• Part of the Varsity Four that won the ACC championship and was named ACC Crew of the Year
• Bow of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th at the NCAA Championships
• Bow of the ACC champion Varsity Four
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for club Willem III in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Rowed for the Dutch national rowing program since 2013
• Graduated from St. Ignatius Gymnasium in 2016
• National indoor rowing champion in 2013
• Captured a gold medal in the U17 women's double at the 2013 Dutch Rowing Championships
• Rowed in the women's eight at the 2015 Junior World Rowing Championships
• Placed fourth in the women's four a tthe 2014 Coupe de la Jeunesse
• Served as head of student council from 2013-16
• Head of school paper from 2015-16
• Alumni of the European Youth Parliament from 2014-16
• Selected as one of eight Dutch representatives on the European Youth Parliament in 2015
• Winner of the national European Youth Parliament debating competition with St. Ignatius Gymnasium in 2015
• Earned highest grade on St. Ignatius Gymnasium for the national exam in Dutch language
• Daughter of Ernst Wiersman and Jacqueline van den Bos
• Born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Has an older brother, Abe, and younger sister, Ies
• Brother, Abe, participated in five World Rowing Championships
• Sister, Ies, rowed the Couple de la Jeunesse
• Loves debating and writing
• Was involved in several art projects in 2015
• Served as a summer camp leader at a saling camp
• Taught people how to row in the canals of Amsterdam
• Done research to compare the effects of exercise to the effects of drug abuse on a hormonal level in 2015
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
2018 NCAA Rowing Championship Field Announced
W. Rowing | 5/15/2018
The national regatta will be held May 25-27 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., with UCF ...
UVA Wins Ninth Straight ACC Rowing Title
W. Rowing | 5/13/2018
No. 7 Virginia continued its dominance in the Atlantic Coast Conference by claiming its ninth...
No. 7 UVA Takes Aim at Ninth Straight ACC Title Sunday
W. Rowing | 5/11/2018
No. 7 Virginia seeks its ninth consecutive ACC title at the 19th annual ACC Rowing Championship...
Jeff White: Resilience Marks Zwicker Comeback
W. Rowing | 5/8/2018
Graduate student Ali Zwicker, one of Virginia's captains, has fully recovered from the stroke she...
UVA’s Second Varsity Eight Named ACC Crew of the Week
W. Rowing | 5/1/2018
The honor marks the second time UVA’s 2V8 has been named the ACC Crew of the Week in the...
No. 9 Cavaliers Place Second at Longhorn Invite
W. Rowing | 4/28/2018
No. 3 Texas won the event followed by No. 9 Virginia, No. 8 Iowa, Oregon State, No. 18 Oklahoma, ...
No. 9 Cavaliers Return to Action at Longhorn Invite
W. Rowing | 04/27/2018
UVA will have four crews (Varsity Eight, Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight and Second Varsity...
No. 9 Cavaliers Take Four Races Against No. 10 Princeton
W. Rowing | 04/21/2018
The Cavaliers won the Varsity Four, Second Varsity Eight, Second Varsity Four and Third Varsity...
- Online Stores