Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th overall at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the Third Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the 3V4 that swept three races at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Bow seat of N8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed with novice boats at UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Competed in track & field, cross country, volleyball and indoor track in high school
• Parents are Jim and Minnette Reid
• Siblings are David and Carolyn Reid
• Hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, singing and art
Changes Mark New Era at Scott StadiumFootball8/28/16University of Virginia football fans will notice many changes in the team's first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall.Revamped Cavaliers Ready for New SeasonMen's Soccer8/26/16Newcomers abound for the Virginia men's soccer team, which opens the season Friday night against Coastal Carolina at Klöckner Stadium.Stearns Making Mark on UniversityWomen's Soccer8/25/16A four-year starter for the Virginia women's soccer team, Morgan Stearns hold the program record for career victories by a goalkeeper.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 8/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
Rowing Names Pritzker and O'Brien as Assistant Coaches
W. Rowing | 8/16/2016
UVA Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Financial Officer Steve Pritzker and former UVA...
Janssen Earns Silver in Dutch Quad at Rio Olympics
W. Rowing | 8/11/2016
Former Virginia rowing standout Inge Janssen earned a silver medal in the women’s quadruple...
Cavalier Rowing Olympic Update
W. Rowing | 8/6/2016
Follow the results of the University of Virginia rowers at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Cavalier Olympic Central
W. Rowing | 8/6/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Six Cavaliers To Compete at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 8/5/2016
Six UVA rowers will compete at the 2016 World Rowing Championships on Aug. 21-28 at the Willem-Al...
Sauer Realizes Olympic Dream in Rio
W. Rowing | 08/01/2016
Sauer’s Olympic dream will be realized after 40 years when he coaches at the 2016 Olympic...
Former Cavalier Rowers Named to Olympic Rosters
W. Rowing | 07/05/2016
Former UVA rowers Grainger, Janssen, Roper, Miller (2011) and UVA two-sport athlete Meghan O̵...
- Online Stores