Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers take second game, 4-2, after dropping first game, 3-2
Velk hits two home runs in final home game
Cavaliers conclude home ACC schedule
Cavaliers win first game, 3-2, but fall in second, 8-0
2015 (Senior Season)
• Played in 45 games with 30 starts
• Hit 253 with 21 hits
• Recorded three multi-hit games
• Hit two home runs and a career-high four RBI in her final home game against Longwood on April 15
• Launched a walk-off home run against Longwood
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2014 (Junior Season)
• Started 50 games in the outfield
• Led the Cavaliers with 14 stolen bases
• Second on team with 35 hits and 20 runs scored
• Hit first career home run against Georgia Tech on March 12
• Recorded a team-high 10 multi-hit games and three multi-RBI games
• Drove in a career-high three RBI against Fordham and George Mason
• Had two four-game hitting streaks
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2013 (Sophomore Season)
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Started 47 games, 45 in the outfield and most in left field
• Led team with 12 stolen bases (12-for-13)
• Second on team with 25 runs scored
• Recorded eight multi-hit games
• Ended season on a four-game hit streak
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
2012 (Freshman Season)
• Started the first 28 games in right field before suffering a hand injury
• Returned to action as a pinch runner late in the season
VISTA MURRIETA HIGH SCHOOL
• Twice selected to the first team all-league
• First team all-valley selection in 2010
• Second team all-valley in 2011
• Second team All-CIF in 2011
• Selected to play in County All-Star game in 2011
• Received 2011 Vista Murrieta Hall of Fame Award
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Won the Class/MVP award in 2010
• Offensive Player of the Year in 2011
• Stole 82 bases during high school career
• Played for San Diego Power Surge, SoCal Athletics, OC Batbusters, TNL and Desperadoes
• Helped the Batbusters win the Independence Day, Best of the West, ASA Nationals and the Premier/ESPN Rise National Tournaments in 2010
• Offensive Player of the Beach Cities Classic Tournament
• Daughter of Dale and Lori Velk
• Has a younger brother, Trevor
• Dad, Dale, played baseball at Sonoma State
• Enjoys snowboarding, wake boarding, swimming, singing and going to the beach
• Majoring in leadership and public policy
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Hosts JMU in Home Finale
Softball | 4/24/2018
Down to five games remaining in the season, Virginia welcomes James Madison in the final home...
Pitt Completes Sweep with Offensive Explosion
Softball | 4/22/2018
Olivia Gott launched her fourth home run of the weekend, but Pitt scores 12 to take the finale.
Virginia Falls in Walk-Off at Pitt
Softball | 4/21/2018
A pair of home runs helped Virginia rally from an early deficit, but Pittsburgh walks off with 3-...
Cavaliers Upended in Series Opener at Pittsburgh
Softball | 4/20/2018
Olivia Gott hit a pair of home runs to surpass her single-season high in 9-2 loss at Pitt.
Virginia Visits Pittsburgh in ACC Action
Softball | 4/19/2018
Virginia hits the road in the penultimate weekend of ACC play, as Cavaliers face Pittsburgh.
Georgetown's Seven-Run Fifth Downs Virginia
Softball | 4/18/2018
Georgetown scored seven times with two outs in the fifth inning to turn a one-run game into a 15-...
Virginia Opens Road Trip at Georgetown
Softball | 04/17/2018
The Cavaliers play four games on the road this week, beginning Wednesday night against the Hoyas.
Virginia Drops Doubleheader to Close Series
Softball | 04/14/2018
Danni Ingraham closed within three home runs of the Virginia school record, but Cavaliers fall to...
- Online Stores