Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Cavaliers finish with a 17-14 overall record, 10-8 in conference play
Cavaliers have three hitters with double-digit kills
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
• Played in all 31 matches at libero
• Tallied 434 digs (3.74 per set)
• Third on the team with 30 service aces
• Started the season with double-figure digs in 15-straight matches
• Had 20 or more digs in six matches
• Matched career-high with 25 digs against American (9/19) and Clemson (11/13)
• Named to American Classic All-Tournament MVP
• Named to Cavalier Classic All-Tournament Team
• Played in all 31 matches
• Led Cavaliers with a career-high 375 digs (3.02 dps)
• Tallied 22 service aces
• Earned double-digit digs in 20 matches
• Notched a career-high 25 digs against Youngstown State on Sept. 12
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in all 32 matches, including 26 starts
• Recorded 242 digs, the fourth-most on the team
• Served up 33 aces, the second-most on the squad
• Tallied 10 or more digs in seven matches
• Recorded a season-high 21 digs against Miami on Nov. 9
• Served a season-high three aces against Ohio on Sept. 14
• Captain of St. Francis' Illinois 3A State Championship squad in 2012
• Aided St. Francis in reaching state semifinals in 2011
• A 2013 Illinois Scholar
• Named to the First Honor Roll all four years at St. Francis
• Winner of the Rotary Youth Leadership Award
• Played club for First Alliance VBC
• Daughter of Lora and Doug Riccolo
• Has an older brother, Nick, and a younger sister, Leah
• Uncle, Nick DiNapoli played football for the Air Force Academy
• Has won multiple awards for art work
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jasmine Burton Receives AVCA All-Region Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/6/2016
Virginia volleyball senior Jasmine Burton earned AVCA All-East Coast Regional Honorable Mention...
Jasmine Burton Earns All-ACC Honors
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2016
Senior Jasmine Burton was named to the All-ACC Second Team the league announced on Monday (Nov. 28).
Virginia Falls 3-1 to Pitt in Season Finale
W. Volleyball | 11/26/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pitt, 3-1 (25-17, 18-25, 25-17, 25-11) to close the 2016...
Virginia Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/25/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short on Senior Night against Virginia Tech, 3-2, Friday...
Virginia Hosts Virginia Tech, Pitt to Close Regular Season
W. Volleyball | 11/23/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will close its regular season at home this weekend as it hosts...
Volleyball Match with Pitt Moved to 5 p.m. Start
W. Volleyball | 11/22/2016
The start time for the Saturday, Nov. 26, game between the Virginia volleyball team and Pitt has ...
Virginia’s Comeback Falls Short at NC State
W. Volleyball | 11/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell short in a five set match at NC State, 3-2 (25-16, 25-23, 24-26...
Virginia Falls 3-0 at No. 6 North Carolina
W. Volleyball | 11/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (28-26, 25-16, 25-18) at No. 6 North Carolina on Friday...
- Online Stores