Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• All-ACC second-team honoree
• Part of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Member of the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of V8 that was top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Four that finished third at NCAAs
• Rowed with the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the V4 that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• 2013 All-West Coast Conference selection for Loyola Marymount
• Two-time member of the USRowing Junior National Team
• Placed fourth in the 4x at the 2011 World Junior Championships in Eton Dorney, England
• Finished sixth in the 2x at the 2012 World Junior regatta in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
• SWJR US Rowing Champ in 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the 4x, 2x and 1x
• Rowed for Long Beach Junior Crew club
• Daughter of Patti and Vaughn Sherman
• Has one sister, Taylor
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 4/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
No. 9 UVA Hosts No. 10 Princeton Saturday at Lake Monticello
W. Rowing | 4/20/2018
No. 9 Virginia hosts No. 10 Princeton in its lone home regatta on Saturday, April 21 at Lake...
Two Cavaliers Named to USRowing U23 National Team Camp
W. Rowing | 4/19/2018
Coxswain Izzi Weiss and Isabella Strickler have been named to the 2018 USRowing Under-23 National...
UVA's Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 4/17/2018
Virginia’s Second Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/14/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team placed second overall at the two-day Clemson Invitational on...
No. 9 UVA Rowers Compete at Clemson Invite on April 13-14
W. Rowing | 4/13/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team returns to action at the Clemson Invitational on Friday-Saturday (...
No. 9 UVA Wins Three Races in Columbus
W. Rowing | 03/31/2018
No. 9 Virginia captured three wins against No. 5 Michigan, No. 6 Ohio State and No. 18 Michigan...
No. 9 UVA Races at No. 6 Ohio State Saturday
W. Rowing | 03/30/2018
No. 9 Virginia races against No. 5 Michigan and No. 6 Ohio State Saturday (March 31) on the...
- Online Stores