Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Three Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team won three of six races on day two of the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational...
UVA Wins 11 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/11/2017
The Virginia rowing team won 11 of 12 races to open the 2017 season at Oak Ridge Cardinal...
UVA Opens Spring Season at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/10/2017
The UVA rowing team opens the 2017 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 11-12) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
- Online Stores