Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers break team single-season home run record
Virginia hosts Western Carolina in doubleheader Tuesday
Heintzelman hits first career home run
Cavaliers win first game, 10-9, fall in second game, 8-7
2016 (Junior Season)
• Played in 33 games, making 24 starts primarily as DH
• Made 14 starts at DH, six in LF and four at 3B
• Hit .190 with six runs scored and six RBI
• Tallied two home runs on the season
• Turned in best offensive performance at Towson on March 8 with three RBI and a home run
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 47 games with 45 starts
• Hit five home runs and 23 hits
• Recorded three multi-hit games
• Scored season-high three runs against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Had three hits against Longwood on April 15
• Played one season at Providence
• Led the Friars with seven home runs, 16 RBI, five doubles and a .500 slugging percentage
• Started all 35 games, was second on the team with 13 runs scored and third with 24 runs scored
• Before Providence, was named 2013 AAA Cedar District Player of the Year
• Two-time all-state first team member
• Three-time all-district and two-time all-region selection
• Twice named to Washington PostAll-Met teams
• Played travel ball for Vienna Stars 18U Gold under Tony Rollins
• Helped lead Vienna Stats 18U Gold to the Premiere Nationals in 2012 and 2013
• Four-year member of the honor roll at Broad Run
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars
• Daughter of Colleen and Scott Miller
• Father, Scott, played in the Phillies' minor league system from 1980-83
'Hoos Looking to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball5/16/17The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them to four straight NCAA tournaments.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Park Named to NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Team
Softball | 5/18/2017
Senior Katie Park added National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) First Team All-Region...
Softball Falls in ACC Quarterfinal to Top-Seeded FSU
Softball | 5/11/2017
No. 4 Florida State advanced to the ACC Championship semifinal round with a 16-0, five-inning...
Softball Lands Two on ACC All-Conference Squad
Softball | 5/11/2017
Senior Katie Park earned First Team All-ACC honors while classmate Kaitlin Fitzgerald was listed ...
Softball Takes on No. 4 FSU in ACC Quarterfinal
Softball | 5/10/2017
Virginia will make its first Atlantic Coast Conference Championship appearance since 2013 on...
Jeff White: Resilient Cavaliers On The Rise
Softball | 5/8/2017
Virginia, whose nine conference wins are its most since 2010, meets top seed Florida State in the...
Softball Punches Postseason Ticket on Final Day
Softball | 4/30/2017
Virginia clinched a berth into the ACC Tournament thanks to a 7-3, comeback victory in the series...
Louisville Clinches Series With 11-3 Victory
Softball | 04/29/2017
Louisville scored the game’s first seven runs and eventually final four runs in an 11-3,...
Louisville Halts Virginia Win Streak
Softball | 04/28/2017
Louisville scored four runs in the sixth inning in a 7-5, come-from-behind victory over Virginia .
- Online Stores