Sophomore led Cavaliers in batting average, hits and RBI
Cavaliers conclude season Sunday
Cavaliers take second game, 4-2, after dropping first game, 3-2
Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
Softball vs. Radford
2017 (Senior Season)
• A Second Team All-ACC selection
• Appeared in 50 games and made 46 starts (43 at 3B, 2 at DP and one at 1B)
• Batted .274 (40-for-146) with 10 doubles and 21 RBIs
• Her 10 doubles were the second most on the team
• In ACC play, batted .391 (25-for-64) with six doubles, a home run and 15 RBIs
• Was the third toughest batter in the ACC to strike out (64th toughest in the country) at 1 per 20.9 at bats
• Was at the plate for three of the team's five walk-off wins
• Capped a three-run rally with a two-out single in the bottom of the seventh to defeat Georgia Tech, 3-2 on April 15
• Registered a pinch-hit, walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Virginia Tech on March 4
• Drove in what proved to be the game-winning run against No. 14 James Madison on April 4
• Collected a career-high, four hits including her only homer of the season and reached base five times against Notre Dame on April 23
• Went 8-for-13 (.615) with a home run and five RBIs in three-game sweep of Notre Dame
• Went into the final series of the regular season on a career-high, eight-game hit streak
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started 45-of-46 games played
• Made 24 starts at 3B, 19 starts at 1B and two at DH
• Hit .296 with 16 runs scored, 26 RBI, 11 doubles and two home runs
• Totaled 13 walks to only four strikeouts on the year
• Went 5-for-5 in steal attempts
• Tallied 11 multiple-hit games and six multiple-RBI games
• Went 2-for-4 with season-high four RBI and two runs vs. Boise State on February 11
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Started all 56 games, the first 26 at third base and the last 30 at first base
• Led the team in batting average (.360), hits (62) and RBI (42)
• Recorded 15 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI contests
• Had the team's longest hitting streak during the season (10)
• Posted a season-high five RBI against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Notched a season-best four hits and three runs against Delaware State on March 21
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Played one season at St. John's
• Named to All-Big East First Team in 2014
• Hit .355 with three home runs and 28 RBI
• Started 51 games,was second on the squad with 11 doubles and third with 54 hits
• Before St. John's, was theTrinity League Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2013
• Named to All-Trinity League First Team in 2012 and 2013
• Named to the 2012 All-Orange County Second Team
• Daughter of Lori and John Fitzgerald
• Has a sister, Megan
• Father, John, played football for Mississippi State
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pitt Completes Sweep with Offensive Explosion
Softball | 4/22/2018
Olivia Gott launched her fourth home run of the weekend, but Pitt scores 12 to take the finale.
Virginia Falls in Walk-Off at Pitt
Softball | 4/21/2018
A pair of home runs helped Virginia rally from an early deficit, but Pittsburgh walks off with 3-...
Cavaliers Upended in Series Opener at Pittsburgh
Softball | 4/20/2018
Olivia Gott hit a pair of home runs to surpass her single-season high in 9-2 loss at Pitt.
Virginia Visits Pittsburgh in ACC Action
Softball | 4/19/2018
Virginia hits the road in the penultimate weekend of ACC play, as Cavaliers face Pittsburgh.
Georgetown's Seven-Run Fifth Downs Virginia
Softball | 4/18/2018
Georgetown scored seven times with two outs in the fifth inning to turn a one-run game into a 15-...
Virginia Opens Road Trip at Georgetown
Softball | 4/17/2018
The Cavaliers play four games on the road this week, beginning Wednesday night against the Hoyas.
Virginia Drops Doubleheader to Close Series
Softball | 04/14/2018
Danni Ingraham closed within three home runs of the Virginia school record, but Cavaliers fall to...
Virginia and Virginia Tech to Play Doubleheader Saturday
Softball | 04/13/2018
With inclement weather expected on Sunday, Commonwealth Clash series will conclude with Saturday ...
- Online Stores