Daily account from student-athletes in preseason
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catch up with the Cavaliers throughout the spring
Fuller earns first-team honors, Bausback and Burton named to second team
Cavaliers finish with a 17-14 overall record, 10-8 in conference play
Volleyball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. Louisville (by Kelsey Grant)
Volleyball vs. Appalachian State (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. VCU (by Matt Riley)
Volleyball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
• Played in all 31 matches with 29 starts
• Led Cavaliers with a .368 hitting percentage, the second-highest single-season mark in school history
• Hit .367 in ACC play, ranked 6th overall in the conference
• Led team with a career-high 119 blocks and 0.96 blocks per set
• Third on team with 287 kills
• Recorded a season-high 18 kills against Youngstown State on Sept. 12
• Matched a career-high with nine blocks against Eastern Michigan and Pitt
• Named the MVP of the Marshall Thunder Invitational and the Cavalier Classic
• Earned the Coaches Award for Excellence
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Moved to middle hitter for conference play and played in 30 matches, with 19 starts
• Led the Cavaliers with 91 blocks, 88 coming in ACC play (1.10 blocks per set)
• Second on the squad with a .296 hitting percentage
• Recorded 151 kills, including reaching double-digit kills five times
• Tallied a season-high 17 kills against both Notre Dame and Virginia Tech in back-to-back matches
• Notched a career-high nine blocks against Boston College on Oct. 12
• Named to the ACC All-Freshman squad
• Led the Cavaliers with 296 kills, the ninth-most in UVa freshman history
• Served 27 aces, tied for first on the squad, and had 156 digs, the third-most on the team
• Tallied 998 attacks, the fourth-most in Virginia freshman history
• Recorded double-digit kills 11 times and double-digit digs three times
• Notched two double-doubles
• Recorded a season-high 22 kills and seven blocks in a four-set win over Wake Forest on Oct. 20
• Served a season-high five digs in a three-set win over Delaware on Sept. 1
• A 2011 Prep Volleyball High School All-America First Team selection
• Recognized on the 2011 Prep Volleyball Senior Ace list and the 2009 Soph 79 list
• Helped La Costa Canyon win four consecutive San Diego Section CIF Championships
• Was a two-time CIF MVP in 2009 and 2011
• Helped lead La Costa Canyon to the California Division II State final
• Named the team MVP of the state championship finals and to the All-Tournament team
• Two-time MVP for La Costa Canyon
• A three-time All-San Diego County selection
• A three-time All-Avocado League honoree
• The 2011 Avocado League Player of the Year
• The 2011 North County Times Player of the Year
• A three-time member of the National Honor Society and the California Scholarship Federation
• Given the 2012 Outstanding Maverick Award for athletic and academic achievement
• Daughter of Jeanell and Kurt Bausback
• Has a brother, Luke
• Father, Kurt, competed at the 1988 Olympic Games in rowing
• Brother, Luke, plays volleyball for Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
• Grandfather played football and basketball at Nebraska
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Volleyball Adds Chino Anukwuem for 2016 Class
W. Volleyball | 4/18/2016
Virginia volleyball head coach Dennis Hohenshelt announced that Chino Anukwuem (East Hanover, N.J...
Virginia Volleyball Announces Spring Schedule
W. Volleyball | 2/18/2016
The Virginia volleyball team will compete in three tournaments for the 2016 spring season, head...
Haley Kole Named to ACC All-Academic Team
W. Volleyball | 2/8/2016
Virginia volleyball junior Haley Kole (Tallahassee, Fla.) was named to the ACC All-Academic...
Virginia Volleyball Earns VaSID Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/18/2015
Virginia volleyball freshman Anna Walsh (Grapevine, Texas) was named the Virginia State Rookie of...
Fuller Earns AVCA Honorable Mention All-America Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/16/2015
Virginia volleyball senior Lauren Fuller (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) earned 2015 AVCA Honorable...
Fuller, Walsh Earn AVCA All-Region Honors
W. Volleyball | 12/8/2015
Senior Lauren Fuller (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) and freshman Anna Walsh (Grapevine, Texas) earned ...
Volleyball Edged by Virginia Tech, 3-2
W. Volleyball | 11/28/2015
The Virginia volleyball team came back to send the match to a tie-breaking fifth set, but fell...
Virginia Volleyball Falls to Pitt, 3-0
W. Volleyball | 11/27/2015
The Virginia volleyball team fell to Pittsburgh, 3-0 (25-21, 25-17, 25-15) on Friday night at the...
- Online Stores