Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
Cavaliers claim ninth NCAA boat championship in program history
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
Post-Signing Day Football NotebookFootball2/12/16The start of spring practice is still more than a month away for UVA football players, whose current focus is the team's winter strength and conditioning program.Rivalry Win Continues Cavaliers' AscentMen's Basketball2/10/16In defeating Virginia Tech for the 10th time in the rivals' past 12 meetings, seventh-ranked Virginia never trailed Tuesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.Even-Keeled Cavaliers Ready for RematchMen's Basketball2/9/16At 8 p.m. Tuesday, No. 7 Virginia meets ACC rival Virginia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena. The Hokies upset the Cavaliers last month in Blacksburg.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Rowing Announces 2016 Schedule
W. Rowing | 11/17/2015
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer announced the Cavaliers' 2015 schedule on Tuesday (Nov. 17...
Virginia Wins Two Races at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/15/2015
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a pair of victories at the Rivanna Romp...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/13/2015
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2015 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 15) by hosting ...
Virginia Wins Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 11/1/2015
The Virginia rowing team captured the Princeton Chase on Sunday (Nov. 1) on Lake Carnegie. The...
Cavaliers Race at Princeton Chase on Sunday
W. Rowing | 10/30/2015
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., to compete in the Princeton Chase on Sunday ...
Varsity Four Places Second Among Collegiate Boats at Head of...
W. Rowing | 10/18/2015
The Virginia rowing Varsity Four finished second among collegiate boats in the Championship Fours...
Virginia Begins Fall Season at the Head of The Charles on...
W. Rowing | 10/16/2015
The Virginia rowing team opens its fall season at the world’s largest regatta, the Head of ...
Casto and Dikkers Named Co-Captains For Virginia Rowing
W. Rowing | 10/01/2015
Seniors Sam Casto (Dallas, Texas) and Tessa Dikkers (Pelham, N.Y.) have been named co-captains...
- Online Stores