Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Cavaliers come from behind for second-consecutive night
Cavalier offense has best hitting percentage of the season
Cavaliers open ACC play Sept. 26 at home against Clemson.
• Appeared in 17 matches
• Recorded nine digs and four service aces
• Had a season-high two digs against NC State (10/10) and Wake Forest (10/30)
• Lanced a season-high two service aces against NC State (11/20)
• Played in 29 matches with 11 starts
• Earned a career-high 21 aces and 211 digs
• Notched double-digit digs in seven matches
• Tallied a career-high 24 digs against Liberty
• Played in eight matches, all ACC contests, after missing the early part of the season injured
• Mostly a serving sub, recorded two service aces and four digs
• Played in 24 matches, including six starts
• Recorded 94 digs and 18 service aces
• Tallied double-digit digs three times
• Also hit six and five kills in wins over Liberty and James Madison, respectively
• Notched a season-high 14 digs against the Dukes on Oct. 16
• Served a season-high three aces at Maryland on Sept. 30
• Helped lead Marymount to back-to-back Division 1A CIF California Championships
• Named to the 2011-12 California Division 1 All-State team
• Helped Marymount advance to the Division 1 state championship match
• Played for Coach Cari Klein at Marymount
• Daughter of Nicholas and Susan Fuller
• Has two sisters, Lauren and Linea
• Twin sister, Lauren, also plays volleyball at Virginia
• Lists favorite hobbies as going to the beach and playing beach volleyball
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Smith Eager to Make Most of Opportunity
W. Volleyball | 3/9/2017
After five seasons as an assistant on Virginia's volleyball team, Aaron Smith, 32, took over as...
Virginia Volleyball Hosts Spring Match
W. Volleyball | 3/8/2017
The Virginia volleyball team released its 2017 spring schedule on Wednesday, which includes a...
Volleyball Adds Hannah Barcus for 2017 Class
W. Volleyball | 3/2/2017
Virginia volleyball head coach Aaron Smith announced that Hannah Barcus (Virginia Beach, Va.)...
Virginia Volleyball Retains Stephanie Ross
W. Volleyball | 2/28/2017
Head Virginia volleyball coach Aaron Smith announced on Tuesday (Feb. 28) that assistant coach...
Volleyball adds Megan Wilson
W. Volleyball | 2/10/2017
Virginia volleyball head coach Aaron Smith announced Megan Wilson will join the 2017 incoming...
Haley Kole Named to All-ACC Academic Team
W. Volleyball | 2/9/2017
Virginia volleyball senior Haley Kole (Tallahassee, Fla.) has been named to the 2017 All-ACC...
Virginia Names Aaron Smith Head Volleyball Coach
W. Volleyball | 02/08/2017
Virginia acting director of athletics Jon Oliver announced that Aaron Smith has been named the...
Dennis Hohenshelt Resigns as Virginia Head Volleyball Coach
W. Volleyball | 01/19/2017
University of Virginia acting director of athletics Jon Oliver announced today the resignation of...
- Online Stores