Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• All-ACC second-team honoree
• Part of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Member of the 2V8 that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of V8 that was top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Four that finished third at NCAAs
• Rowed with the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the V4 that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• 2013 All-West Coast Conference selection for Loyola Marymount
• Two-time member of the USRowing Junior National Team
• Placed fourth in the 4x at the 2011 World Junior Championships in Eton Dorney, England
• Finished sixth in the 2x at the 2012 World Junior regatta in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
• SWJR US Rowing Champ in 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the 4x, 2x and 1x
• Rowed for Long Beach Junior Crew club
• Daughter of Patti and Vaughn Sherman
• Has one sister, Taylor
Taylor Back in Familiar SurroundingsWomen's Basketball7/1/16Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of the two new assistants on head coach Joanne Boyle's staff.Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to Olympics
W. Rowing | 6/27/2016
Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the U.S. in rowing at...
Dikkers Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/23/2016
Virginia’s Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year,...
Three Rowers Earn CRCA All-America Honors
W. Rowing | 6/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia rowing team have been named 2016 CRCA Pocock All-Americans. Sam...
Cavaliers Earn CRCA Honors
W. Rowing | 6/1/2016
Nine members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
UVA Places Third at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/29/2016
Virginia rowed to a third-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
UVA Sends Three Boats To Grand Finals at NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/28/2016
The third-ranked Virginia rowing program advanced all three boats to the grand finals during the ...
UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 05/27/2016
No. 3 Virginia advanced all three boats to the semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 3 UVA Begins NCAA Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/25/2016
No. 5 Virginia will compete in the 2016 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 27-29) on...
- Online Stores