Cavaliers take second game, 4-2, after dropping first game, 3-2
Cavaliers play at Liberty Wednesday
Formby sisters combine for no-hitter in second game
Cavaliers use seven-run fifth inning to come from behind
Cavaliers break team single-season home run record
Softball vs. Radford
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started 49-of-50 games played
• Made 28 starts in RF, 20 starts in LF and one start in CF
• Hit .252 with a team-leading 30 runs scored and added 21 RBI
• Went 15-of-16 in steal attempts to lead the team
• Added three doubles, a triple and six home runs
• Tallied nine multiple-hit games and seven multiple-RBI games
• Delivered a season-high three RBI at Pittsburgh on March 26 and vs. Syracuse on April 10
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 50 games with 41 starts in the outfield
• Hit .319 with five home runs and 27 runs scored (tied for second on the team)
• Recorded nine multi-hit games and four multi-RBI contests
• Hit first career home run against Delaware State on March 21
• Drove in a career-high four runs against Virginia Tech on April 8
2014 (Freshman Season)
• Appeared in 49 games with 48 starts in the outfield
• Led the team with 21 runs scored
• Second on the squad with 12 stolen bases, eight doubles and was third in hitting (.256)
• Recorded eight multi-hit games, including three against Fordham on March 20
• Had three multi-RBI games
• Stole two bases against North Carolina and Delaware State
• Scored a season-high three runs in the home finale against Liberty
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
Sierra High School
• Earned first team all-league honors in 2012
• Named Offensive Player of the Year in 2012
• Selected to all-league second team in 2011
• Helped team to 2011 San Joaquin Section Division IV and Valley Oak League Championships
• Named to the 2011 and 2012 Academic Honor Roll
• Played for the CA Grapettes
• Daughter of Aletriana and Donald Hughes
• Has an older sister, Kayla
• Father, Donald, played minor league baseball for the Jacksonville Cardinals
• Mother, Aletriana, played softball for Chabot College
'Hoos Looking to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball5/16/17The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them to four straight NCAA tournaments.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Park Named to NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Team
Softball | 5/18/2017
Senior Katie Park added National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) First Team All-Region...
Softball Falls in ACC Quarterfinal to Top-Seeded FSU
Softball | 5/11/2017
No. 4 Florida State advanced to the ACC Championship semifinal round with a 16-0, five-inning...
Softball Lands Two on ACC All-Conference Squad
Softball | 5/11/2017
Senior Katie Park earned First Team All-ACC honors while classmate Kaitlin Fitzgerald was listed ...
Softball Takes on No. 4 FSU in ACC Quarterfinal
Softball | 5/10/2017
Virginia will make its first Atlantic Coast Conference Championship appearance since 2013 on...
Jeff White: Resilient Cavaliers On The Rise
Softball | 5/8/2017
Virginia, whose nine conference wins are its most since 2010, meets top seed Florida State in the...
Softball Punches Postseason Ticket on Final Day
Softball | 4/30/2017
Virginia clinched a berth into the ACC Tournament thanks to a 7-3, comeback victory in the series...
Louisville Clinches Series With 11-3 Victory
Softball | 04/29/2017
Louisville scored the game’s first seven runs and eventually final four runs in an 11-3,...
Louisville Halts Virginia Win Streak
Softball | 04/28/2017
Louisville scored four runs in the sixth inning in a 7-5, come-from-behind victory over Virginia .
- Online Stores