Cavaliers win six of seven races in afternoon session
Cavaliers sweep all four races and awards
Finals begin at 8 a.m. Saturday
Cavaliers' next regatta is ACC Championships May 16-17 in Clemson, S.C.
Cavaliers' Varsity Four wins two races against top-10 competition
NCAA Rowing Day 1 (by Matt Riley)
• Rowed with the Fourth Varsity Four at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the ACC Champion Varsity Four
• Stroke seat of the Second Varsity Eight that defeated Michigan at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
• Stroke seat of the Varsity Four that placed 11th at the Head of the Charles
• Stroke seat of Varsity Four that placed fourth at NCAAs
• Also in stroke seat for ACC Champion V4
• Bow seat of V4 that placed fourth at San Diego Crew Classic
• Stroke seat of V4 that finished fourth at Head of the Charles
• Part of the ACC Champion Novice Eight
• Member of the Novice Eight that completed an undefeated spring season
• Part of the Novice Eight that won the Eastern Sprints
• Competed at the UVa and Oak Ridge Invitationals
• Named ﬁrst team All-Met for womenʼs rowing June 2011
• Rowed with 2011 Junior National Team, High Performance Sculling 4x that trained in Berlin, Germany
• Has completed both the Marine Corps Marathon and the Richmond Marathon
• Has two brothers, John and James, and two sisters, Helena and Sarah
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Sauer Elected to Rowing Hall of Fame
W. Rowing | 6/13/2017
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer has been inducted into the Pocock/Collegiate Rowing...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA All-Region 3
W. Rowing | 6/5/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were recognized with Collegiate Rowing Coaches...
Five Cavaliers Named CRCA National Scholar-Athletes
W. Rowing | 6/1/2017
Five members of the Virginia rowing program were named Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association...
UVA Places 11th at NCAA Rowing Championships
W. Rowing | 5/28/2017
Virginia rowed to an 11th-place finish in the team standings at the NCAA Championships Sunday (Ma...
No. 10 UVA Concludes Second Day at NCAA Championships
W. Rowing | 5/27/2017
Three Virginia boats will race in the petite finals as second-day action concluded Saturday (May ...
No. 10 UVA Advances Three Boats on First Day of NCAAs
W. Rowing | 5/26/2017
No. 10 Virginia advanced three boats to the A/B semifinals on the first day of the NCAA Rowing...
Jeff White: Nicholson Shining On and Off Water at UVA
W. Rowing | 05/25/2017
Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one...
No. 10 UVA To Begin NCAA Rowing Championships Friday
W. Rowing | 05/24/2017
No. 10 Virginia will compete in the 2017 NCAA Rowing Championships Friday-Sunday (May 26-28) on...
- Online Stores