Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• All-ACC second-team honoree
• Part of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Member of the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of V8 that was top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Four that finished third at NCAAs
• Rowed with the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the V4 that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• 2013 All-West Coast Conference selection for Loyola Marymount
• Two-time member of the USRowing Junior National Team
• Placed fourth in the 4x at the 2011 World Junior Championships in Eton Dorney, England
• Finished sixth in the 2x at the 2012 World Junior regatta in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
• SWJR US Rowing Champ in 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the 4x, 2x and 1x
• Rowed for Long Beach Junior Crew club
• Daughter of Patti and Vaughn Sherman
• Has one sister, Taylor
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2018 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/23/2018
The eight-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in six regattas,...
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
- Online Stores