Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers break team single-season home run record
Virginia hosts Western Carolina in doubleheader Tuesday
Heintzelman hits first career home run
Cavaliers win first game, 10-9, fall in second game, 8-7
2017 (Senior Season)
• Started in 39 of the 40 games in which she appeared.
• Suffered injury on on 3/10 vs. Boston College causing her to miss 14 games.
• Started the first 22 games of the year at shortstop.
• Batted .327 (37-for-113) with eight home runs and 24 RBIs.
• Established career-highs in batting average, doubles, home runs and RBIs.
• Named the ACC Player of the Week on April 27 after going 7-for-14 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs.
• Tied the program single-game record with three doubles against No. 9 Oregon on April 9.
• Was in the lineup for 20 of team's 22 wins (2-12 without her in the lineup).
• Put together a career-high eight-game hit streak from Feb. 24 - March 8.
• Was tied for second on the team with seven, multi-RBI games
• Five of her eight home runs led off an inning.
• Batted .333 (13-for-39) with three home runs and 11 RBIs in 14 conference games.
2016 (Junior Season)
• Played in 33 games, making 24 starts primarily as DH
• Made 14 starts at DH, six in LF and four at 3B
• Hit .190 with six runs scored and six RBI
• Tallied two home runs on the season
• Turned in best offensive performance at Towson on March 8 with three RBI and a home run
2015 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in 47 games with 45 starts
• Hit five home runs and 23 hits
• Recorded three multi-hit games
• Scored season-high three runs against George Washington on Feb. 21
• Had three hits against Longwood on April 15
• Played one season at Providence
• Led the Friars with seven home runs, 16 RBI, five doubles and a .500 slugging percentage
• Started all 35 games, was second on the team with 13 runs scored and third with 24 runs scored
• Before Providence, was named 2013 AAA Cedar District Player of the Year
• Two-time all-state first team member
• Three-time all-district and two-time all-region selection
• Twice named to Washington PostAll-Met teams
• Played travel ball for Vienna Stars 18U Gold under Tony Rollins
• Helped lead Vienna Stats 18U Gold to the Premiere Nationals in 2012 and 2013
• Four-year member of the honor roll at Broad Run
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars
• Daughter of Colleen and Scott Miller
• Father, Scott, played in the Phillies' minor league system from 1980-83
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Allison Davis Named Second Team All-Region
Softball | 5/17/2018
Senior outfielder Allison Davis added NFCA All-Region accolades to cap impressive career at...
Softball Adds Pair to Incoming Class
Softball | 5/15/2018
Head coach Joanna Hardin announced the additions of Jessica Hanflink and Madi Wilson to the...
Senior Allison Davis Named All-ACC Second Team
Softball | 5/8/2018
After leading the ACC in hits during 2018, veteran Allison Davis garners All-ACC recognition.
Virginia Drops Two to End Season
Softball | 5/1/2018
The 2018 season drew to a close for Virginia, as the Cavaliers fell in both ends of a...
Virginia Closes Season at Liberty
Softball | 4/30/2018
The 2018 softball season draws to a close on Tuesday as Virginia travels to Liberty for a...
Key Hit Eludes Cavaliers in 5-1 Defeat
Softball | 4/29/2018
Virginia outhits Duke, but Cavaliers leave 10 runners aboard in 5-1 loss to close ACC play.
Big First Inning Lifts Duke Over Virginia
Softball | 04/28/2018
Savana Avilla records her first RBI at Virginia, but Duke scores six early to take game two of...
Duke Takes Series Opener in Walk-Off
Softball | 04/27/2018
In the first-ever meeting between Duke and Virginia, Blue Devils walk-off on bloop single.
- Online Stores