Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that place second at the ACC Championship
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• NCAA Champion in the Varsity Four
• ACC Champion in the V4
• Member of the V4 all spring
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Part of the V4 that defeated Stanford, Oregon State and USC at the Pac-12 Challenge
• Member of the 2V4 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Winner in 2- at 2013 Midwest Junior Rowing Championships
• Runner-up in 1x at 2013 MJRC
• Sixth in 2- and 1x at 2013 USRowing Youth Nationals
• 2012 U.S. Junior National Team selection camp member
• Third place in intermediate 2x at 2012 USRowing Club Nationals
• Sixth in 2- at 2012 USRowing Youth Nationals
• Winner in 2- at 2012 Midwest Junior Rowing Championship
• Eighth in 2- at 2011 USRowing Youth Nationals
• Daughter of Megan and Vince Brennan
• Has two older brothers, Vince and Dan, and a younger sister, Margaret
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Four Cavaliers Earn CRCA National Scholar-Athlete Honors
W. Rowing | 6/11/2018
Adi Hendlin, Jane Hudson, Sophie Pennoyer and Lizzie Trull were honored as CRCA National Scholar-...
Five Cavaliers Named to CRCA All-Conference Team
W. Rowing | 6/10/2018
Jane Hudson, Heidi Long, Morgan Rosts, Ellie Stewart and Izzi Weiss represented the Cavaliers on ...
UVA Places Fifth at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/26/2018
Virginia's Second Varsity Eight rowed to a third-place finish as the No. 7 Cavaliers finished...
No. 7 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/25/2018
No. 7 UVA advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 7 UVA Begins NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/23/2018
No. 7 Virginia will compete in the 2018 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 25-27) at...
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 05/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
- Online Stores