Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
• Named to the CRCA All-America first team
• Named to the CRCA All-Region 3 first team
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Bow seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Served as team co-captain with Tessa Dikkers
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
Paulsons Eager to Help Elevate UVA WrestlingWrestling7/25/17UVA head coach Steve Garland's new assistants are twins Travis and Trent Paulson, former standouts at Iowa State.Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Neppel Named Assistant Coach for UVA Rowing
W. Rowing | 7/24/2017
Neppel arrives in Charlottesville after serving as the interim head coach at Canisius College...
Rosts Earns Gold Medal at World U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 7/23/2017
Rosts was part of Canada’s gold-medal winning women’s eight crew which out-distanced ...
Three Cavaliers to Compete at U-23 Championships
W. Rowing | 7/17/2017
Morgan Rosts (Canada), Heidi Long (Great Britain) and Ellie Stewart (Great Britain) will each...
UVA Rowing Welcomes Ford as Associate Head Coach
W. Rowing | 7/11/2017
Emily Ford has been named associate head coach for the Virginia rowing program, head coach Kevin ...
Ratcliff Named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year
W. Rowing | 6/28/2017
Virginia’s Georgia Ratcliff was named ACC Rowing Scholar-Athlete of the Year on Wednesday (...
Sauer Elected to Rowing Hall of Fame
W. Rowing | 6/13/2017
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer has been inducted into the Pocock/Collegiate Rowing...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA All-Region 3
W. Rowing | 06/05/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA National Scholar-Athletes
W. Rowing | 06/01/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were named Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association...
- Online Stores