Cavaliers open 2016 season by winning 11 of 12 races on first day in Tennessee
Women's eight, four and pair featuring Cavalier rowers all earn gold
Five Cavaliers to compete for U.S., one for Canada
Casto and Youngling named to first team
Four UVa student-athletes named first-team all-region
• Named to the CRCA All-America first team
• Named to the CRCA All-Region 3 first team
• All-ACC first-team honoree
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that placed fifth at the NCAA Championships
• Bow seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Eight that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that won the Princeton Chase
• Bow seat of the Varsity Eight that finished with the third-best collegiate time at the Head of the Charles
• Member of the Varsity Eight that won the Rivanna Romp
• Served as team co-captain with Tessa Dikkers
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• CRCA First-Team All-American
• CRCA All-Region 3 First Team
• Part of Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Member of the ACC Champion V8 that was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Rowed with the V8 all season
• Part of the V8 that was the top collegiate crew at the Head of the Charles
• Named to the U.S. squad for the World Under-23 Championships
• Member of the Second Varsity Eight that placed third at the NCAA Championships
• Part of the ACC Champion 2V8
• Rowed with the Varsity Four that defeated Michigan and Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Transferred to UVa in the spring of 2014 after rowing for Georgia Tech's club program
• Represented the United States in the women's single at the 2014 World Under-23 Championships, placing 10th
• Was Georgia Tech's 2012 Most Valuable Rower
• 2013 Head of the Charles Collegiate 4+ bronze medalist
• 2013 Head of the Hooch 1x Championship gold medalist
• Gold medalist in the senior 8+, senior 2x and intermediate 2x at the 2013 USRowing Club Nationals
• 2013 Atlanta Erg Sprints gold medalist and "Hammer Award" recipient
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Daughter of Colleen Slocum and Sam Casto
• Has a younger brother, Colin
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 4/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
No. 9 UVA Hosts No. 10 Princeton Saturday at Lake Monticello
W. Rowing | 4/20/2018
No. 9 Virginia hosts No. 10 Princeton in its lone home regatta on Saturday, April 21 at Lake...
Two Cavaliers Named to USRowing U23 National Team Camp
W. Rowing | 4/19/2018
Coxswain Izzi Weiss and Isabella Strickler have been named to the 2018 USRowing Under-23 National...
UVA's Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 4/17/2018
Virginia’s Second Varsity Eight was named Atlantic Coast Conference Crew of the Week...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Clemson Invite
W. Rowing | 4/14/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team placed second overall at the two-day Clemson Invitational on...
No. 9 UVA Rowers Compete at Clemson Invite on April 13-14
W. Rowing | 4/13/2018
The No. 9 Virginia rowing team returns to action at the Clemson Invitational on Friday-Saturday (...
No. 9 UVA Wins Three Races in Columbus
W. Rowing | 03/31/2018
No. 9 Virginia captured three wins against No. 5 Michigan, No. 6 Ohio State and No. 18 Michigan...
No. 9 UVA Races at No. 6 Ohio State Saturday
W. Rowing | 03/30/2018
No. 9 Virginia races against No. 5 Michigan and No. 6 Ohio State Saturday (March 31) on the...
- Online Stores