• Bow of the Second Varsity Eight that placed 12th at the NCAA Championships
• Bow of the ACC champion Varsity Four
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Rowed for club Willem III in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Rowed for the Dutch national rowing program since 2013
• Graduated from St. Ignatius Gymnasium in 2016
• National indoor rowing champion in 2013
• Captured a gold medal in the U17 women's double at the 2013 Dutch Rowing Championships
• Rowed in the women's eight at the 2015 Junior World Rowing Championships
• Placed fourth in the women's four a tthe 2014 Coupe de la Jeunesse
• Served as head of student council from 2013-16
• Head of school paper from 2015-16
• Alumni of the European Youth Parliament from 2014-16
• Selected as one of eight Dutch representatives on the European Youth Parliament in 2015
• Winner of the national European Youth Parliament debating competition with St. Ignatius Gymnasium in 2015
• Earned highest grade on St. Ignatius Gymnasium for the national exam in Dutch language
• Daughter of Ernst Wiersman and Jacqueline van den Bos
• Born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Has an older brother, Abe, and younger sister, Ies
• Brother, Abe, participated in five World Rowing Championships
• Sister, Ies, rowed the Couple de la Jeunesse
• Loves debating and writing
• Was involved in several art projects in 2015
• Served as a summer camp leader at a saling camp
• Taught people how to row in the canals of Amsterdam
• Done research to compare the effects of exercise to the effects of drug abuse on a hormonal level in 2015
UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.'Hoos Eager to End on Winning NoteFootball12/4/17In its first postseason appearance since 2011, Virginia will play Navy in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Maryland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Wins Varsity Eight Race at Rivanna Romp
W. Rowing | 11/12/2017
The Virginia rowing team concluded its fall season with a win in the Varsity Eight race at the...
Cavaliers Host Rivanna Romp on Sunday
W. Rowing | 11/10/2017
The Virginia rowing team concludes its 2017 fall schedule on Sunday morning (Nov. 12) at the...
Sauer Adds Edwards to Coaching Staff
W. Rowing | 11/1/2017
Edwards arrives in Charlottesville after serving as an assistant coach at Rutgers for the past...
Virginia Places Third at Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/29/2017
The Cavaliers’ Varsity Eight placed third, while UVA’s Second Varsity Eight finished ...
UVA Rowing Returns to Action at the Princeton Chase
W. Rowing | 10/27/2017
The Virginia rowing team travels to Princeton, N.J., on Sunday (Oct. 29) to compete in the...
UVA Alumni Sets Course Record at HOCR
W. Rowing | 10/22/2017
UVA’s Varsity Eight finished fourth among collegiate boats and ninth overall with a time of...
UVA Opens Fall Season at the Head of the Charles
W. Rowing | 10/20/2017
The 53rd edition of the Head of the Charles will feature 2,281 crews and 10,551 athletes...
Janssen Earns Gold at World Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 10/02/2017
Former Virginia standout Inge Janssen (Class of 2010) earned a gold medal at the 2017 World...
- Online Stores