Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Janowski reaches 1,000 career kills at UVa
Cavaliers face East Tennessee State and VCU Saturday
Learn more about UVa's four junios
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Appeared in and started 30 matches
• Fourth on the team with 254 kills (2.40 per set)
• Led UVA with 38 service aces
• Tied school record with nine aces against Pittsburgh (10/2)
• Had multiple service aces in 11 matches
• Record double-digit kills in 12 matches
• Added 35 blocks and 57 digs on the season
• Had a season-high 18 kills against American (9/19)
• Played in 25 matches with 17 starts
• Third on the team with 2.80 kills per set (196 total)
• Notched 12 double-digit kill matches
• Recorded 23 aces
• Averaged 0.33 aces/set, ranking 5th in the ACC
• Matched her career-high of 21 kills twice against LIU and Clemson
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in 17 matches
• Earned 15 kills
• Recorded a season-high six kills against James Madison on Aug. 31
• Played in all 31 matches, including 20 starts
• Earned 263 kills, the third-most on the squad
• Tallied double-digit kills 11 times
• Hit a season-high 21 kills and four blocks in a five-set win over James Madison on Oct. 16
• Also hit 20 kills in a five-set win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 2
• A Prep Volleyball Senior Ace
• Recognized on AVCA Under Armour All-American Watch List
• Listed as a Prep Volleyball Soph 79 in her sophomore year
• A 2011 AAU National All-American after leading Point West Volleyball Club to a 5th-place finish
• A three-time All-Marmonte League First Team selection
• A three-time All-Ventura County Second Team honoree
• A three-year varsity starter for Moorpark
• Named to 2011 SCVA European Global Challenge Team and 2010 SCVA High Performance Jr. Team
• Daughter of Dean and Debbie Sears
• Has a brother, Justin
• List some of favorite hobbies as hiking, swimming and traveling
North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Miami
W. Volleyball | 10/22/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (25-19, 26-24, 25-18) to Miami on Saturday night in...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to No. 12 Florida State
W. Volleyball | 10/21/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (27-25, 25-22, 25-16) to No. 12 Florida State on Friday...
Virginia Volleyball hosts No. 12 Florida State, Miami
W. Volleyball | 10/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team hosts No. 12 Florida State on Friday at 7 p.m. and Miami on Saturday...
Virginia Falls 3-1 at Duke
W. Volleyball | 10/15/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-1 (25-20, 28-30, 25-23, 25-20) to Duke on Saturday night at...
Virginia’s Rally Falls Short at Wake Forest
W. Volleyball | 10/14/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell in a five-set battle at Wake Forest, 3-2 (25-21, 25-21, 20-25, ...
Volleyball Battles Demon Deacons, Blue Devils on the Road
W. Volleyball | 10/13/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will play at Wake Forest on Friday (Oct. 14) at 7:30 p.m. and at...
Virginia Defeats Clemson in Straight Sets
W. Volleyball | 10/08/2016
Seniors Jasmine Burton and Haley Kole lead the Virginia volleyball team to a sweep over Clemson...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Georgia Tech
W. Volleyball | 10/07/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-22) to Georgia Tech on Friday night in...
- Online Stores