Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Part of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th overall at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the Third Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the 3V4 that swept three races at the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Bow seat of N8 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed with novice boats at UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Competed in track & field, cross country, volleyball and indoor track in high school
• Parents are Jim and Minnette Reid
• Siblings are David and Carolyn Reid
• Hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, singing and art
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships`
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 5/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
2017 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/16/2017
No. 11 Virginia is one of 22 schools selected for the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championship, the NCAA...
UVA Earns Eighth Straight ACC Rowing Championship
W. Rowing | 05/14/2017
No. 11 Virginia won four of five races to claim its eighth consecutive ACC Rowing championship...
No. 11 UVA Aims for Eighth Straight ACC Title on Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/12/2017
No. 11 Virginia seeks its eighth consecutive ACC title as the Cavaliers compete at the 18th...
- Online Stores