Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four will compete for national titles Sunday
Varsity Eight and Varsity Four win heats
Hoos Sweep All Five Races, Sauer Named Coach of the Year for 11th Time
• NCAA Champion in the Varsity Four
• ACC Champion in the V4
• All-ACC Second Team member
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the ACC Champion Third Varsity Eight
• Member of the 3V8 that defeated Ohio State and Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Rowed with the Second Varsity Eight that placed 10th at the Head of the Charles
• Part of the Second Varsity Eight that finished fourth at the San Diego Crew Classic
• Member of 2V8 that swept Oak Ridge Invitational
• Rowed with Varsity Eight that won Rivanna Romp
• Competed with second varsity eight at Rivanna Romp
• Also competed at Princeton Chase
• Rowed for Pacific Rowing Club for coaches Bob Maclean and Matt Lehrer
• Finished second in the pair at the 2010 Youth Nationals
• Member of the 2010 USRowing High Performance Team
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Varsity Eight Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 9/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 8/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
Rowing Names Pritzker and O'Brien as Assistant Coaches
W. Rowing | 8/16/2016
UVA Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Financial Officer Steve Pritzker and former UVA...
Janssen Earns Silver in Dutch Quad at Rio Olympics
W. Rowing | 8/11/2016
Former Virginia rowing standout Inge Janssen earned a silver medal in the women’s quadruple...
Cavalier Rowing Olympic Update
W. Rowing | 08/06/2016
Follow the results of the University of Virginia rowers at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Cavalier Olympic Central
W. Rowing | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
- Online Stores