Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Janowski reaches 1,000 career kills at UVa
Cavaliers face East Tennessee State and VCU Saturday
Learn more about UVa's four junios
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Appeared in and started 30 matches
• Fourth on the team with 254 kills (2.40 per set)
• Led UVA with 38 service aces
• Tied school record with nine aces against Pittsburgh (10/2)
• Had multiple service aces in 11 matches
• Record double-digit kills in 12 matches
• Added 35 blocks and 57 digs on the season
• Had a season-high 18 kills against American (9/19)
• Played in 25 matches with 17 starts
• Third on the team with 2.80 kills per set (196 total)
• Notched 12 double-digit kill matches
• Recorded 23 aces
• Averaged 0.33 aces/set, ranking 5th in the ACC
• Matched her career-high of 21 kills twice against LIU and Clemson
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in 17 matches
• Earned 15 kills
• Recorded a season-high six kills against James Madison on Aug. 31
• Played in all 31 matches, including 20 starts
• Earned 263 kills, the third-most on the squad
• Tallied double-digit kills 11 times
• Hit a season-high 21 kills and four blocks in a five-set win over James Madison on Oct. 16
• Also hit 20 kills in a five-set win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 2
• A Prep Volleyball Senior Ace
• Recognized on AVCA Under Armour All-American Watch List
• Listed as a Prep Volleyball Soph 79 in her sophomore year
• A 2011 AAU National All-American after leading Point West Volleyball Club to a 5th-place finish
• A three-time All-Marmonte League First Team selection
• A three-time All-Ventura County Second Team honoree
• A three-year varsity starter for Moorpark
• Named to 2011 SCVA European Global Challenge Team and 2010 SCVA High Performance Jr. Team
• Daughter of Dean and Debbie Sears
• Has a brother, Justin
• List some of favorite hobbies as hiking, swimming and traveling
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jasmine Burton Receives AVCA All-Region Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/6/2016
Virginia volleyball senior Jasmine Burton earned AVCA All-East Coast Regional Honorable Mention...
Jasmine Burton Earns All-ACC Honors
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2016
Senior Jasmine Burton was named to the All-ACC Second Team the league announced on Monday (Nov. 28).
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Pitt in Season Finale
W. Volleyball | 11/26/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pitt, 3-1 (25-17, 18-25, 25-17, 25-11) to close the 2016...
Virginia Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/25/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short on Senior Night against Virginia Tech, 3-2, Friday...
Virginia Hosts Virginia Tech, Pitt to Close Regular Season
W. Volleyball | 11/23/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will close its regular season at home this weekend as it hosts...
Volleyball Match with Pitt Moved to 5 p.m. Start
W. Volleyball | 11/22/2016
The start time for the Saturday, Nov. 26, game between the Virginia volleyball team and Pitt has ...
Virginia’s Comeback Falls Short at NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short in a five set match at NC State, 3-2 (25-16, 25-23, 24-26...
Virginia Falls 3-0 at No. 6 North Carolina
W. Volleyball | 11/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (28-26, 25-16, 25-18) at No. 6 North Carolina on Friday...
- Online Stores