Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Cavaliers Roll Into Exam BreakBaseball5/4/16No. 13 Virginia, which is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia Tech visits Davenport Field, has won six games in a row.Cavaliers' Margin for Error GoneMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA’s Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 5/3/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week after leading...
No. 4 Virginia Races Past No. 8 Texas
W. Rowing | 4/30/2016
The fourth-ranked Virginia rowing team swept four races against eighth-ranked Texas Saturday (Apr...
No. 4 UVA Returns to Action at No. 8 Texas Saturday
W. Rowing | 4/29/2016
The fourth-ranked Virginia rowing team returns to action on Saturday (April 30) at No. 8 Texas....
UVA’s Varsity Four Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 4/19/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Four was named the Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week after...
No. 3 Virginia Posts Four Wins at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/17/2016
The No. 3 Virginia rowing team won four of five races Sunday (April 17) to conclude action at the...
No. 3 Virginia Wins Eight Races at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/16/2016
The No. 3 Virginia rowing team won eight of 10 races on Saturday (April 16) at the Clemson...
No. 3 UVA Races at Clemson Invite This Weekend
W. Rowing | 04/15/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing team returns to action on Saturday-Sunday, April 16-17 at the...
No. 3 Virginia Sweeps Five Races Against Duke
W. Rowing | 04/09/2016
The No. 3 Virginia rowing team swept five races against ACC rival Duke Saturday morning (April 9)...
- Online Stores