Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th overall at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the Third Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the 3V4 that swept three races at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Bow seat of N8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed with novice boats at UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Competed in track & field, cross country, volleyball and indoor track in high school
• Parents are Jim and Minnette Reid
• Siblings are David and Carolyn Reid
• Hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, singing and art
Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Three Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team won three of six races on day two of the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational...
UVA Wins 11 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/11/2017
The Virginia rowing team won 11 of 12 races to open the 2017 season at Oak Ridge Cardinal...
UVA Opens Spring Season at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/10/2017
The UVA rowing team opens the 2017 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 11-12) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
- Online Stores