"It was another great summer in and around our UVa Women's Tennis program," said head coach Mark Guilbeau. "The entire team put in a lot of good practicing and training during their time here in Charlottesville, as well as while at home. Chili certainly topped our summer efforts off with a great amount of competition on the USTA Pro Circuit. She played at an extremely high level throughout and deserved the success she had. We are excited about all of the work the team put in to prepare for another great season. Coach Porco and I were happy to be very busy with our players on the court throughout. As always, Troy did a great job assisting me in working directly with the players on a daily basis. On top of the great tennis in Charlottesville, I was very fortunate to spend two weeks coaching at the WTA level a events in Sweden and Austria during July. It all adds up to a strong summer with valuable progress and learning. It will be a great year ahead!"
• Went 14-6 in singles, with several wins over top 650 ranked WTA players, and reached a #974 world ranking
• Reached the singles final of the USTA $10,000 Pro Circuit event in Cleveland, while also making the doubles quarterfinals with incoming first-year Molly O'Koniewski
• Won doubles title at the Midlothian Summer Championships
• Won singles title at ITA Summer Circuit event in Chapel Hill • Advanced through qualifying and reached the second round of the main draw of the USTA Pro Circuit event in Bethany Beach, Del.
• Was honored at the Professional Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I., as a USTA Junior National Sportsmanship Award winner.
• Advanced through qualifying and reached the main draw of the USTA Pro Circuit event in Atlanta
• Teamed with her father, Craig, to win the National Grass Court Father-Daughter Doubles Championship in Boston, marking the duo's second title in the past three years
'Hoos Look to Break Through at CameronMen's Basketball2/13/16At 4:30 p.m. Saturday, in a game ESPN will televise, No. 7 Virginia meets ACC foe Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, N.C.Post-Signing Day Football NotebookFootball2/12/16The start of spring practice is still more than a month away for UVA football players, whose current focus is the team's winter strength and conditioning program.Rivalry Win Continues Cavaliers' AscentMen's Basketball2/10/16In defeating Virginia Tech for the 10th time in the rivals' past 12 meetings, seventh-ranked Virginia never trailed Tuesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Adds Bleser, Favero, Gullickson With Signing Class
W. Tennis | 11/17/2015
Virginia added a trio of five-star athletes with the latest signing class as head coach Mark...
Collins Falls In Consolation Quarterfinals At NIIC
W. Tennis | 11/14/2015
Senior Danielle Collins fell in the quarterfinals of the consolation round of the ITA National...
Elbaba Falls In Quarterfinals Of National Indoor...
W. Tennis | 11/13/2015
Senior Julia Elbaba advanced to the quarterfinals of singles competition at the ITA National...
Cavaliers Split Action On Day One At ITA National Indoor...
W. Tennis | 11/12/2015
Julia Elbaba advances with a straight-set victory at the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate...
Virginia Opens Play At ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate...
W. Tennis | 11/11/2015
Four members of the Virginia women's tennis team head to New York City to compete at the...
Cavaliers Close Kitty Harrison Invitational With Wins Over Rice
W. Tennis | 11/8/2015
The Virginia women's tennis team went 4-1 in singles action Sunday against the Rice Owls at the...
Virginia Closes Day Two At Kitty Harrison Fall Invitational
W. Tennis | 11/07/2015
Virginia split a pair of matches in doubles with UNC and defeated Maryland in singles play to...
Cavaliers Complete Day One At Kitty Harrison Fall Invitational
W. Tennis | 11/06/2015
Skylar Morton picked up a win over LSU's Skylar Kuykendall on Friday as Virginia opened...
- Online Stores