Student Ticketing 101
All on-grounds, degree-seeking students, with the exception of those assessed the special session fee, have ticket opportunities for all regular season home athletic events. Students paying special session fees, who want access to ticket opportunities, may pay the Athletics portion of the Mandatory Fees or purchase tickets at the Athletics Ticket Office. Please note that admission to postseason tournament events held at the University (including NCAA Tournament games) and away games is not included in the student athletics fee.
Banners, signs and flags are allowed in athletics venues provided they do not impede another guest's view of the competition, cover any venue signage, and/or are not attached to the facility. Banners, signs, and flags on poles or sticks are prohibited. Athletics Event Management reserves the right to remove any banner, sign, or flag that is in violation of the policy.
Admission is subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. All persons entering the stadium will be subject to a visual search by stadium personnel before entering the gates. Event staff will also examine the contents of personal handbags. Guests will be asked to open their bags providing event staff the opportunity to observe the contents. If an item needs to be removed so the event staff member can see the remaining items in the bag, the guest will be asked to remove the item. The same procedure will be followed for items in a guest's pockets. The guest will be asked to remove the item so the staff member can observe the pocket's contents. If a guest is wearing a jacket, he/she will be asked to unzip the jacket and hold it open so that event staff can visually observe inside the jacket.
Information unique to each ticketed sport may be found below.
- To gain admission to football games, students must present a valid UVa student ID card at the student gate (located at the North Gate of Scott Stadium). The designated UVA student section is located in portions of Sections 101-105 (East Lower Level) and 501-503 (East Upper Level). Students may also sit on the grass hillside behind the North end zone. All student seating is on a first-come, first-served basis within the designated student sections.
- UVa students may purchase Student Guest tickets for all regular season home games - Click here to check on single game ticket availability. Guest tickets may also be purchased at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Guest tickets offer seating in the regular student sections on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Capacity for student admissions and Student Guest tickets for home football games at Scott Stadium is 13,000. Once 13,000 students and Student Guest ticket holders have entered Scott Stadium, no additional students will be admitted to the stadium. Student Guest ticket holders may enter Scott Stadium at any time after the gates open.
- Away game tickets are available for purchase beginning July 22 at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall and online at VirginiaSports.com, subject to availability. Ticket prices are set by the home team and no student discounts are available.
- Students utilize their SHOTS student ticket account to request tickets for men's basketball games. Specific ticket request periods are set for students to have the opportunity to obtain tickets to home games. Each student may request 1 ticket for their own personal use. Click here to log in to your SHOTS student ticketing account.
- Should the demand for any game exceed the supply of available tickets, a lottery will be held to determine which students will have the opportunity to claim tickets to that game. Each student requesting a ticket during the specified request period will receive 1 entry into the lottery. Students requesting a ticket will receive additional entries into the lottery equal to the number of Sabre Points they have earned during the season.
- Tickets not awarded to students (if available) will be made available during an On Demand period to students who were not awarded a ticket. Tickets cancelled by students will also be made available for other students to claim during the On Demand period.
- Sabre Points will be used to determine the assignment of entry groups for men's basketball. Once all tickets have been allocated, the list will be sorted in order of Sabre Points from highest to lowest, and sorted into groups from the point order.
- All student tickets must be scanned for the student to earn Sabre Points for attending the game. Sabre Points will not be earned by students arriving after the end of halftime.
- Sabre Points earned by attending athletics events will display on a student's ticketing account on the Monday following the event, when Sabre Points are updated.
- Students who claim a ticket but later decide not to attend the game for whatever reason must cancel their ticket online no later than 12:00 Noon one day prior to game day to avoid losing Sabre Points. One (1) Sabre Point is deducted if a student claims a ticket but (a) does not attend the game and (b) cancels before tip-off on game day, but after the ticket cancellation deadline of 12:00 Noon one day prior to game day. Two (2) Sabre Points are deducted if a student claims a ticket but (a) does not attend the game and (b) does not cancel the ticket prior to tip-off on game day.
- Student seats are located in Sections 101-105, 116-119 and 301-302; seating is on a first-come, first-served basis within these sections. Student sections will be converted to reserved seats and sold to season ticket holders, donors, or the general public when students do not utilize all of their allocated seats.
- UVa students who have paid the student activity fee will have the opportunity to purchase up to three (3) Student Guest tickets for select home men's basketball games. Student Guest tickets are only available during the On Demand phase if students have not fully claimed the allotment of tickets for each game. Guest tickets will only be available for purchase online at UVAShots.com.
- No away game tickets are available through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office. Check with the home team for ticket availability.
- The University of Virginia athletics department is committed to ensuring its events and programs are inclusive and accessible for all patrons. To that end, if you are a ticket holder with a disability, we encourage you to let us know at your earliest convenience and preferably at least five (5) calendar days in advance of the event, if there is a disability-related accommodation need. You may contact the Athletics Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (434)924-8821. Limited wheelchair- accessible seating and parking is available at all athletics venues. Athletics events held in John Paul Jones Arena also feature real-time closed-captioning. Should you require additional accommodations, we encourage you to reach out to Melvin Mallory, ADA Coordinator, at email@example.com or (434)924-3295 or Barbara Zunder, Director of the Student Disability Access Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434)243-5180.
- Students may enter women's basketball games by presenting their student ID at the student gate, located near the corner of Emmet Street and Massie Road. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and based on availability.
- Students may enter soccer, lacrosse and baseball games by showing their student ID at the Klockner Stadum/Davenport Field main gate, located on Copeley Road across the street from the University Hall parking lot. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and is based on availability.
- Students may enter volleyball matches by showing their student ID at the entry gate inside Memorial Gymnasium. Student seating is within the regular general admission sections and is based on availability.
- For Football bowl game and NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament games, approximately 10 percent of Virginia's ticket allotment will be held for UVa students to purchase after internal department needs are satisfied. UVa students will request tickets online through the SHOTS system. If demand exceeds supply, a lottery will be held. Students will be notified by email if they received tickets with instructions for ticket payment and pick-up. Student tickets for football bowl games and NCAA men's basketball tournament games will be in a designated student seating area within Virginia's seating block.
- Students may be required to purchase tickets for ACC and NCAA Championship events held on Grounds.
- Students may also have opportunities to purchase tickets for other postseason events (bowl games, ACC and NCAA Championships) held in other locations.
No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Todd Morgan Named SE Region Women's COY
Track & Field, Cross Country | 11/17/2015
Virginia women's cross country coach Todd Morgan has been named the 2015 U.S. Track & Field and...
Virginia Adds Bleser, Favero, Gullickson With Signing Class
W. Tennis | 11/17/2015
Virginia added a trio of five-star athletes with the latest signing class as head coach Mark...
Jeff White: Early Test Exposes Cavaliers' Flaws
M. Basketball | 11/17/2015
After losing 73-68 Monday night to George Washington in Washington, D.C., sixth-ranked Virginia...
Virginia Downs Norfolk State, 86-50, in Home Opener
W. Basketball | 11/16/2015
Seven players finished the game in double figures including Faith Randolph who...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2016 Schedule
W. Rowing | 11/17/2015
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer announced the Cavaliers' 2015 schedule on Tuesday (Nov. 17...
Virginia Earns 35th Straight NCAA Tournament Berth
M. Soccer | 11/16/2015
Virginia (9-4-3) plays host to Rider (14-5-1) at 7 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 19) in a first-round match...
Farm Bureau Insurance Coach's Corner with Mike London...
Football | 11/17/2015
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Mike London" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm Bureau...
Kickoff for UVA-Virginia Tech Game to Be Announced Nov. 21
Football | 11/16/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 28 home football...
- Online Stores