Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Four Cavaliers Earn CRCA National Scholar-Athlete Honors
W. Rowing | 6/11/2018
Adi Hendlin, Jane Hudson, Sophie Pennoyer and Lizzie Trull were honored as CRCA National Scholar-...
Five Cavaliers Named to CRCA All-Conference Team
W. Rowing | 6/10/2018
Jane Hudson, Heidi Long, Morgan Rosts, Ellie Stewart and Izzi Weiss represented the Cavaliers on ...
UVA Places Fifth at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/26/2018
Virginia's Second Varsity Eight rowed to a third-place finish as the No. 7 Cavaliers finished...
No. 7 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/25/2018
No. 7 UVA advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 7 UVA Begins NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/23/2018
No. 7 Virginia will compete in the 2018 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 25-27) at...
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 05/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
- Online Stores