Katie Park's 5-RBI Performance Paces Cavaliers In Win Over Islanders
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers conclude season Sunday
Cavaliers play at Liberty Wednesday
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
2017 (Senior Season)
• Started all 53 games in which she appeared
• A First Team NFCA All-Region honoree
• Earned First Team All-ACC and First Team VaSID All-State honors
• Led the team in batting average (.382), runs (34), hits (68) doubles (12) and total bases (111)
• Her .382 batting average was the sixth-highest in the ACC and the eighth highest in UVA history
• She was ranked fifth in the ACC in total bases and sixth in the ACC in hits
• Finished her career on a 13-game hit streak, the second longest ever by a Cavalier
• One of two Cavaliers since 2005 to reach 60 hits in a season
• Against teams in the top 75 of NCAA RPI, batted .435 (30-for-69) with four home runs and 11 RBIs
• In ACC play, batted .412 (35-for-85) with five home runs and 15 RBIs
• Led the team with 16 multi-hit games including five, three-hit performances
• Hit a game-tying, solo home run in the bottom of the seventh inning in an eventual, 9-8 walk-off victory over Virginia Tech on March 4
• Scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning against Georgia Tech on April 15
• Had a career-high four hits in a 4-for-4, three RBI effort against Seton Hall on Feb. 24
• Batted 532 (25-for-47) with 14 runs scored, five doubles and eight RBIs in her final 13 games of the season
2016 (Junior Season)
• Started all 51 games
• Made 33 starts at catcher, 12 starts at 2B, five starts as DP and one in RF
• Hit .314 with seven home runs and 38 RBI
• Tallied 13 multiple-hit games and 9 multiple-RBI games
• Best offensive performance came vs. Texas A&M-CC: 3-for-4 with 5 RBI, two runs scored and a home run on February 19 at UTSA Classic
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 42 games with 36 starts
• Hit .200 with five home runs and 16 RBI
• Recorded four multi-hit games and four multi-RBI contests
• Drove in a season-high three runs against George Mason on March 11
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014 (Freshman Season)
• Started all 51 games behind the plate
• Second on the team with eight doubles
• Recorded six multi-hit games and three multi-RBI games
• Drove in a season-high three runs against Pittsburgh on March 30
• Hit first career home run against NC State on March 2
Xavier College Prep
• 2012 Arizona All-State honorable mention
• 2011 All-Fiesta Region Second Team
• 2010 All-Fiesta Region honorable mention
• Earned 2011 Fiesta Region Defensive Play of the Year
• Xavier's Offensive MVP in 2011 and 2012
• Served as team captain for 2012 and 2013
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Member of Rio Salado Phi Theta Kappa
• Played for Arizona Killer Bees 18 Gold
• Daughter of Julie and Kevin Park
• Has a younger sister, Lauren
• Has two black belts in wado-ryu and kobujutsu
'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Fall in Extra Innings
Softball | 3/18/2018
Virginia lifts three home runs, but Syracuse takes the series with a 9-6, ninth-inning win.
Smith, Virginia Walk-Off Syracuse
Softball | 3/17/2018
Cavaliers rally from a pair of four-run deficits to earn first Atlantic Coast Conference win in...
Saturday Start Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Softball | 3/17/2018
Game two of the series between Virginia and Syracuse moved to 3:30 p.m. due to rain.
Errors Costly in Series-Opening Loss
Softball | 3/16/2018
Virginia commits six errors as Syracuse rides Alexa Romero's no-hitter to 12-0 win.
Virginia Hosts Syracuse in ACC Action
Softball | 3/15/2018
Cavaliers close home stand with three ACC games against Atlantic-leading Syracuse.
Wednesday Game Against Liberty Postponed
Softball | 3/12/2018
Virginia's Wednesday (March 14) game versus Liberty has been postponed due to cold temperatures...
Big Fifth Innings Sink Virginia in Doubleheader
Softball | 03/10/2018
Fifth inning struggles down Hoos as Georgia Tech rallies to sweep doubleheader, series.
Georgia Tech Rallies to Claim ACC Opener
Softball | 03/09/2018
Fifth-inning ejection flips game, as Yellow Jackets seize momentum and rally from two-run deficit.
- Online Stores