Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Sauer Elected to Rowing Hall of Fame
W. Rowing | 6/13/2017
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer has been inducted into the Pocock/Collegiate Rowing...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA All-Region 3
W. Rowing | 6/5/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA National Scholar-Athletes
W. Rowing | 6/1/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were named Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association...
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 05/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
- Online Stores