Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
• Named to the CRCA All-America first team
• Named to the CRCA All-Region 3 first team
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Bow seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Served as team co-captain with Tessa Dikkers
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
DiCamillo's Legacy Secure at UVAWrestling3/1/17At the ACC wrestling tournament Saturday, 141-pounder George DiCamillo will try to become the first four-time conference champion in UVA history.Cavaliers Celebrate Special Win at JPJMen's Basketball2/28/17One regular-season game remains for No. 23 Virginia, which hosts Pitt at noon Saturday at JPJ. UVA upsetNo. 5 North Carolina 53-43 on Monday night.Cavaliers Shift Focus to ACC TourneyWomen's Basketball2/27/17In the ACC tournament, No. 8 Virginia, which has a first-round bye, meets No. 9 seed Wake Forest at 2 p.m. Thursday in Conway, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2017 Schedule
W. Rowing | 1/26/2017
The seven-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champions will compete in seven regattas,...
Virginia Takes Both Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/13/2016
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/11/2016
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2016 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 13) by hosting ...
Virginia Places Second at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/30/2016
Brown won the Varsity Eight race with a time of 14:14.672 to defeat runner-up Virginia who came...
Princeton Chase Next For UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/28/2016
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
V8 Places Fourth Among Collegiate Boats at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/23/2016
Virginia’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats in the Championship Eights ...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 09/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
- Online Stores