Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
• Named to the CRCA All-America first team
• Named to the CRCA All-Region 3 first team
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Bow seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Served as team co-captain with Tessa Dikkers
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships`
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 5/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 5/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
2017 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/16/2017
No. 11 Virginia is one of 22 schools selected for the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championship, the NCAA...
UVA Earns Eighth Straight ACC Rowing Championship
W. Rowing | 05/14/2017
No. 11 Virginia won four of five races to claim its eighth consecutive ACC Rowing championship...
No. 11 UVA Aims for Eighth Straight ACC Title on Sunday
W. Rowing | 05/12/2017
No. 11 Virginia seeks its eighth consecutive ACC title as the Cavaliers compete at the 18th...
- Online Stores