Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• All-ACC second-team honoree
• Part of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Member of the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of V8 that was top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Four that finished third at NCAAs
• Rowed with the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the V4 that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• 2013 All-West Coast Conference selection for Loyola Marymount
• Two-time member of the USRowing Junior National Team
• Placed fourth in the 4x at the 2011 World Junior Championships in Eton Dorney, England
• Finished sixth in the 2x at the 2012 World Junior regatta in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
• SWJR US Rowing Champ in 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the 4x, 2x and 1x
• Rowed for Long Beach Junior Crew club
• Daughter of Patti and Vaughn Sherman
• Has one sister, Taylor
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Three Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team won three of six races on day two of the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational...
UVA Wins 11 of 12 Races at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/11/2017
The Virginia rowing team won 11 of 12 races to open the 2017 season at Oak Ridge Cardinal...
UVA Opens Spring Season at Oak Ridge Cardinal Invite
W. Rowing | 3/10/2017
The UVA rowing team opens the 2017 spring season on Saturday-Sunday (March 11-12) at the Oak...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
- Online Stores