Athletics Ticket Marketplace
What is Virginia Ticket Marketplace?
Now season ticket holders are allowed to list for sale tickets to games they are unable to attend at a price of their choice at or above face value.
Virginia Ticket Marketplace provides a secondary market for fans to find tickets to sold out or hard-to-find seats. Season ticket holders are able to recoup some of their costs for games they cannot attend.
Why Use the Virginia Ticket Marketplace?
- Support Virginia Athletics by making sure that a fan is in every seat at every football men's basketball and baseball event
- No interaction required between buyer and seller
- Buy/Sell tickets with confidence on this safe and secure secondary market
- Gain access to hard-to-find or sold out tickets often in prime priority seating
- Recoup the cost for season tickets you are unable to use
- Season ticket holders may list tickets for any price at or above face value
- Season ticket holders whose tickets sell are credited monthly
- Electronic delivery of print-at-home tickets
- Only online secondary ticketing site where 100% of Virginia ticket transactions are guaranteed and backed by Virginia Athletics
How to get started
- After reviewing the guidelines on this page, use the links above to enter the marketplace site.
- (a) Returning customers enter their email address and password to enter the site; (b) Customers new to the marketplace site can select the Register link to activate their account.
Please note that separate registrations are necessary for the football, men's basketball and baseball marketplace sites.
Marketplace Basic Functions
Once you have signed in to your marketplace account, you will find these menu buttons:
- My Inventory - displays your tickets available to sell as well as the status of your tickets currently posted for sale.
- My Market - shows tickets you currently have up for sale and allows you to change your end sale time or withdraw tickets not yet purchased.
- History - shows tickets you have sold.
- Buy Tickets - displays the full list of tickets currently posted for sale. If you have posted tickets for sale, your tickets will appear in bold and will not have the "Buy" button next to them.
What do I gain from selling my tickets?
When your tickets are purchased on Virginia Ticket Marketplace, you will receive a credit of 85% of the ticket resale price. Tickets may be listed for any price that a season ticket holder believes they are worth at or above the single game face value for the season tickets price level. Credits for tickets sold on Virginia Ticket Marketplace will be issued by the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office on a monthly basis usually the first week of the month following a sale.
What can I sell on the site?
Virginia season ticket holders can sell their paid, reserved seat season tickets for any regular season home football, men's basketball or baseball game. Tickets for games at other venues may not be resold on this site. Single game tickets or other ticket packages may not be resold on this site.
How do I post my tickets for sale?
Visit the My Inventory page of your Virginia Ticket Marketplace account. To post your tickets for sale, simply click the "Sell" button located to the right of your desired event. You will then need to select the individual tickets you'd like to sell, set listing price, as well as set the amount of hours and days before the event you'd like your sale to end. Click "Finish" to post your tickets for sale.
Can I change the price of my ticket once listed?
Yes you can change the price provided another user of the Virginia Ticket Marketplace has not purchased your ticket(s). In order to change your listed price, click on My Market from the menu bar and then click "Edit" next to the ticket sale you'd like to change. To change the listed price of your ticket(s), simply enter the new listing price and save.
Can I cancel the sale of my ticket?
You will only be allowed to cancel a ticket sale if another user of the Ticket Marketplace has not purchased your ticket(s). In order to cancel a ticket sale, click on My Market from the menu bar and then click "Edit" next to the ticket sale you'd like to cancel. To remove your tickets from the market, simply click on the "Withdraw Tickets" button on the following page.
What should I do once my tickets sell?
Relax, your work is done. If your tickets are purchased on Virginia Ticket Marketplace you will receive an email confirmation verifying the sale. After a sale has taken place, your original ticket is voided and the barcode is rendered useless. The Virginia Athletics Ticket Office will issue new tickets to the ticket buyer. The confirmation email sent after the sale is complete will instruct you to destroy the original tickets. If an attempt is made to use your season tickets for admittance after they have been sold, all privileges to the Virginia Ticket Marketplace including, but not limited to, buying and selling of season tickets via Virginia Ticket Marketplace may be revoked.
Thank you for supporting Virginia Athletics by returning your tickets and giving us the opportunity to fill your seats with other Cavalier fans. Our student-athletes appreciate your help in ensuring that they will compete in front of a great home crowd.