Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Cavaliers return home to host Virginia Tech on Nov. 14
Cavaliers come from behind for second-consecutive night
Cavaliers play at Virginia Tech on Sunday
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
• Played in 30 matches, starting 22
• Tallied 217 digs and added 13 service aces
• Picked up double figure digs in nine matches
• Had a career-high 18 digs against Appalachian State (9/5)
• Tallied a service ace in 10 matches
• Played in all 31 matches with 11 starts
• Second on the team with a career-high 310 digs (2.50 dps)
• Earned 14 service aces
• Recorded double-digit digs in 18 matches
• Notched a career-high 18 digs against VCU on Sept. 20
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in all 32 matches
• Recorded 231 digs, the fifth-most on the team
• Notched double-digit digs in 10 matches
• Served up 26 aces and tallied 53 assists
• Recorded a double-double against James Madison with 10 assists and 12 digs
• Notched a season-high 13 digs against both UC Santa Barbara and Florida State
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Named to Virginia's Capital District First Team from 2009-2012
• Recognized on Richmond Times-Dispatch All-Metro First Team 2010-12
• Named to Virginia's Central Region First Team 2010 and 2012 and to second team in 2011
• Earned Girl's Volleyball Capital District and Central Region All-Academic Award from 2009-12
• Was the Capital District Player of the Year in 2010
• Named to honor roll all four years at Atlee
• Member of the National Honor and National Spanish Honor Societies
• Organized Atlee's "Serve-A-Thon" that raised money to benefit the Children's Hospital of Richmond
• Played club for Richmond Volleyball Club
• Also played basketball at Atlee and was named to the Capital District Second Team in 2010
• Daughter of Ratchada and Anthony Suber
• Has two older sisters, Anora Suber and Narissa Taylor
• Father, Anthony, played baseball and basketball at Robert Morris
• Mother, Ratchada, played volleyball at Catholic University
• Both sisters played basketball at Drexel
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jasmine Burton Earns All-ACC Honors
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2016
Senior Jasmine Burton was named to the All-ACC Second Team the league announced on Monday (Nov. 28).
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Pitt in Season Finale
W. Volleyball | 11/26/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pitt, 3-1 (25-17, 18-25, 25-17, 25-11) to close the 2016...
Virginia Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/25/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short on Senior Night against Virginia Tech, 3-2, Friday...
Virginia Hosts Virginia Tech, Pitt to Close Regular Season
W. Volleyball | 11/23/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will close its regular season at home this weekend as it hosts...
Volleyball Match with Pitt Moved to 5 p.m. Start
W. Volleyball | 11/22/2016
The start time for the Saturday, Nov. 26, game between the Virginia volleyball team and Pitt has ...
Virginia’s Comeback Falls Short at NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short in a five set match at NC State, 3-2 (25-16, 25-23, 24-26...
Virginia Falls 3-0 at No. 6 North Carolina
W. Volleyball | 11/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (28-26, 25-16, 25-18) at No. 6 North Carolina on Friday...
Virginia Closes Road Slate at No. 6 North Carolina, NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/17/2016
The Virginia volleyball team (7-21, 4-12 ACC) closes its play on the road at No. 6 North Carolina...
- Online Stores