Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Janowski reaches 1,000 career kills at UVa
Cavaliers face East Tennessee State and VCU Saturday
Learn more about UVa's four junios
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Appeared in and started 30 matches
• Fourth on the team with 254 kills (2.40 per set)
• Led UVA with 38 service aces
• Tied school record with nine aces against Pittsburgh (10/2)
• Had multiple service aces in 11 matches
• Record double-digit kills in 12 matches
• Added 35 blocks and 57 digs on the season
• Had a season-high 18 kills against American (9/19)
• Played in 25 matches with 17 starts
• Third on the team with 2.80 kills per set (196 total)
• Notched 12 double-digit kill matches
• Recorded 23 aces
• Averaged 0.33 aces/set, ranking 5th in the ACC
• Matched her career-high of 21 kills twice against LIU and Clemson
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in 17 matches
• Earned 15 kills
• Recorded a season-high six kills against James Madison on Aug. 31
• Played in all 31 matches, including 20 starts
• Earned 263 kills, the third-most on the squad
• Tallied double-digit kills 11 times
• Hit a season-high 21 kills and four blocks in a five-set win over James Madison on Oct. 16
• Also hit 20 kills in a five-set win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 2
• A Prep Volleyball Senior Ace
• Recognized on AVCA Under Armour All-American Watch List
• Listed as a Prep Volleyball Soph 79 in her sophomore year
• A 2011 AAU National All-American after leading Point West Volleyball Club to a 5th-place finish
• A three-time All-Marmonte League First Team selection
• A three-time All-Ventura County Second Team honoree
• A three-year varsity starter for Moorpark
• Named to 2011 SCVA European Global Challenge Team and 2010 SCVA High Performance Jr. Team
• Daughter of Dean and Debbie Sears
• Has a brother, Justin
• List some of favorite hobbies as hiking, swimming and traveling
'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.Tyson Finds Perfect Fit at UVAWomen's Squash1/18/18Annie Tyson, who also starred in lacrosse in high school, is one of the leaders of the UVA women's squash team.No. 3 Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Sarah Billiard Named to ACC All-Freshman Team
W. Volleyball | 11/27/2017
Virginia volleyball outside hitter Sarah Billiard (Matthews, N.C.) was named to the ACC All-Fresh...
Virginia Closes Season with 3-0 Loss to Pitt
W. Volleyball | 11/25/2017
The Virginia volleyball team dropped its season finale 3-0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-19) to Pitt on...
Virginia Hosts Pitt in Season Finale
W. Volleyball | 11/24/2017
The Virginia volleyball team (7-23, 3-16 ACC) will host Pitt (23-6, 16-2 ACC) on Saturday (Nov....
Virginia Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/22/2017
The Virginia volleyball team was edged 3-2 by Virginia Tech on Wednesday afternoon in Cassell...
Virginia Plays at Virginia Tech Wednesday
W. Volleyball | 11/21/2017
The Virginia volleyball team closes out its road schedule at Virginia Tech on Wednesday in...
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Florida State
W. Volleyball | 11/19/2017
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-1 (16-25, 25-18, 25-23, 25-19) to Florida State on Sunday...
Virginia's Comeback Falls Short Against Miami
W. Volleyball | 11/17/2017
The Virginia volleyball team came back to win the third and fourth sets but Miami held on to take...
Virginia Entertains Miami, Florida State
W. Volleyball | 11/16/2017
The Virginia volleyball team (7-20, 3-13 ACC) hosts two of its final three home matches this...
- Online Stores