Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Bausback ties career high with nine blocks
Cavaliers have three hitters with double-digit kills
Match was part of Commonwealth Clash sponsored by Virginia529
Cavaliers improve to 8-3 in ACC play
• Played in 30 matches with 13 starts
• Second on the team with a .291 hitting percentage and a career-high 94 blocks (0.82 bps)
• Tallied a career-high 127 kills
• Set a career high with 11 kills against Navy on Sept. 6
• Notched a career-high nine blocks against VCU on Sept. 20
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 29 matches, including 24 starts
• Third on the team with 71 blocks (0.69 blocks per set)
• Tallied a career-high 87 kills
• Notched a season-high seven blocks against Miami on Nov. 9
• Set a career-high with nine kills in the season finale against Maryland on Nov. 30
• Recordedeight kills on eight attempts against Colorado State on Sept. 6
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 31 matches, including 28 starts
• Led the Cavaliers with 109 blocks (0.99 bps)
• Recorded 89 kills
• Tallied a career-high eight blocks in the home finale against Boston College on Nov. 10
• Hit a career-high eight kills against Clemson on Nov. 3
• Notched five or more blocks nine times
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in one match, at Duke on Nov. 4, earning six blocks
West Morris Central
• A first-team state, all-group 3, all-conference and all-county selection in 2010 for West Morris Central
• The Daily Record and Star Ledger Morris County Player of the Year (2010)
• Set a single-season record with 311 kills while also posting 57 blocks, 146 digs and 30 aces (2010)
• A National Honor Society member and secretary of West Morris Central's Radio Club
• Volunteered at Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
• Parents are Jim and Christy Blair
• Father played club water polo at Vanderbilt University
• Has a brother, Chris, and a sister, Kate
Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Travels to Virginia Tech and Pitt
W. Volleyball | 9/29/2016
The Virginia volleyball team makes its first ACC road trip this weekend, traveling to Virginia...
Virginia Edged by Duke in Five Sets
W. Volleyball | 9/24/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Duke in a close five-set match, 3-2 (22-25, 32-30, 25-22, 24...
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Wake Forest Friday
W. Volleyball | 9/23/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (3-10, 0-1 ACC) fell 3-1 to Wake Forest (5-8, 1-1 ACC) on Friday...
Volleyball Opens ACC Play at Home
W. Volleyball | 9/22/2016
The Virginia volleyball team returns home to host Wake Forest and Duke this weekend in Memorial...
Virginia Edged by College of Charleston 3-2
W. Volleyball | 9/17/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell in a close five-set match to College of Charleston, 3-2 (19-25,...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Washington State
W. Volleyball | 9/17/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (3-8) fell 3-0 (25-10-25-15, 25-16) to Washington State (8-1) on...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Baylor
W. Volleyball | 09/16/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (3-7) fell 3-0 (25-20, 25-14, 25-14) to Baylor (8-4) on Friday night...
Volleyball Competes in Baylor Classic This Weekend
W. Volleyball | 09/15/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (3-6) closes out the non-conference schedule at the Baylor Classic...
- Online Stores