Sophomore led Cavaliers in batting average, hits and RBI
Cavaliers conclude season Sunday
Cavaliers take second game, 4-2, after dropping first game, 3-2
Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
Softball vs. Radford
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started 45-of-46 games played
• Made 24 starts at 3B, 19 starts at 1B and two at DH
• Hit .296 with 16 runs scored, 26 RBI, 11 doubles and two home runs
• Totaled 13 walks to only four strikeouts on the year
• Went 5-for-5 in steal attempts
• Tallied 11 multiple-hit games and six multiple-RBI games
• Went 2-for-4 with season-high four RBI and two runs vs. Boise State on February 11
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Started all 56 games, the first 26 at third base and the last 30 at first base
• Led the team in batting average (.360), hits (62) and RBI (42)
• Recorded 15 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI contests
• Had the team's longest hitting streak during the season (10)
• Posted a season-high five RBI against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Notched a season-best four hits and three runs against Delaware State on March 21
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Played one season at St. John's
• Named to All-Big East First Team in 2014
• Hit .355 with three home runs and 28 RBI
• Started 51 games,was second on the squad with 11 doubles and third with 54 hits
• Before St. John's, was theTrinity League Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2013
• Named to All-Trinity League First Team in 2012 and 2013
• Named to the 2012 All-Orange County Second Team
• Daughter of Lori and John Fitzgerald
• Has a sister, Megan
• Father, John, played football for Mississippi State
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Top-ranked FSU Takes Softball Series Opener
Softball | 3/24/2017
No. 1 Florida State (30-1-1, 10-0 ACC) did all of its damage in three separate rallies, capturing...
Softball Hosts Top-Ranked Florida State
Softball | 3/23/2017
Virginia (11-17, 2-7 ACC) will welcome No. 1 Florida State (29-1-1, 9-0 ACC) this weekend for a...
Softball Splits Doubleheader Against Towson
Softball | 3/21/2017
Virginia (11-17) won game one in walk-off fashion, 5-4 in eight innings but Towson (9-11) strung ...
Softball Hosts Towson on Tuesday
Softball | 3/20/2017
Virginia (10-16) opens up a five-game home stand with a doubleheader against Towson (8-10) on...
N.C. State Completes Sweep of Softball
Softball | 3/19/2017
N.C. State (11-16, 5-1 ACC) scored early and often in 9-1 victory over Virginia (10-16, 2-7 ACC)....
Softball's Comeback Falls Short in Game Two
Softball | 3/18/2017
Despite a season-high 17 hits, Virginia (10-15, 2-6 ACC) fell 8-6 to N.C. State (10-16, 4-1 ACC) ...
Late Homers Sink Softball in ACC Road Opener
Softball | 03/17/2017
A grand slam and a three-run home run in the fifth and sixth innings respectively, powered N.C....
Virginia Softball Announces Suspension of Bailey Vaughn
Softball | 03/17/2017
Virginia freshman Bailey Vaughn has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules and...
- Online Stores