Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers break team single-season home run record
Virginia hosts Western Carolina in doubleheader Tuesday
Heintzelman hits first career home run
Cavaliers win first game, 10-9, fall in second game, 8-7
2016 (Junior Season)
• Played in 33 games, making 24 starts primarily as DH
• Made 14 starts at DH, six in LF and four at 3B
• Hit .190 with six runs scored and six RBI
• Tallied two home runs on the season
• Turned in best offensive performance at Towson on March 8 with three RBI and a home run
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 47 games with 45 starts
• Hit five home runs and 23 hits
• Recorded three multi-hit games
• Scored season-high three runs against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Had three hits against Longwood on April 15
• Played one season at Providence
• Led the Friars with seven home runs, 16 RBI, five doubles and a .500 slugging percentage
• Started all 35 games, was second on the team with 13 runs scored and third with 24 runs scored
• Before Providence, was named 2013 AAA Cedar District Player of the Year
• Two-time all-state first team member
• Three-time all-district and two-time all-region selection
• Twice named to Washington PostAll-Met teams
• Played travel ball for Vienna Stars 18U Gold under Tony Rollins
• Helped lead Vienna Stats 18U Gold to the Premiere Nationals in 2012 and 2013
• Four-year member of the honor roll at Broad Run
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars
• Daughter of Colleen and Scott Miller
• Father, Scott, played in the Phillies' minor league system from 1980-83
Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Softball Continues ACC Play at Notre Dame
Softball | 4/21/2017
Virginia will play the first of two remaining Atlantic Coast Conference series this weekend when ...
Softball Evens Series with Walk-Off Thriller
Softball | 4/15/2017
Virginia rallied for three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning in a 3-2 win over Georgia Tech.
Softball Takes Series in Comeback Fashion
Softball | 4/16/2017
Virginia captured its first series win of the season after a 4-2 comeback victory over Georgia...
Virginia Outslugs Georgetown for Third-Straight Win
Softball | 4/18/2017
Virginia cracked five home runs, tying a single-game school record, in a 7-6 win over Georgetown.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader to Clinch Series
Softball | 4/22/2017
Virginia clinched its second-straight ACC series and are now winners of five-consecutive games...
Softball Hosts GW Wednesday in Final Home Game
Softball | 4/25/2017
The Virginia softball team will play its final home game of the season on Wednesday when it hosts...
Miller, Osherow Claim Weekly ACC Honors
Softball | 04/25/2017
Senior McKall Miller was named the ACC Player of the Week and sophomore Erika Osherow was named...
Softball Concludes Home Stand Tuesday Night
Softball | 04/17/2017
Virginia will wrap up a five-game home stand on Tuesday night when it hosts Georgetown at The Park.
- Online Stores