Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th overall at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the Third Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the 3V4 that swept three races at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Bow seat of N8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed with novice boats at UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Competed in track & field, cross country, volleyball and indoor track in high school
• Parents are Jim and Minnette Reid
• Siblings are David and Carolyn Reid
• Hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, singing and art
Taylor Back in Familiar SurroundingsWomen's Basketball7/1/16Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of the two new assistants on head coach Joanne Boyle's staff.Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 3 UVA Begins NCAA Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
- Online Stores