Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Morse Making Seamless Transition at UVAWomen's Soccer10/26/16Midfielder Zoe Morse has played the most of any freshman for No. 8 Virginia, which closes the regular season Thursday night at Louisville.Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Varsity Eight Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 9/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 8/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
Rowing Names Pritzker and O'Brien as Assistant Coaches
W. Rowing | 8/16/2016
UVA Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Financial Officer Steve Pritzker and former UVA...
Janssen Earns Silver in Dutch Quad at Rio Olympics
W. Rowing | 8/11/2016
Former Virginia rowing standout Inge Janssen earned a silver medal in the women’s quadruple...
Cavalier Rowing Olympic Update
W. Rowing | 08/06/2016
Follow the results of the University of Virginia rowers at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Cavalier Olympic Central
W. Rowing | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
- Online Stores