Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team member
• All-ACC First Team member
• Member of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Selected to represent the U.S. in the women's four and the women's eight at the World Under-23 Championships
• CRCA All-South Region First Team
• Member of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Part of the V8 that placed eighth at NCAAs
• Rowed with the V8 all season long
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate boat and placed fourth overall at the Head of the Charles
• Invited to the USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Part of Second Varsity Eight that won petite final and placed seventh overall at NCAAs
• Bow seat of ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Member of V8 for UVa, Clemson and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Stroke seat of 2V8 that placed 15th at Head of the Charles
• Invited to USRowing Under-23 National Team Camp
• Competed at the World Under-23 Championships for the United States, placing seventh in the women's double
• Member of the Second Varsity Four that won the petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Competed at ACCs in the exhibition fours' race
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight at the UVa Invitational and Eastern Sprints
• Competed with 2V8 at Head of the Charles
• Member of the United States Rowing Junior National Team in 2010 and 2011
• Finished in fourth place in the 4x at the 2011 Junior World Championships
• Placed fourth at 2011 US Rowing National Championships
• Finished seventh in 2- at 2010 Junior World Championships
• Won first place in the 4x at the 2011 US Rowing Youth Nationals
• Was undefeated in the 2- in 2011
• Parents are Ted and Mary Youngling
• Mother, Mary, swam at University of Georgia
• Has a sister, Katie, and a brother, Ted
• Grandfather, Theodore Youngling, was an assistant football coach at Oklahoma and Duke
Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA Tennis ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.Mihaljevic's Star Continues to RiseTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/16In junior Filip Mihaljevic, Virginia's track & field team has one of the nation's elite shot putters and discus throwers.Power Surge Contributing to Cavaliers' SuccessBaseball5/21/16Timely home runs helped No. 8 Virginia win the first two games of its series with ACC rival Virginia Tech at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Competes in NCAA Rowing Championship This Weekend
W. Rowing | 5/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
Jeff White: Long Thriving in New Surroundings
W. Rowing | 5/19/2016
Virginia rower Heidi Long, who's from England, was named the ACC freshman of the year last week.
2016 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/17/2016
No. 5 Virginia is one of 22 schools selected for the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championship, the NCAA...
UVA Claims Seventh Consecutive ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 5/14/2016
No. 5 Virginia won all five races to claim its seventh consecutive ACC Rowing championship...
No. 5 UVA Wins Five Heats at ACC Rowing Championship
W. Rowing | 5/13/2016
No. 5 Virginia won all five of its heats on the first day of the ACC Rowing Championship Friday (...
No. 5 UVA Set To Defend ACC Championship This Weekend
W. Rowing | 5/12/2016
No. 5 Virginia seeks its seventh consecutive ACC title as the Cavaliers compete at the 17th...
UVA's Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 05/03/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week after leading...
No. 4 Virginia Races Past No. 8 Texas
W. Rowing | 04/30/2016
The fourth-ranked Virginia rowing team swept four races against eighth-ranked Texas Saturday (Apr...
- Online Stores