Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Cavaliers return home to host Virginia Tech on Nov. 14
Cavaliers come from behind for second-consecutive night
Cavaliers play at Virginia Tech on Sunday
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
• Played in 30 matches, starting 22
• Tallied 217 digs and added 13 service aces
• Picked up double figure digs in nine matches
• Had a career-high 18 digs against Appalachian State (9/5)
• Tallied a service ace in 10 matches
• Played in all 31 matches with 11 starts
• Second on the team with a career-high 310 digs (2.50 dps)
• Earned 14 service aces
• Recorded double-digit digs in 18 matches
• Notched a career-high 18 digs against VCU on Sept. 20
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in all 32 matches
• Recorded 231 digs, the fifth-most on the team
• Notched double-digit digs in 10 matches
• Served up 26 aces and tallied 53 assists
• Recorded a double-double against James Madison with 10 assists and 12 digs
• Notched a season-high 13 digs against both UC Santa Barbara and Florida State
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Named to Virginia's Capital District First Team from 2009-2012
• Recognized on Richmond Times-Dispatch All-Metro First Team 2010-12
• Named to Virginia's Central Region First Team 2010 and 2012 and to second team in 2011
• Earned Girl's Volleyball Capital District and Central Region All-Academic Award from 2009-12
• Was the Capital District Player of the Year in 2010
• Named to honor roll all four years at Atlee
• Member of the National Honor and National Spanish Honor Societies
• Organized Atlee's "Serve-A-Thon" that raised money to benefit the Children's Hospital of Richmond
• Played club for Richmond Volleyball Club
• Also played basketball at Atlee and was named to the Capital District Second Team in 2010
• Daughter of Ratchada and Anthony Suber
• Has two older sisters, Anora Suber and Narissa Taylor
• Father, Anthony, played baseball and basketball at Robert Morris
• Mother, Ratchada, played volleyball at Catholic University
• Both sisters played basketball at Drexel
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Volleyball Adds Chino Anukwuem for 2016 Class
W. Volleyball | 4/18/2016
Virginia volleyball head coach Dennis Hohenshelt announced that Chino Anukwuem (East Hanover, N.J...
Virginia Volleyball Announces Spring Schedule
W. Volleyball | 2/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will compete in three tournaments for the 2016 spring season, head...
Haley Kole Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Volleyball | 2/8/2016
Virginia volleyball junior Haley Kole (Tallahassee, Fla.) was named to the ACC All-Academic...
Virginia Volleyball Earns VaSID Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/18/2015
Virginia volleyball freshman Anna Walsh (Grapevine, Texas) was named the Virginia State Rookie of...
Fuller Earns AVCA Honorable Mention All-America Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/16/2015
Virginia volleyball senior Lauren Fuller (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) earned 2015 AVCA Honorable...
Fuller, Walsh Earn AVCA All-Region Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/8/2015
Senior Lauren Fuller (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) and freshman Anna Walsh (Grapevine, Texas) earned ...
Volleyball Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2015
The Virginia volleyball team came back to send the match to a tie-breaking fifth set, but fell...
Virginia Volleyball Falls to Pitt, 3-0
W. Volleyball | 11/27/2015
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pittsburgh, 3-0 (25-21, 25-17, 25-15) on Friday night at the...
- Online Stores