Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers break team single-season home run record
Virginia hosts Western Carolina in doubleheader Tuesday
Heintzelman hits first career home run
Cavaliers win first game, 10-9, fall in second game, 8-7
2016 (Junior Season)
• Played in 33 games, making 24 starts primarily as DH
• Made 14 starts at DH, six in LF and four at 3B
• Hit .190 with six runs scored and six RBI
• Tallied two home runs on the season
• Turned in best offensive performance at Towson on March 8 with three RBI and a home run
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 47 games with 45 starts
• Hit five home runs and 23 hits
• Recorded three multi-hit games
• Scored season-high three runs against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Had three hits against Longwood on April 15
• Played one season at Providence
• Led the Friars with seven home runs, 16 RBI, five doubles and a .500 slugging percentage
• Started all 35 games, was second on the team with 13 runs scored and third with 24 runs scored
• Before Providence, was named 2013 AAA Cedar District Player of the Year
• Two-time all-state first team member
• Three-time all-district and two-time all-region selection
• Twice named to Washington PostAll-Met teams
• Played travel ball for Vienna Stars 18U Gold under Tony Rollins
• Helped lead Vienna Stats 18U Gold to the Premiere Nationals in 2012 and 2013
• Four-year member of the honor roll at Broad Run
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars
• Daughter of Colleen and Scott Miller
• Father, Scott, played in the Phillies' minor league system from 1980-83
Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.Grueling Stretch Continues for 'HoosMen's Basketball2/16/17No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Softball Shuts Out ETSU; Clipped by UNCW at Buccaneer Invite
Softball | 2/18/2017
Virginia (4-5) earned its second split in as many days at the Charleston Southern Buccaneer...
Softball Hits Five Home Runs in Doubleheader Split
Softball | 2/17/2017
Virginia (4-3) experienced a power surge, belting five home runs in two games in a doubleheader...
Softball Slated for Six Weekend Contests
Softball | 2/16/2017
The second week of Virginia softball (2-3) commences on Friday at the Charleston Southern...
Softball Edged by San Jose State in Kajikawa Classic Finale
Softball | 2/11/2017
A late Virginia (2-3) rally fell short on the final day of the Kajikawa Classic as the Hoos fell ...
Late Game Heroics Fuel Softball to First Two Wins
Softball | 2/11/2017
Virginia (2-2) collected a pair of come-from-behind victories on day two of the Kajikawa Classic ...
Softball Drops Two On First Day Of Kajikawa Classic
Softball | 2/10/2017
Despite racking up 16 hits in the opening two games of the 2017 season at the Kajikawa Classic on...
Virginia Opens Season At Kajikawa Classic Thursday
Softball | 02/08/2017
The Virginia softball team opens the 2017 season on Thursday, facing No. 9 Oregon and host...
Softball 2017 Broadcast Schedule Released
Softball | 02/01/2017
Virginia Athletics released the broadcast schedule for the 2017 softball season on Wednesday (Feb...
- Online Stores