Sophomore led Cavaliers in batting average, hits and RBI
Cavaliers conclude season Sunday
Cavaliers take second game, 4-2, after dropping first game, 3-2
Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
Softball vs. Radford
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started 45-of-46 games played
• Made 24 starts at 3B, 19 starts at 1B and two at DH
• Hit .296 with 16 runs scored, 26 RBI, 11 doubles and two home runs
• Totaled 13 walks to only four strikeouts on the year
• Went 5-for-5 in steal attempts
• Tallied 11 multiple-hit games and six multiple-RBI games
• Went 2-for-4 with season-high four RBI and two runs vs. Boise State on February 11
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Started all 56 games, the first 26 at third base and the last 30 at first base
• Led the team in batting average (.360), hits (62) and RBI (42)
• Recorded 15 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI contests
• Had the team's longest hitting streak during the season (10)
• Posted a season-high five RBI against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Notched a season-best four hits and three runs against Delaware State on March 21
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Played one season at St. John's
• Named to All-Big East First Team in 2014
• Hit .355 with three home runs and 28 RBI
• Started 51 games,was second on the squad with 11 doubles and third with 54 hits
• Before St. John's, was theTrinity League Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2013
• Named to All-Trinity League First Team in 2012 and 2013
• Named to the 2012 All-Orange County Second Team
• Daughter of Lori and John Fitzgerald
• Has a sister, Megan
• Father, John, played football for Mississippi State
Williams' UVA Journey Nearing Its EndMen's Lacrosse4/26/17One game remains in the college career of attackman Zed Williams, who'll graduate from UVA next month with a bachelor's degree in drama.Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Softball Rolls to Seventh-Straight Win
Softball | 4/26/2017
Virginia won its seventh-straight game, an 8-0 victory over George Washington (24-22) in non-conf...
Softball Adds Third Virginia Native to Recruiting Class
Softball | 4/26/2017
Virginia Head Coach Joanna Hardin announced the signing of outfielder Kate Covington (Mclean, Va.).
Softball Continues ACC Play at Notre Dame
Softball | 4/21/2017
Virginia will play the first of two remaining Atlantic Coast Conference series this weekend when ...
Softball Evens Series with Walk-Off Thriller
Softball | 4/15/2017
Virginia rallied for three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning in a 3-2 win over Georgia Tech.
Softball Takes Series in Comeback Fashion
Softball | 4/16/2017
Virginia captured its first series win of the season after a 4-2 comeback victory over Georgia...
Virginia Outslugs Georgetown for Third-Straight Win
Softball | 4/18/2017
Virginia cracked five home runs, tying a single-game school record, in a 7-6 win over Georgetown.
Softball Hosts GW Wednesday in Final Home Game
Softball | 04/25/2017
The Virginia softball team will play its final home game of the season on Wednesday when it hosts...
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader to Clinch Series
Softball | 04/22/2017
Virginia clinched its second-straight ACC series and are now winners of five-consecutive games...
- Online Stores