Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Janowski reaches 1,000 career kills at UVa
Cavaliers face East Tennessee State and VCU Saturday
Learn more about UVa's four junios
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Played in 25 matches with 17 starts
• Third on the team with 2.80 kills per set (196 total)
• Notched 12 double-digit kill matches
• Recorded 23 aces
• Averaged 0.33 aces/set, ranking 5th in the ACC
• Matched her career-high of 21 kills twice against LIU and Clemson
• Named to the Marshall Thunder Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Played in 17 matches
• Earned 15 kills
• Recorded a season-high six kills against James Madison on Aug. 31
• Played in all 31 matches, including 20 starts
• Earned 263 kills, the third-most on the squad
• Tallied double-digit kills 11 times
• Hit a season-high 21 kills and four blocks in a five-set win over James Madison on Oct. 16
• Also hit 20 kills in a five-set win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 2
• A Prep Volleyball Senior Ace
• Recognized on AVCA Under Armour All-American Watch List
• Listed as a Prep Volleyball Soph 79 in her sophomore year
• A 2011 AAU National All-American after leading Point West Volleyball Club to a 5th-place finish
• A three-time All-Marmonte League First Team selection
• A three-time All-Ventura County Second Team honoree
• A three-year varsity starter for Moorpark
• Named to 2011 SCVA European Global Challenge Team and 2010 SCVA High Performance Jr. Team
• Daughter of Dean and Debbie Sears
• Has a brother, Justin
• List some of favorite hobbies as hiking, swimming and traveling
Cavalier Football: Virginia Tech PostscriptFootball11/29/15Virginia's sixth season under head coach Mike London ended Saturday with a 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium.End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Volleyball Inks Five Signees
W. Volleyball | 11/16/2015
Virginia volleyball head coach Dennis Hohenshelt announced Monday (Nov. 16) that Kiley Banker (We...
Volleyball Sweeps Georgia Tech, 3-0
W. Volleyball | 11/14/2015
For the second-straight night, the Virginia volleyball team notched double-digit blocks as the...
Virginia Tops Clemson, 3-1, Friday Night
W. Volleyball | 11/13/2015
The Virginia volleyball team used a balanced attack with four players recording double-figure...
Volleyball Plays Host To Clemson, Georgia Tech
W. Volleyball | 11/12/2015
The Virginia volleyball team will begin a four-match home stand this weekend when it hosts...
Virginia Falls to No. 17 Florida State, 3-0
W. Volleyball | 11/8/2015
Senior Natalie Basuback (Carlsbad, Calif.) reached 1,000 career kills on Sunday afternoon as the ...
Virginia Suffers 3-0 Loss at Miami
W. Volleyball | 11/6/2015
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Miami, 3-0 (25-20, 25-11, 25-17) on Friday night at the...
Cavaliers on the Road at Miami, No. 17 Florida State
W. Volleyball | 11/05/2015
The Virginia volleyball team is back on the road as it travels to Miami on Friday (Nov. 6) at 7 p...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match to Duke
W. Volleyball | 10/31/2015
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Duke in straight-sets, 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-14) on Saturday...
- Online Stores