Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Bausback ties career high with nine blocks
Cavaliers have three hitters with double-digit kills
Match was part of Commonwealth Clash sponsored by Virginia529
Cavaliers improve to 8-3 in ACC play
• Played in 30 matches with 13 starts
• Second on the team with a .291 hitting percentage and a career-high 94 blocks (0.82 bps)
• Tallied a career-high 127 kills
• Set a career high with 11 kills against Navy on Sept. 6
• Notched a career-high nine blocks against VCU on Sept. 20
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 29 matches, including 24 starts
• Third on the team with 71 blocks (0.69 blocks per set)
• Tallied a career-high 87 kills
• Notched a season-high seven blocks against Miami on Nov. 9
• Set a career-high with nine kills in the season finale against Maryland on Nov. 30
• Recordedeight kills on eight attempts against Colorado State on Sept. 6
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 31 matches, including 28 starts
• Led the Cavaliers with 109 blocks (0.99 bps)
• Recorded 89 kills
• Tallied a career-high eight blocks in the home finale against Boston College on Nov. 10
• Hit a career-high eight kills against Clemson on Nov. 3
• Notched five or more blocks nine times
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in one match, at Duke on Nov. 4, earning six blocks
West Morris Central
• A first-team state, all-group 3, all-conference and all-county selection in 2010 for West Morris Central
• The Daily Record and Star Ledger Morris County Player of the Year (2010)
• Set a single-season record with 311 kills while also posting 57 blocks, 146 digs and 30 aces (2010)
• A National Honor Society member and secretary of West Morris Central's Radio Club
• Volunteered at Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
• Parents are Jim and Christy Blair
• Father played club water polo at Vanderbilt University
• Has a brother, Chris, and a sister, Kate
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Miami
W. Volleyball | 10/22/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (25-19, 26-24, 25-18) to Miami on Saturday night in...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to No. 12 Florida State
W. Volleyball | 10/21/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (27-25, 25-22, 25-16) to No. 12 Florida State on Friday...
Virginia Volleyball hosts No. 12 Florida State, Miami
W. Volleyball | 10/20/2016
The Virginia volleyball team hosts No. 12 Florida State on Friday at 7 p.m. and Miami on Saturday...
Virginia Falls 3-1 at Duke
W. Volleyball | 10/15/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-1 (25-20, 28-30, 25-23, 25-20) to Duke on Saturday night at...
Virginia’s Rally Falls Short at Wake Forest
W. Volleyball | 10/14/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell in a five-set battle at Wake Forest, 3-2 (25-21, 25-21, 20-25, ...
Volleyball Battles Demon Deacons, Blue Devils on the Road
W. Volleyball | 10/13/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will play at Wake Forest on Friday (Oct. 14) at 7:30 p.m. and at...
Virginia Defeats Clemson in Straight Sets
W. Volleyball | 10/08/2016
Seniors Jasmine Burton and Haley Kole lead the Virginia volleyball team to a sweep over Clemson...
Virginia Falls 3-0 to Georgia Tech
W. Volleyball | 10/07/2016
The Virginia volleyball team fell 3-0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-22) to Georgia Tech on Friday night in...
- Online Stores