older brothers, Vince and Dan, and a younger sister, Margaret
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 3 UVA Begins NCAA Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
- Online Stores