Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers gear up for the season
Cavaliers fall to Fresno State, 11-10, and No. 6 Oregon, 12-3
Cavaliers will play five games in the Upstate Classic
Cavaliers gear up for the 2014 season
2017 (Senior Season)
• Appeared in seven games and totaled two at bats
• Scored a run in pinch-running opportunity in second game of a doubleheader at Notre Dame on April 22
• Recorded lone putout in ACC Tournament Quarterfinal against Florida State
2016 (Junior Season)
• Did not play due to injury
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Appeared in 3 games
• Scored a run as a pinch runner against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014 (Freshman Season)
• Appeared in 19 games with 11 starts, mostly at second base or designated player
• Had a season-high two hits against Pittsburgh on March 30
• Did not commit an error in 19 chances
National Cathedral School
• 2013 Washington Post All-Met First Team
• 2012 Washington Post All-Met Second Team
• 2011 Washington Post All-Met Honorable Mention
• Named to the All-Independent Schoool League 2010-13
• NCS Strength and Conditioning Athlete of the Year in 2012
• Team MVP 2010-13
• Earned Magnum Cum Laude on the National Latin Exam in 2012
• Played for Gold Coast Hurricanes under Marty Cooper
• Daughter of Hafida and David Baad
• Father, David, played baseball at Rollins College and coached former UVa standout Danny Hultzen in high school
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Comeback Falls Short in Home Finale
Softball | 4/25/2018
Virginia rallied back from a 6-2 deficit to put the tying runs in scoring position in the seventh...
Virginia Hosts JMU in Home Finale
Softball | 4/24/2018
Down to five games remaining in the season, Virginia welcomes James Madison in the final home...
Pitt Completes Sweep with Offensive Explosion
Softball | 4/22/2018
Olivia Gott launched her fourth home run of the weekend, but Pitt scores 12 to take the finale.
Virginia Falls in Walk-Off at Pitt
Softball | 4/21/2018
A pair of home runs helped Virginia rally from an early deficit, but Pittsburgh walks off with 3-...
Cavaliers Upended in Series Opener at Pittsburgh
Softball | 4/20/2018
Olivia Gott hit a pair of home runs to surpass her single-season high in 9-2 loss at Pitt.
Virginia Visits Pittsburgh in ACC Action
Softball | 4/19/2018
Virginia hits the road in the penultimate weekend of ACC play, as Cavaliers face Pittsburgh.
Georgetown's Seven-Run Fifth Downs Virginia
Softball | 04/18/2018
Georgetown scored seven times with two outs in the fifth inning to turn a one-run game into a 15-...
Virginia Opens Road Trip at Georgetown
Softball | 04/17/2018
The Cavaliers play four games on the road this week, beginning Wednesday night against the Hoyas.
- Online Stores