SHOTS - Student Ticketing 101
All on-grounds, degree-seeking students, with the exception of those assessed the special session fee, have ticket opportunities for all regular season home athletic events. Students paying special session fees, who want access to ticket opportunities, may pay the Athletics portion of the Mandatory Fees or purchase tickets at the Athletics Ticket Office. Please note that admission to postseason tournament events held at the University (including NCAA Tournament games) and away games is not included in the student athletics fee.
Banners, signs and flags are allowed in athletics venues provided they do not impede another guest's view of the competition, cover any venue signage, and/or are not attached to the facility. Banners, signs, and flags on poles or sticks are prohibited. Athletics Event Management reserves the right to remove any banner, sign, or flag that is in violation of the policy.
Admission is subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. All persons entering the stadium will be subject to a visual search by stadium personnel before entering the gates. Event staff will also examine the contents of personal handbags. Guests will be asked to open their bags providing event staff the opportunity to observe the contents. If an item needs to be removed so the event staff member can see the remaining items in the bag, the guest will be asked to remove the item. The same procedure will be followed for items in a guest's pockets. The guest will be asked to remove the item so the staff member can observe the pocket's contents. If a guest is wearing a jacket, he/she will be asked to unzip the jacket and hold it open so that event staff can visually observe inside the jacket.
Information unique to each ticketed sport may be found below.
- To gain admission to football games, students must present a valid UVa student ID card at the student gate (located at the North Gate of Scott Stadium). The designated UVA student section is located in portions of Sections 101-105 (East Lower Level) and 501-503 (East Upper Level). Students may also sit on the grass hillside behind the North end zone. All student seating is on a first-come, first-served basis within the designated student sections.
- UVa students may purchase Student Guest tickets for all regular season home games - click here to purchase Student Guest tickets online. Guest tickets may also be purchased at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Guest tickets offer seating in the regular student sections on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Capacity for student admissions and Student Guest tickets for home football games at Scott Stadium is 13,000. Once 13,000 students and Student Guest ticket holders have entered Scott Stadium, no additional students will be admitted to the stadium. Student Guest ticket holders may enter Scott Stadium at any time after the gates open.
- Away game tickets are available for purchase beginning July 22 at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall and online at VirginiaSports.com, subject to availability. Ticket prices are set by the home team and no student discounts are available.
- Students utilize the Men's Basketball online ticketing system to request tickets for games. Specific ticket request and claim periods are set each fall for students to have the opportunity to obtain tickets to home games. Click here to visit the Men's Basketball Ticketing page.
- Should the demand for any game exceed the supply of available tickets, a lottery will be held to determine which students will have the opportunity to claim tickets to that game. Tickets not claimed by students during the lottery process will first be offered to registered students who did not have the opportunity to claim tickets, and then (if available) on demand to students who have not registered.
- Students claiming tickets are automatically assigned a group number and entry time based on the number of Sabre Points they have earned during the season. Students may enter through the gate at this time or at any subsequent time.
- Student seats are located in Sections 101-105, 116-119 and 301-302; seating is on a first-come, first-served basis within these sections. Student sections will be converted to reserved seats and sold to season ticket holders, donors, or the general public when students do not utilize all of their allocated seats.
- UVa students who have paid the student activity fee will have the opportunity to purchase up to three (3) Student Guest tickets for select home men's basketball games. Student Guest tickets are only available during the on demand phase if students have not fully claimed the allotment of tickets for each game. Guest tickets will only be available for purchase online. For additional information on Student Guest tickets for men's basketball, please visit the Men's Basketball Ticketing page.
- No away game tickets are available through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office. Check with the home team for ticket availability.
- Students may enter women's basketball games by presenting their student ID at the student gate, located near the corner of Emmet Street and Massie Road. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and based on availability.
- Students may enter soccer, lacrosse and baseball games by showing their student ID at the Klockner Stadum/Davenport Field main gate, located on Copeley Road across the street from the University Hall parking lot. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and is based on availability.
- Students may enter volleyball matches by showing their student ID at the entry gate inside Memorial Gymnasium. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and is based on availability.
- Students may be required to purchase tickets for ACC and NCAA Championship events held on Grounds.
- Students may also have opportunities to purchase tickets for other postseason events (bowl games, ACC and NCAA Championships) held in other locations.