Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavalier Rowers Named to Olympic Rosters
W. Rowing | 7/5/2016
Former UVA rowers Grainger, Janssen, Roper, Miller (2011) and UVA two-sport athlete Meghan O̵...
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
- Online Stores