Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
Cavaliers travel to Clemson Invitational next weekend
• Part of Second Varsity Eight at the NCAA Championships that placed 12th overall
• Member of the ACC Third Varsity Eight
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at NCAAs
• Member of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Rowed with the Third Varsity Four that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Part of the 2V8 that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that won the petite final to finish seventh overall at NCAAs
• Part of ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with 2V8 all season
• Selected to the USRowing Women's National Team Pre-Elite Camp
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fifth at NCAAs
• Named the Thomas Temple Allan Rookie of the Year at the team's end-of-the-year banquet
• Part of the 2V8 that won the ACC title and Eastern Sprints
• Member of 2V8 that placed third at San Diego Crew Classic
• Part of Varsity Four that was highest collegiate Championship Four at Head of the Charles (2nd overall)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for Phillips Academy Andover and Boston Rowing Club
• Placed third at the 2011 New England Championships in the Varsity Eight
• Won the Royal Canadian Henley in Women's U23 Quad in 2010
• Played field hockey and ice hockey, swam and ran cross country at Phillips Academy Andover
• Parents are Kathleen and David Fanikos
• Has two brothers, Peter and Jack
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 3 UVA Begins NCAA Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
- Online Stores