Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
• Named to the CRCA All-America first team
• Named to the CRCA All-Region 3 first team
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Bow seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Served as team co-captain with Tessa Dikkers
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/21/2016
The 52nd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,260 crews and 10,600 athletes...
UVA Rowing Announces Captains
W. Rowing | 9/29/2016
Seniors Ellen Pate, Georgia Ratcliff and Grace Tuttle (Vienna, Va.) have been named tri-captains ...
Trio of Cavaliers Earn Gold at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 8/27/2016
Virginia seniors Erin Briggs, Colette Lucas-Conwell and Georgia Ratcliff earned gold medals at...
Rowing Names Pritzker and O'Brien as Assistant Coaches
W. Rowing | 8/16/2016
UVA Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Financial Officer Steve Pritzker and former UVA...
Janssen Earns Silver in Dutch Quad at Rio Olympics
W. Rowing | 8/11/2016
Former Virginia rowing standout Inge Janssen earned a silver medal in the women’s quadruple...
Cavalier Rowing Olympic Update
W. Rowing | 8/6/2016
Follow the results of the University of Virginia rowers at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Cavalier Olympic Central
W. Rowing | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Six Cavaliers To Compete at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 08/05/2016
Six UVA rowers will compete at the 2016 World Rowing Championships on Aug. 21-28 at the Willem-Al...
- Online Stores