Cavaliers win six of seven races in afternoon session
Cavaliers place three in top four in the Varsity Eights race
Cavaliers host Rivanna Romp on Nov. 16
Cavaliers' next regatta is ACC Championships May 16-17 in Clemson, S.C.
Cavaliers win final four races of regatta
• Bow seat of the Fourth Varsity Four at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Part of the Fifth Varsity Eight that defeated Duke's 3V8 at the UVa Invitational
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Princeton
• Member of the Novice Eight that placed second at the Princeton Chase
• 2011 Florida State Champion in 2V8
• Bronze medalist in V8 at 2012 Florida State Championships
• Fourth place in 2V8 at 2010 SRAA Nationals
• 2011 Stotesbury bronze medalist in the Second Eight
• Daughter of Charon and Timothy Hannink
• Has two older brothers, Adam and Anthony Maurasse
• Cousin, Darrell Vreugdenhil, rowed for the U.S. National Team from 1973-1979
• An accomplished viola player
• Rowed for Winter Park HS for Michael Vertullo
Taylor Back in Familiar SurroundingsWomen's Basketball7/1/16Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of the two new assistants on head coach Joanne Boyle's staff.Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 3 UVA Begins NCAA Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
- Online Stores