Katie Park's 5-RBI Performance Paces Cavaliers In Win Over Islanders
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers conclude season Sunday
Cavaliers play at Liberty Wednesday
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
2017 (Senior Season)
• Started all 53 games in which she appeared
• A First Team NFCA All-Region honoree
• Earned First Team All-ACC and First Team VaSID All-State honors
• Led the team in batting average (.382), runs (34), hits (68) doubles (12) and total bases (111)
• Her .382 batting average was the sixth-highest in the ACC and the eighth highest in UVA history
• She was ranked fifth in the ACC in total bases and sixth in the ACC in hits
• Finished her career on a 13-game hit streak, the second longest ever by a Cavalier
• One of two Cavaliers since 2005 to reach 60 hits in a season
• Against teams in the top 75 of NCAA RPI, batted .435 (30-for-69) with four home runs and 11 RBIs
• In ACC play, batted .412 (35-for-85) with five home runs and 15 RBIs
• Led the team with 16 multi-hit games including five, three-hit performances
• Hit a game-tying, solo home run in the bottom of the seventh inning in an eventual, 9-8 walk-off victory over Virginia Tech on March 4
• Scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning against Georgia Tech on April 15
• Had a career-high four hits in a 4-for-4, three RBI effort against Seton Hall on Feb. 24
• Batted 532 (25-for-47) with 14 runs scored, five doubles and eight RBIs in her final 13 games of the season
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started all 51 games
• Made 33 starts at catcher, 12 starts at 2B, five starts as DP and one in RF
• Hit .314 with seven home runs and 38 RBI
• Tallied 13 multiple-hit games and 9 multiple-RBI games
• Best offensive performance came vs. Texas A&M-CC: 3-for-4 with 5 RBI, two runs scored and a home run on February 19 at UTSA Classic
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 42 games with 36 starts
• Hit .200 with five home runs and 16 RBI
• Recorded four multi-hit games and four multi-RBI contests
• Drove in a season-high three runs against George Mason on March 11
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014 (Freshman Season)
• Started all 51 games behind the plate
• Second on the team with eight doubles
• Recorded six multi-hit games and three multi-RBI games
• Drove in a season-high three runs against Pittsburgh on March 30
• Hit first career home run against NC State on March 2
Xavier College Prep
• 2012 Arizona All-State honorable mention
• 2011 All-Fiesta Region Second Team
• 2010 All-Fiesta Region honorable mention
• Earned 2011 Fiesta Region Defensive Play of the Year
• Xavier's Offensive MVP in 2011 and 2012
• Served as team captain for 2012 and 2013
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Member of Rio Salado Phi Theta Kappa
• Played for Arizona Killer Bees 18 Gold
• Daughter of Julie and Kevin Park
• Has a younger sister, Lauren
• Has two black belts in wado-ryu and kobujutsu
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Allison Davis Named Second Team All-Region
Softball | 5/17/2018
Senior outfielder Allison Davis added NFCA All-Region accolades to cap impressive career at...
Softball Adds Pair to Incoming Class
Softball | 5/15/2018
Head coach Joanna Hardin announced the additions of Jessica Hanflink and Madi Wilson to the...
Senior Allison Davis Named All-ACC Second Team
Softball | 5/8/2018
After leading the ACC in hits during 2018, veteran Allison Davis garners All-ACC recognition.
Virginia Drops Two to End Season
Softball | 5/1/2018
The 2018 season drew to a close for Virginia, as the Cavaliers fell in both ends of a...
Virginia Closes Season at Liberty
Softball | 4/30/2018
The 2018 softball season draws to a close on Tuesday as Virginia travels to Liberty for a...
Key Hit Eludes Cavaliers in 5-1 Defeat
Softball | 4/29/2018
Virginia outhits Duke, but Cavaliers leave 10 runners aboard in 5-1 loss to close ACC play.
Big First Inning Lifts Duke Over Virginia
Softball | 04/28/2018
Savana Avilla records her first RBI at Virginia, but Duke scores six early to take game two of...
Duke Takes Series Opener in Walk-Off
Softball | 04/27/2018
In the first-ever meeting between Duke and Virginia, Blue Devils walk-off on bloop single.
- Online Stores