Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Cavaliers fight off three match points in fifth set
Cavaliers face Northwestern Saturday
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
• Played in 13 matches
• Tallied two kills against UMBC (9/18)
• Recorded a block against Wake Forest (10/30)
• Played in 13 matches with two starts
• Earned 21 kills and nine blocks in 23 sets
• Hit .500 with five kills and no errors in collegiate debut against Loyola-Chicago on Sept. 12
• Notched a season-high eight kills at Virginia Tech on Oct. 12
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Member of the 2012 U.S. Junior National Team that finished third at the 2012 NORCECA Championship
• No. 54 on PrepVolleyball.com's Senior Aces list
• Two-time Central Suburban League All-Conference Team member
• Named to Chicago Sun Times All-Central Team
• Member of 2013 USA Volleyball A1 Junior National Team
• PrepVolleyball.com "Next 35 Top Juniors" in 2012
• 2012 Pioneer Press All-Area Second Team
• Helped lead New Trier to second place at the Illinois State Championships in 2012 and third place in 2013
• Four-year honor roll student at New Trier
• A New Trier Scholar-Athlete in 2013-14
• Played club for Wildcat Juniors 18 Black, which finished fifth in the 18 Open division at the AAU National Championships
• Daughter of Mindy and Bill Fauntleroy
• Has two sisters, Katie and Callie, and a brother Billy
• Older sister, Katie, plays volleyball at Colgate
Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.Diakite Growing Into Larger RoleMen's Basketball11/29/16Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6 Virginia, which hosts Ohio State at JPJ on Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jasmine Burton Earns All-ACC Honors
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2016
Senior Jasmine Burton was named to the All-ACC Second Team the league announced on Monday (Nov. 28).
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Pitt in Season Finale
W. Volleyball | 11/26/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pitt, 3-1 (25-17, 18-25, 25-17, 25-11) to close the 2016...
Virginia Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/25/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short on Senior Night against Virginia Tech, 3-2, Friday...
Virginia Hosts Virginia Tech, Pitt to Close Regular Season
W. Volleyball | 11/23/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will close its regular season at home this weekend as it hosts...
Volleyball Match with Pitt Moved to 5 p.m. Start
W. Volleyball | 11/22/2016
The start time for the Saturday, Nov. 26, game between the Virginia volleyball team and Pitt has ...
Virginia’s Comeback Falls Short at NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short in a five set match at NC State, 3-2 (25-16, 25-23, 24-26...
Virginia Falls 3-0 at No. 6 North Carolina
W. Volleyball | 11/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (28-26, 25-16, 25-18) at No. 6 North Carolina on Friday...
Virginia Closes Road Slate at No. 6 North Carolina, NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/17/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (7-21, 4-12 ACC) closes its play on the road at No. 6 North Carolina...
- Online Stores