Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• All-ACC second-team honoree
• Part of the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Member of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Member of the All-ACC Academic Rowing Team
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of V8 that was top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Four that finished third at NCAAs
• Rowed with the ACC Champion Second Varsity Eight
• Bow seat of the V4 that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• 2013 All-West Coast Conference selection for Loyola Marymount
• Two-time member of the USRowing Junior National Team
• Placed fourth in the 4x at the 2011 World Junior Championships in Eton Dorney, England
• Finished sixth in the 2x at the 2012 World Junior regatta in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
• SWJR US Rowing Champ in 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the 4x, 2x and 1x
• Rowed for Long Beach Junior Crew club
• Daughter of Patti and Vaughn Sherman
• Has one sister, Taylor
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Four Cavaliers Earn CRCA National Scholar-Athlete Honors
W. Rowing | 6/11/2018
Adi Hendlin, Jane Hudson, Sophie Pennoyer and Lizzie Trull were honored as CRCA National Scholar-...
Five Cavaliers Named to CRCA All-Conference Team
W. Rowing | 6/10/2018
Jane Hudson, Heidi Long, Morgan Rosts, Ellie Stewart and Izzi Weiss represented the Cavaliers on ...
UVA Places Fifth at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/26/2018
Virginia's Second Varsity Eight rowed to a third-place finish as the No. 7 Cavaliers finished...
No. 7 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/25/2018
No. 7 UVA advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
No. 7 UVA Begins NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/23/2018
No. 7 Virginia will compete in the 2018 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 25-27) at...
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 05/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
- Online Stores